Is it me or is their to much going on in marvel

x5emc5x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

-U got axis with all the tie ins and all that

-The whole avengers thing with the multiverses (if someone could catch me up on that would be great)

-Spiderverse and all the books that comes with

-Death of wolverine with all the logan legacies

-female thor

-all the xmen things that are happening (all new xmen with miles morales)

Theirs soo much

MadamFireblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel seriously needs to chill with all the events happening.

They need to properly focus the direction of their books and characters for the long-term.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much BS going on at Marvel with questionable quality control.

EdgeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel is doing the right things unlike its closest competitor.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They need to properly focus the direction of their books and characters for the long-term.

This 100%

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel just wanted to make $$$$$$$$$$$ and they are too over control with those events. Everything out at once. I'm going crazy that I don't even know where to begin to read with so many of them out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The need for at least two events a year is my biggest problem with Marvel.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The events are kinda out of control, i enjoy this multiversal incursion and the spiderman event but Axis thingie is just complete unnecessarity and garbage.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think there's also too much going on over on DC's court as well.

But Marvel does need to tone down the events. They're getting out of control. The last even I remember enjoying was Dark Reign, every event after that has been crap.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I don't think there is too much going on. There are a lot of story lines going on, but much of it is staying self contained in their own respective titles or group of titles. Each franchise has something major going on which is nice for those who only follow a certain section of Marvel so everyone is getting a big story. There are also some really great books out that are completely unrelated to the big events like Black Widow, Moon Knight, Punisher, and Winter Soldier. I like having the options that are available today.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget the movies.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Marvel and DC need to chill.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cutter

@hawk2916 said:

@madamfireblade said:

This 100%

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@xwraith : I agree. Marvel really needs to figure out which events are actually affecting the universe in the long run instead of putting out so many events in one year and not having a clear direction on these events.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This. It seems like Marvel is going for quantity over quality when it comes to their events. They just need to let the universe chill a bit before jumping into something new.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

The problem is people who complain but cannot stop buying... because of the hype!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By TDK_1997

I think Marvel's logic and policy to have at least one or two events per year is one of the stupiddest ideas and decisions ever made in the history of comic books. A book cannot go on normally without being interrupted by some kind of an event and the ongoing book has to become a tie-in to that freaking, bad event.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who can seriously afford to keep up with everything? It's way too much. I have a lot of disposable income but I'm spending less on Marvel books than ever before. Quantity over quality does not attract my readership.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 : I agree with this and the worst part is that some of the events that Marvel is creating these days barely impact the universe as a whole. It's like they are just churning out events for the heck of it instead of using them to properly change the universe.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Exactly! They are just making them so they can gather all of the superheroes and make the comic sell well and they will get lots of money from that. The event has no memorable impact on the universe and it will be forgotten in a couple of years.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@x5emc5x said:

-U got axis with all the tie ins and all that

-The whole avengers thing with the multiverses (if someone could catch me up on that would be great)

-Spiderverse and all the books that comes with

-Death of wolverine with all the logan legacies

-female thor

-all the xmen things that are happening (all new xmen with miles morales)

Theirs soo much

I don't think it's too much, but they keep cancelling books I like, so there's only been between 6-10 books I follow regularly.

Axis has been all right, but I haven't even bothered to read every issue, let alone any tie-ins (unless they're in books I'm reading anyway). Mostly I try to avoid big events and crossovers. I've purposely avoided Hickman's Avengers books because they seem all about tying one event to the next. The Wolverine spinoffs don't interest me at all, All-new X-men doesn't interest me at all.

There are some books that interest me that I don't get around to reading, but even if I was reading everything that I was curious about, it would still probably only be around a dozen books.

I guess if you tried to read it all it would probably seem like too much.. but I don't know why you would do that.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: I agree with this. I mean, does anyone even remember about the Age of Ultron event that came recently?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Nahhh, why would anyone care about an event that took place almost 1 year ago and we had at least 2 or 3 events since then.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Marvel's marketing strategy. In comics if you ask me I think they are doing a lot better than you know. I can barely feel any happenings or events with the other competition. Marvel has also practically dominated the movie scene.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot going on at Marvel and it has been one event after another for a few years which can get a little draining, both mentally and money-wise. I think the issue is that there have been all these "earth shattering" events and none of them have led to a truly new era in Marvel. They need to go back to the Annual type settings and have events take place there and keep the monthly books clicking along with a story that does not involve other titles. Hopefully after the year long Axis, Spider-verse, Original Sin, Last Will and Testament, and Secret Wars we can have a breather and they can allow the books to have some growth time before the next universe changing event.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot going on at Marvel and it has been one event after another for a few years which can get a little draining, both mentally and money-wise. I think the issue is that there have been all these "earth shattering" events and none of them have led to a truly new era in Marvel. They need to go back to the Annual type settings and have events take place there and keep the monthly books clicking along with a story that does not involve other titles. Hopefully after the year long Axis, Spider-verse, Original Sin, Last Will and Testament, and Secret Wars we can have a breather and they can allow the books to have some growth time before the next universe changing event.

What a great idea. Would love to see that happen.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@daymareprime: I agree. Marvel just needs a long break from all of these events and actually start making events if they are planning on changing everything in the universe like events are supposed to do.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I agree. Too much going on and too many books!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

@x5emc5x: It's not just you. Also, be wary of grammar Nazis. They are rounding up all the people who are using "there/their/they're" incorrectly and sending them to a concentration camp to work on V-2 rockets... Or to restore vintage typewriters. I forget which. Maybe both.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@oldnightcrawler: The only event Hickman's Avengers is connected to so far is Infinity. They're aren't random tie-ins either, Infinity is meant to centre around the Avengers/New Avengers storylines, just Marvel decided to tie it into other series for no reason but moolah. You can read Avenger/New Avengers from start to now without buying any other books besides the Infinity miniseries.

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
TearoftheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both of the bit two seem to have too much going on. The Avengers must have a dozen clones each with all of their appearances. DC is close to too much. Marvel has gone way past it, it's getting confusing.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

That's what I've been saying!