Future Avengers Membership Discussion

K9ofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 67

#1  Edited By K9ofChaos

Hello there. Sorry if this topic has been discussed before, but when I tried searching for something like this, I couldn't find anything. So I figured I would create this topic in case anyone was interested.

Many characters have been Avengers at some point in their lives, but there are some characters who aren't members, at least not yet. So I ask you this, what are some characters who are considered cult classics (or at least have some notoriety) that you would like to see become Avengers?

The characters can be anybody from a supporting character in a preexisting solo-series to an obscure character that may or may not have his/her own series or miniseries. They just have to characters that have never been part of the team at any point that you could see becoming a member in either the near or distant future.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this subject.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'll have to have a proper think, but Ms. Thing and Araña could be cool.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FearTheLiving
Hmm, can't think of anyone I'd really want to be an Avenger. There is quite a bit as is.
Hmm, can't think of anyone I'd really want to be an Avenger. There is quite a bit as is.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@feartheliving: Hickman's Aveners, have quite a lot of members. The team is groing in the movie universe as well. But Whedon has promised that Hawkeye will have a large role.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FearTheLiving

@oscars94 said:
No Caption Provided

@feartheliving: Hickman's Aveners, have quite a lot of members. The team is groing in the movie universe as well. But Whedon has promised that Hawkeye will have a large role.

That's awesome, but I didn't mention Hawkeye nor the Avengers movie... that being said with Scarlet Witch, Quick Silver, and Hawkeye already in the fold I wonder if we'll get a nod to the original new Avengers in a scene.
That's awesome, but I didn't mention Hawkeye nor the Avengers movie... that being said with Scarlet Witch, Quick Silver, and Hawkeye already in the fold I wonder if we'll get a nod to the original new Avengers in a scene.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Backflip
Songbird
Songbird

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Sleepwalker should become a member.

K9ofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By K9ofChaos

I would probably go with characters like Thundra, Black Cat, Doc Samson, Sabra and Arabian Knight. Of course, that would be a big maybe for all of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@backflip: I was seriously about to post that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah Songbird all the way love her. Also Miss America from young avengers

K9ofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammertron:

Sleepwalker is pretty cool design wise, but isn't he more Midnight Sons material? Or is he not really considered occult-like enough to qualify as a member of the Midnight Sons? He does come out of the Mindscape whenever Rick Sheridan falls asleep. I'm not egging you about wanting Sleepwalker to become an Avenger or anything (I think it's a great idea in and of itself), I'm just asking if his abilities are occult in nature or more along the lines of science fiction.

selras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I would probably go with characters like Thundra, Black Cat, Doc Samson, Sabra and Arabian Knight. Of course, that would be a big maybe for all of them.

yeah black cat can be good for secret avengers I think and maybe Ka-zar

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammertron:

Sleepwalker is pretty cool design wise, but isn't he more Midnight Sons material? Or is he not really considered occult-like enough to qualify as a member of the Midnight Sons? He does come out of the Mindscape whenever Rick Sheridan falls asleep. I'm not egging you about wanting Sleepwalker to become an Avenger or anything (I think it's a great idea in and of itself), I'm just asking if his abilities are occult in nature or more along the lines of science fiction.

I'm leaning towards sci fi.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Warlock

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 58

Definitely Songbird. She always comes to mind first with this question. She has a really organic villain to hero story, and I think has earned at least a chance to prove herself within the world.

In the past Taskmaster and Blue Marvel would come to mind. Tasky was just on Secret Avengers though, and Blue Marvel is now on Luke Cage's team.

Iceman. He never gets enough respect on the X-Men. He is an original member, an omega level mutant, and the kind of comic relief character that he should be the heart of the team (think Flash on JLU cartoon). I just want to see him get some props.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 58

@oscars94 said:
No Caption Provided

Isn't that what they are already doing? From set pics it looks like Clint, Wanda, and Pietro are their own little team.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FearTheLiving
I've only really scene Clint and Wanda together, but as of now all I'm asking for his a shot kind of like in the first Avengers with them all except one with Cap, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye even if it's for littlerally like 2 or 3 frames where they're preparing for an attack or about to attack or something I'd be pretty happy.
I've only really scene Clint and Wanda together, but as of now all I'm asking for his a shot kind of like in the first Avengers with them all except one with Cap, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye even if it's for littlerally like 2 or 3 frames where they're preparing for an attack or about to attack or something I'd be pretty happy.

@slamadams:

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Quickfingers26
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jack Russell the Werewolf by Night - I just think this dude is underused and has a ton of potential. And no one would see him coming. I could see him taking on a role/persona like Bigby Wolf in the Wolf Among Us game.

No Caption Provided

Arachne (Julia Carpenter) - She's been on a lot of teams but not on the main Avengers. Getting her in the same vicinity with Peter Parker and Jessica Drew could make for some fun reading. Also, she was a single mother last time I read anything about her, so that opens the door to conflicting responsibilities.

And lastly and this is sort of a hail mary play... Sage (Tessa) I think it would be cool for the Avengers to pick up someone like her. Her power set would be unique, especially if they focus on her computer brain and telepathy. Written properly she could be an interesting addition. Since she has a history of being planted into other people's groups to manipulate and collect info, I could see Cyclops wanting her in the Avengers.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dream would be to have Spiderwoman and Songbird join the main team of Avengers. Abigail Brand could also be interesting. I would also be interested in seeing Miss America from young avengers. Another character i would consider would be Gladiator. Have him decide to help Captain marvel under the guise of protecting the universe but really he's being pressured by the Shiar council to expand their empire

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Giving that Wolvs is about to meet his makers, the Avengers will always need that one person who is willing to cross the line. Why not give Kaine a run?

MadamFireblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MadamFireblade

I'd love to see some more mutants make their way into the Avengers, even if it's only the younger X-Men joining the Young Avengers.

K9ofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would Thundra, Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil, Cloak, Dagger, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Bill Foster (if he comes back to life), Brother Voodoo and Squirrel Girl make for some good additions to the Avenger?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd be interested to see Adam Warlock as an Avenger.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about Triton from the Inhumans as a member of one of the Avengers teams?

They need more water breathers.

Avatar image for xtremewolverine
XtremeWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Songbird, Cloak & Dagger, Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil, Kaine, Taskmaster would be good as Secret Avengers if they tie back into the Avengers and not S.H.I.E.L.D. If they tie back into the Avengers again I would like to see Hawkeye lead them again with Black Widow, Mockingbird, & Spider-Woman w/ other members like DP, Punisher, Elektra, Deathlok, Psylocke, Fantomex, E.V.A., Dr. Nemesis, Marrow, which would be interesting to see on the team.

Iceman, Angel, Rachael Grey, Nightcrawler, Genesis, Quentin Quire, Emma Frost would be nice to see them on the Uncanny Avengers

Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Triton, Abigail Brand, Gladiator would be nice to see on the Avengers but probably won't happen unless the Avengers get another team for invading alien forces Cosmic Avengers led by Captain Marvel (Carol) w/ Black Bolt, Maximus the Mad, Captain Universe, Ronan, Ikon, Mar-Vell if comes back to life, Kid Nova w/ Rich Rider if he didn't die in the Cancerverse.

Sage, Squirrel Girl, Bill Foster, Black Cat, Doc Samson I think would fit in Luke's Mighty Avengers maybe Red She-Hulk, Man-Thing