#1 Edited by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

In an interview at SDCC, Joss Whedon mentioned the inclusion of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as the team's newest members. He also reassured us that they won't take any of the limelight off of the rest of the team, even assuring us that Hawkeye will have plenty of time to shine. But before they join up,Whedon stated that the mutant siblings will fight against the Avengers.This brings me to ask, how powerful will he make them? How will they fight of Hulk and Thor? How could they do damage to Ultron? I really want Falcon to join the team after Captain America:The Winter Soldier. Now, with Ultron, Vision soon follows. We know that he was created by Ultron to do his bidding. However, he then rebels against his creator and joins the Avengers. I would love for all of these members to join as they would definitely need 10 Avengers to take on Thanos in Avengers 3! I never really understood Scarlet Witch's powers. What do you guys think?

#2 Edited by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

For the sake of movie equality, Quicksilver will be about as fast as Dash from the Incredibles, with occasional bursts of ridiculous speed to save Wanda or something (which he'll have to recover from)

Scarlet Witch is too powerful/complex to portray normally, so she'll probably be more of a plot device. --as in a poweful woman who can't quite control or understand her powers, think Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite.

#3 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightcrawler358: So do you think more powerful than Hulk and Thor? Because if they cut loose, they could cause a lot of damage!

#4 Edited by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

they won't make Quicksilver as powerful as them, but fast enough to avoid them. Scarlet Witch will be able to floor them both, but like I said, unreliable because she won't be able to control it properly. This is my theory at least.

#5 Posted by heroesgold (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksliver will probably be insanely fast in the movies. Scarlet Witch might be toned down since MCU likes to make powerful characters weaker. Or it could be that their both op'd.

#6 Edited by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightcrawler358: @heroesgold: Now that would be fun to see! Scarlet Witch is the only mainstream hero that I know nothing about! Do you think Quicksilver will be able to run up buildings?

#7 Posted by THORSON (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

won't believe until i see it.

#8 Edited by JonSmith (3987 posts) - - Show Bio

I predict Quicksilver will be ridiculously fast (i.e., I expect to see a version of his "I've been outracing lightning bolts since puberty." line), able to literally run circles around Thor and move through battles with time almost still.

As for the Witch, I think she'll be powerful, but unstable without a specific goal to focus and concentrate on.

#9 Posted by Lvenger (18207 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I doubt Wanda will be warping reality or creating another House of M. But she'll be pretty powerful. Maybe there'll be an instability or lack of control to counter that. As for Quicksilver, I'd like to see him move through fights in slow motion decking multiple guys before everyone knows what's happening. I think Whedon has included Wanda and Pietro over Hank and Jan this time because these two have less "punchy powers" in Whedon's words to describe most of the Avengers' team.

#10 Posted by SkyRobo1 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Whedon makes Wanda and Pietro fight against the Avengers before teaming up with them. Seems like how you gain membership to the team.

As for there power stats. I'm guessing Pietro will be fast but I don't think will be seeing him speed blitzing anyone. As for Wanda I suppose she'll be tapping into her chaos magic but not too much into her reality warping powers.

As for the battle Pietro will face against Hawkeye and Hulk while Wanda will face off against Iron Man and Thor. Wanda in the comics knows that he cannot really kill Thor but can only remove him from the battlefield. So most likely she will do the same here. She will use her magic to blast Thor out of the battlefield and help Pietro deal with the rest of the team before it is put to a stop by Captain America and a mutual truce is created between both sides.

#11 Edited by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@skyrobo1: Sounds awesome. I just hope Whedon doesn't do what most comics do once a team gets new members. I hope he doesn't get rid of some of the old ones! I want a bigger team to face the massive threats.

#12 Edited by ShadowX (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather Scarlet Witch no be a plot device, as I prefer my female characters to be fleshed out...

Anyways I hope to see Scarlet witch be pretty powerful.

#13 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: I liked her portrayal in Wolverine and the X-men. I shipped her and Nightcrawler right away. She was quite powerful but likeable. I'd be cool with her just flying, teleporting the team, energy blasts and force fields. I hope Quicksilver can dodge Thor's lightning. Hey, I'm happy as long as there's no incest.

#14 Edited by batmannflash (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver won't be as powerful as the big characters (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk). Scarlet Witch will definitely be nerfed, but hopefully not too much. I want to see her showing some kind of feat to compete against Iron Man at least.

#15 Posted by ShadowX (1209 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: i havrnt seen alot og wolverine and the xmen sadly. I didnt have cable at the time it was on. I think its on netflix though so I might catch up on it there. Is it worth the watch?

