Hank Pym might be dead, and no one cares. :|

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

Am I the only one who's been freaking out about this? Because i think it's really obvious that Hank is probably dead....

*if you haven't read up to Secret Avengers 34 or Avengers 2(marvel now) Then stop reading spoilers*

Okay first off we have seen NO hank Pym in ANY Marvel Now promotion or series.

Second in Avengers 2 we saw this...

Now of course we can't see all the names and this isn't a full list of the Avengers, but we don't see his name.

The full roster of people that do go to space in Avengers 2 is here.

Considering the situation they were in. It suspicious that Hank wouldn't be a part of this.

Now what do i think happened to him? The end of Secret Avengers 34....

How could he have possibly recovered from this?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

The last time I recall seeing Hank was in Daredevil. He looked fine there...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Chances are he's dead.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Teerack

@Gambit1024: That was like 5 months ago before Secret Avengers 34....

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Loki9876

I care a lot.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

We'll see then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Since when did being dead matter anymore in comics?

I would be more worried about Marvel's bipolar use of him as either the main character in a book completely unsuited to him, or forgotten absolutely for long periods.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teerack

@Brazen_Intellect: Yeah but sense they just brought back Scott Lang as Ant-Man and if you compare Scott's older Ant-Man suit to the test footage from the Ant-Man movie; it makes me feel like they'e just killing Hank to get him out of the way, so they can shove Lang down our throat and cut Hank Pym out of the Marvel Movieverse :(

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hectorsquall

ROFLMFAO!

First O'Grady and now Pym...

Marvel brings back an Ant-Man and lets Remender kill off the other two, how surprising! I told you guys not to buy this series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Teerack said:

@Brazen_Intellect: Yeah but sense they just brought back Scott Lang as Ant-Man and if you compare Scott's older Ant-Man suit to the test footage from the Ant-Man movie; it makes me feel like they'e just killing Hank to get him out of the way, so they can shove Lang down our throat and cut Hank Pym out of the Marvel Movieverse :(

I would not put this past Marvel, but it is still to early to say either way.

I personally always liked Scott Lang better than Hank Pym, but there is no reason the two characters can not co-exist at the same time. Pym has enough alternate identities to fall back on as to not confuse anyone. Even if they do kill him off, expect him to come back a matter of months after the movie comes out.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By mk111

I don't like Hank Pym, so I don't mind. I do think its weird that no one is talking about it, though.

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By MrArrogant

@Teerack said:

they should put hank pym in avengers 2 (played by nathan fillion) as a tech character in shield, who reluctantly puts on a costume toward the end of the film to help in the inevitable final battle; they should then put Scott Lang in the solo film (played by Neil Patrick Harris) as that film is said to be more of a comedy, which could be funny seeing as it's being done by Edgar Wright. Plus he said he wants to base it off "to steal an ant-man" so it's likely Scott Lang will be in Ant-Man

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack

@MrArrogant: If Hank is in Avengers 2 I'd be fine with that.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By krspaceT

With Ultron coming back, getting rid of Hank helps out the story

Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VampireSelektor

I care. I hope Tigra and the Avengers cure him.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VampireSelektor

@krspaceT said:

With Ultron coming back, getting rid of Hank helps out the story

How?

Wonderman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wonderman1

It would be a major blow to Marvel to lose Hank Pym. Ultron is not nearly so interesting without him. He is an important foil for Iron Man. His original Giant Man costume is fantastic. At the moment he does not seem overly burdened mentally. I would love to see him explore the Giant Man persona and his powers as opposed to always reverting back to being a scientist. Kick some butt for a while. We shall see though...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Teerack said:

Hank and Lang are both in the upcoming Ant Man film
Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#19  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Marvel treats Hank like Crap. Didn't Wasp just come back? Why is hank suddenly dead? I didn't even know he was dead.

gethere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gethere

Actually I think this was simply a writers' disconnect. As both Bendis and Remender work do not work well together. Those of us who has read the A vs X tie ins for both New Avengers and Secret Avengers thought it was a convoluted travesty. Simply put it was two completely different stories on the same event of Avengers fighting the Phoenix force as started though fairly similar, ended in completely different place. Which is sad as Marvel is saying both happened. This maybe something similar as Bendis finish his final arc around the same time Remender started his it wouldn't be hard to say Remender simply did not know Bendis was going to bring back Wasp and Pym was supposed to be normal. So like the A vs X mess this may be just another plot hole for marvel clean up if Remender decide not to fix it first.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself

I'm pretty sure that I heard that Hank is to be in Captain America later on acting as Captain America's Q and supplying him with tech

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

In the most recent issue of Secret Avengers Hank's mind is free and they agree to break this orb and when they do it should kill everyone who's become all roboty.... which Hank is :\

Wonderman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wonderman1

@Teerack: I will be really surprised if they kill Hank. I could see them put him back on the shelf though, where he has spent some time over the years. If they leave him as Giant man and use Scott Lang as Ant Man I do not really see a problem but you never know. They could decide for clarity's sake to have only one shrinky hero. With the movie coming up I expect Scott will get focus and Hank will shrink into the background. I would much prefer to see Giant Man on a roster but at the moment that does not seem to be the plan.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Ant-Man annual Hank is there and later Wasp mentions how they are treating it as if he were dead. And then there is a new Giant Man. So what happened?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisticneedham: The Ant-Man Annual is a flashback story with Hank to a time just before the events or Rage of Ultron. In Rage of Ultron, Ultron merges with Pym. Pym is left trapped in Ultron floating in outerspace when the story ends.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't just an interview with how Hank is simply going to be a scientist now instead of a superhero? I could've sworn I heard that somewhere.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not dead he's currently fused to Ultron during the Rage of Ultron Hardcover.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, it's pretty safe to assume he's dead now

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers