Is Avengers Vs X-men really That bad?

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Edited By flazam

Poll Is Avengers Vs X-men really That bad? (71 votes)

10 (Its amazing so underrated) 7%
9 (There's some tiny downsides but overall its amazing) 1%
8 (Its not Amazing,But Its very Good) 4%
7 (Somethings about it are Bad,But overall its Very Good) 17%
6 (Good, But nothing special) 17%
5 (Its Okay, I don't care about it to much though) 10%
4 (Some issues are Okay but most of its Bad) 14%
3 (Bad, didn't enjoy any of it) 6%
2 (Its very Bad,But its not Terrible) 1%
1 (Its Terrible) 10%
0 (Worst Arc ever) 3%
-1 ( It tempts you to stop reading comics) 10%

I have not got it Just wanna know if it is really that bad

• 
flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its interesting to see it got quite a few sevens

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

3 for me. I didn't enjoy it, but there are other comics which I disliked more...they shall remain nameless. That's right, no matter how much I may be under Siege from others to tell, I will not give in, I will except no threats nor Ultimatums. Because in the end, the only thing to fear, is Fear Itself.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Veshark

I didn't read beyond the first few issues or so...didn't really enjoy it. I get that the Phoenix was coming, the President wanted a response, and the situation was tense considering what the Phoenix has done...but why couldn't Cap and Cyclops just come to a compromise? Aside from that, the trope of hero vs hero is played out. Though I admit it was pretty cool to see my favorite Avenger and X-Man clash.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It wasn't bad, and it fixed the X-Men, so I liked it.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@teerack said:

It wasn't bad, and it fixed the X-Men, so I liked it.

this is a side of it I hadn't really considered.

I wasn't very impressed with the story, though I will concede that some parts were more interesting than I expected. I just wasn't really into the idea of the Phoenix being the impetus for the story, the conceit of which focused too much on Hope (who I don't find interesting as an X-man or an Avenger) and the redemption of the Scarlet Witch (though I suppose this was the natural place for that).

I also thought both Cyclops and Cap' were written out of character just for the sake of getting the thing going in the first place. In general, I guess I was disappointed with how few good character moments we got with this many great characters in one story. There were some (like Spider-man going up against Colossus and Magik, Namor going crazy on Wakanda, the 'Panther slapping Iron-man, or the Beast eating Iceman, to name some of my faves), but there seemed to be just as many weakly written scenes and missed opportunities.

And I hatedhow many other books the story spilled over into. They should have done it in the style of the Secret Wars instead of Secret Wars II.

All that said, I actually do like the new status quo that was established by the story. Uncanny Avengers is probably my favorite Avengers book in years, Uncanny X-men is also pretty good (and more interesting than a lot of X-men books have been for a while), New Avengers is definitely still feeling the fallout of that story, and in general it really does feel like the MU is more truly integrated than it has been in years.. heck, maybe ever. I even think that the way it sets up All-new X-men as a new introduction to the characters (of the X-men and their place in the MU) is doing a pretty fun job. So, I suppose in that way the story served well enough.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By flazam

3 for me. I didn't enjoy it, but there are other comics which I disliked more...they shall remain nameless. That's right, no matter how much I may be under Siege from others to tell, I will not give in, I will except no threats nor Ultimatums. Because in the in, the only thing to fear, is Fear Itself.

Great post

NightHaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I said 6, but I feel like it will be different reading in trade.

Most people I talk to just moan about how certain parts of the phoenix here didn't match up with continuinity, which I am happy too see forgotten for the sake of a better story. It beat Fear Itself at least.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

I gave it a 7.

tsaimelemoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it a 5. It was mediocre, but not terrible.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

I thought it was abysmal. The only thing I liked was watching Namor mop the floor with the Avengers before eventually being defeated. It was forced upon us as a storyline. So many people written out of character to progress a nonsensical plot. The writers tried to force the results upon the fans by trying to make the Avengers look innocent. But that backfired a bit. Oh, and majority of the tie ins were far better than the main issues.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

My favorite part was Spidey vs Colossus and Magik. Other than that the story was confusing, after the phoenix five were formed there seemed to be no point in continuing.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the first Marvel event that I read but I thought it was alright.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the first Marvel event that I read but I thought it was alright.