#16 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: I enjoyed the series, the only problem is it, along with many cartoons have Wolverine popping the claws only to punch/kick/throw enemies. Otherwise it'sa got great action scenes and amazing character interaction .

#17 Posted by Spideysense44 (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna see quicksilver and cap go at it lets say he runs into caps shield tht wld be f**kn hilarious

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32611 posts) - - Show Bio

such a bad idea

#19 Edited by spider11211 (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Well at least Joss knows how to write for a female character....could be good.

#20 Edited by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by PowerHerc (81458 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver won't be as powerful as the big characters (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk). Scarlet Witch will definitely be nerfed, but hopefully not too much. I want to see her showing some kind of feat to compete against Iron Man at least.

This.

#22 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK

#23 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Quicksilver will be insanely fast in this movie...The problem is that due to today's technology/CGI, whoever will be editing Avengers: Age of Ultron in post-production will want to mess around with the effects and thus make Quicksilver look fast beyond his limits.

#25 Edited by M3th (2037 posts) - - Show Bio

MetH tHinks Quicksilver will be insanely fast but not ridiculously fast like infinite mass punch fast.

MetH agrees witH everyone saying Wanda will be wicked powerful, at least as powerful as THor and Loki can be. At the same time, Her powers will be unreliable. MetH is very interested to see wHat story do tHey create for tHem, Ultron, and all the Avengers given tHat IronM3, CapA:WS, and Thor:DW are kind of prequels in a way.

-m3th.O.D.-

#26 Posted by Stefano (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they will be as powerful as iron man (who I think represents the average in terms of the teams power level), maybe Wanda will be a little stronger. Movies and tv shows about superheros tend to make there casts balanced in power. This was done with the Avengers movie by depowering thor with his fight with IM and Loki with his Captain America. If there power levels where as different as in the comics Tony would have looked useless next to Thor and Cap would probably have died or fallen to Loki’s mind control. The same thing was done with EMH when Cap’s shield was seen hurting Thor and Iron man’s repulsors hurting galactus. This way every team member seems relevant.

#27 Edited by phisigmatau (463 posts) - - Show Bio

it would be cool to see Thor and QS in a speed blitz battle

of course Thor would hold off on strength until he got annoyed and sends QS over the horizon with a flick of his finger

#28 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: I want Quicksilver to tag Hawkeye, and Black Widow. Wanda can take out Thor, Hulk and Iron Man. I really want Cap to step in from out of nowhere and just stand there so Pietro runs into his shield!

#29 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by prinplup45 (201 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

Well I doubt Wanda will be warping reality or creating another House of M. But she'll be pretty powerful. Maybe there'll be an instability or lack of control to counter that. As for Quicksilver, I'd like to see him move through fights in slow motion decking multiple guys before everyone knows what's happening. I think Whedon has included Wanda and Pietro over Hank and Jan this time because these two have less "punchy powers" in Whedon's words to describe most of the Avengers' team.

#31 Posted by jacobdextercoffey (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos won't be an Avengers concern anytime soon. Guardians of the Galaxy and the Thor storyline so far are setting up the stones for the power gauntlet. I HOPE EVERYONE IS STILL STAYING AFTER THE CREDITS. If everyone saw after Thor 2 they would know what I mean.

#32 Posted by THORSON (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they are standard power level

#33 Posted by THORSON (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos won't be an Avengers concern anytime soon. Guardians of the Galaxy and the Thor storyline so far are setting up the stones for the power gauntlet. I HOPE EVERYONE IS STILL STAYING AFTER THE CREDITS. If everyone saw after Thor 2 they would know what I mean.

when i say THOR 2 from a filled room, only like 4-6 people stayed back for the credits

#34 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: LOL same. My friends were really angry when I made them stay til after Man Of Steel (My mistake). However ,even though most of the people left, I said "We gotta stay!"

#35 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14991 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably nerfed. Everyone else is.

#36 Posted by adhd_assassin (524 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Quicksilver will either be nerfed or will receive a large power up. Scarlet witch will defiantly be nerfed.

#37 Edited by Cutter (704 posts) - - Show Bio

can't really say...so let see what happens...

#38 Posted by adhd_assassin (524 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda off topic, but wasnt war machine confirmed for one of the avengers movies?

#39 Posted by Starbrander (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say.

Scarlett Witch...is the intention really to have her waving her hands around shooting red beams? Call me skeptical.

Quicksilver will be fast, but there won't be any portals of reality being distorted or anything similarly stupid.

#40 Posted by Jonez120 (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been confirmed already that Wanda will be messing with people's minds. To what extent I have no idea.

#41 Posted by JetiiMitra (8151 posts) - - Show Bio

They will probably be <= Iron Man.

#42 Posted by Oscars94 (2317 posts) - - Show Bio