I thought about that, actually.

see, after the whole series was over, I reread it, and realizing I would most likely not do so again (not because I hated it, but because I didn't think it was that good overall and felt totally burnt out by it) , decided to do with it what I do with all such comics and just leave it on the bookshelf in the laundromat across the street.

see, I never know where these comics really go. So I tried to imagine what whoever picked it up would think about it. I figured, worst case scenario, that person has no prior experience with these characters (which is somewhat unlikely at this point) and would just be totally confused and therefore not be interested.

Then, sort of out of the blue, but I guess not really, I remembered the first marvel comic book I ever read. I was like 11 or 12. I found it at the back of Ellie's Antiques (don't bother looking for it, it burned down in the mid-90's) while I was looking at the Archies. Archies was basically just what I referred to all comic books as; I learned to read really young reading mostly Archie comics, and my whole family just referred to all of my comics as Archies even if the cover said anything else. Anyway, so suddenly, there it was: Marvel Superheroes Secret War #5.

No Caption Provided

That's when it hit me, not in the antique shop, but later.

This is the book that introduced me to marvel comics. I read the hell out of that one issue; I didn't even have any of the rest of the series, it would actually be years before I knew how it ended (or started), but it was my favorite comic book the moment I finished it.

As far as I knew, these were pretty much all of the superheroes in the world (there's actually something like 20 superheroes in this series, but you see why I would think that. I only knew superheroes from those old 60's and 70's marvel cartoons) -in a desperate contest for their very survival! I mean, obviously, I just assumed that all of the characters would survive, but whatever. I was hooked.

So my point is that maybe those AvsX comics I left at the laundromat could be some other kid's Secret Wars #5. Not terribly profound, but it did make me think that maybe that's exactly the kind of reader Marvel hoped to attract with AvsX: new ones. Because we need those too.

I still think it's too bad AvsX wasn't better, but I'm willing to accept that it was never intended for me.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

yes it is lol. -1

Avatar image for supeprimeisfanboyjiz
supeprimeisfanboyjiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's no Secret Wars, and in a lot of ways the writers did a cop out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I didn't read it myself, the title and premise alone just scream "fighting game", like Marvel vs. Capcom or Injustice: Gods Among Us.

What I'm saying is that I personally think it would've done better as a fighting game, where you can choose between your favorite X-Men and Avengers as playable characters (granted, the storyline, from what I've heard of it, would still need some work).

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It was bad but there are other books that I hated way more than it.It's one of the worst Marvel events most definitely but not the worst and it won't be because currently Age of Ultron is looking way worse than AvX.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave it an 8 it was good but not amazing and the fallout of the event actually changed something's in the MU unlike the last few events marvel has had

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

The tie-ins muddied the waters too much. It was much harder than it should have been to figure out what order to read the books in. It was also a very forced concept. There are a lot of long standing, and decent reasons for the X-Men and the Avengers to build to a natural conflict between the two teams. Some of which were even skimmed in the event. It isn't that the story is bad because it's bad. It's that it's bad because it didn't have to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

"Good Marvel event" is a borderline contradiction these days.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tie-ins muddied the waters too much. It was much harder than it should have been to figure out what order to read the books in. It was also a very forced concept. There are a lot of long standing, and decent reasons for the X-Men and the Avengers to build to a natural conflict between the two teams. Some of which were even skimmed in the event. It isn't that the story is bad because it's bad. It's that it's bad because it didn't have to be.

that's a pretty interesting way of looking at it. yeah, I'd say I agree with that.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a mess where out of character actions were the norm.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decent.