• 99 results
M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By M3th

As long as they have one of the main 3 in the movie and replaced the heroes instead of the actors then I'm still down to see it.

Edit: Do you think if they do compromise that Chris Evans and the rest will start to complain as well?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

If they can't come to an agreement with Hemsworth, they might as well write Thor out of "Avengers 2."

Scarlett is another matter entirely. I love her and she did a fine job as Natasha, but many, many actresses could have played the part just as well. She can be replaced.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Yea RDJ (or his lawyer) was the only one with the foresight to see this thing may just get huge and make a hell of a lot of cash

Yeah and apparently in regards to Hemsworth and Evans, if their respective sequels make more than $500 million at the box office, they get a bigger cut.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to have a hard time seeing Avengers 2 if Thor is not in it or he's replaced. Thor's too important an avenger to cut out just for money reasons. I guess they could say they couldn't contact Thor or Thor is busy in asgard.

Black widow on the other hand isn't as important. Her character doesn't have to be in the movie but will be because they need another female character She is also probably really easy to replace for having limited roles.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do this, they deserve to be shamed by the fans.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Scarlett, and I want her to stay. She's a great actress and I want to see her character delved into

I'm actually the opposite of most of you. I want a better Thor. Hemworths is only popular because he's a dumbed down version of Brad Pitt.

And he's sort of a shrimp despite being pretty buff. Could we maybe get a bigger guy to play as Thor?

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Auralaria

I think that would suck. I need them. Plus replacing cast members after already having them play a character always feels awkward to me.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not quite Terrance Howard syndrome. Word was Terrance Howard actually wanted more money than Robert Downey Jr, which is preposterous when he's not the lead of the film. An argument could be made that the non-Downey cast of Avengers is underpaid and Marvel/Disney is being stingy.

I would prefer they just get their money and stay than to replace them, but I think we're at a point with movies, mainly superhero/comic stuff, where people will probably still see it regardless. For me, I don't feel like many characters have been played on a level where they are irreplaceable. Even with Iron Man, I think Robert Downey Jr. probably won't be bested anytime soon, but I also don't think Tony Stark is a difficult character to do correctly.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By New_World_Order

@lvenger said:

Johansson I can do without but Hemsworth, hell no. Pay up Marvel and Disney, we've had enough change over actors for one cinematic universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never liked Scarlett as Black Widow, never even cared for her character anyway, though I was pleased how she was directed under Whedon. All in all I don't care if she returns or not. Hemsworth is meh for me, pretty sure they could get a better actor. I didn't care for Chris Evans either much, but more than Hemsworth. He has the look but is still too young and looked like a joke in his suit. He didn't command respect like Cap should.

Regardless I think Marvel could stop being so greedy. The actors deserve a little more money since they helped get the MCU where it was in their own way. Plus they made 1 billion on just the Avengers and IM3 is going to end up that way most likely too. (I bet Cap. America will bomb)

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bogey

Keep Scarlett and get rid of Hemsworth. It's not like his acting career has warranted a pay boost.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

The comic roster changes all the time so this isn't really that big a deal when you think about it.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I can easily do without Scarlet Johansson. I never cared for her as Black Widow. Hemsworth will be missed.

Agreed. Hemsworth was Thor. Not the most charismatic actor of the bunch by a stretch, but I look at him and see Thor.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

S¨¨¨!!

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey man, numbers are infinite. That means it's always possible to have more money. That means it's always possible to want more money. I'm not surprised in the least. That being said I'd be excited for an Avengers 2 if both characters were changed, or removed for that matter.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Johansson I can do without but Hemsworth, hell no. Pay up Marvel and Disney, we've had enough change over actors for one cinematic universe.

Perfectly put. OH HEEELL NO! Pay up marvel/disney!!!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I actually don't care about Black Widow being out of the movie as a whole but I can't deal without Chris Hemsworth as Thor.If Thor isn't in the movie it would be better but if Thor is in the movie and isn't played by Hemsworth,everything goes to hell.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Surprising to see that the majority doesn't really care if Black Widow goes. I thought she was more populair here.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprising to see that the majority doesn't really care if Black Widow goes. I thought she was more populair here.

My understanding is that any comic fan (or, more specifically, a Black Widow fan) worth their salt realizes that Black Widow has never been an integral part of Avengers lore and stories. She just isn't powerful enough and essentially just fills the role of A.) Espionage/stealth proficient members, and/or B.) Sex appeal and rounding out the sausage fest. Johansson is a boring actress. She's bluffing without a hand to play here.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@illuminatus: oh I agree. I just thought it was surprising :p

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gotta love how actors who already get paid thousands for their roles complain about it not being enough.

They got 5 million & more & yet its not enough sigh as i really want Chris to play Thor .

MarvellousFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do we need them?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#74  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@marvellousfan: nope. not really. with ant man, doctor strange, guardians of the galaxy coming out plenty of new heroes to choose from. the actors that refuse to come back for avengers 2 will return for 3 because they need the money. hemsworth is a crappy actor and when was the last time you saw johansson in anything big? or at all? they're bluffing.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Again I want to say if they're not going to be in the movie they should have their characters written off. I rather have the hero replaced in the story than to have another actor replace the role. I will still watch it even if Thor and Black Widow are gone, but if Thor is there but not Chris Heimsworth then I will only watch the bootleg version. XP

( + )

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Man, Hemsworth better come back as Thor.. No one will care about you anymore if you don't. You're Thor. No one watches your other movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched all the movies, seen all the characters, and now Scarlett is Black Widow and Hemsworth is Thor. They're far too large roles to replace now and it just won't be the same because I'll be sitting there the whole movie like "it's a different actor... it's a different actor... it's a different actor..." WORK IT OUT ACTORS/MARVEL&DISNEY.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Widow was useless in the film for someone who was in love with Stark, Cap & Clint in the comics

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think not having Hemsworth as Thor would be a blow to the franchise, he's already in 2 Thor films.

ScarJo while great eye candy I could take or leave, but would like to see her return.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll be mad. hemsworth is worthy.

tsaimelemoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would actually be ok with Scarlett not coming back. Her actions scenes were interesting, but it's not like she did most of them herself. Her 'acting' was boring and almost cringe-worthy. Give Maria Hill a larger intelligence gathering role and bring in another female character for the kick-ass parts (if they have the rights after the DD stuff reverted); bring in Elektra for the hand-to-hand bad-assery if they want to keep it street-level, or introduce Ms. Marvel for some all around awesomeness.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

If they can't come to an agreement with Hemsworth, they might as well write Thor out of "Avengers 2."

which would be a shame, but, yeah, I kinda agree with this.

My understanding is that any comic fan (or, more specifically, a Black Widow fan) worth their salt realizes that Black Widow has never been an integral part of Avengers lore and stories. She just isn't powerful enough and essentially just fills the role of A.) Espionage/stealth proficient members, and/or B.) Sex appeal and rounding out the sausage fest. Johansson is a boring actress. She's bluffing without a hand to play here.

I liked her well enough, but, yeah, totally not essential. Especially since there are other female Avengers characters who work better with the concept anyway. I'd way rather see Captain Marvel and/or the Wasp anyway.

UncannyLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By UncannyLantern

Love Hemsworth!!! want him to stay as Thor, not too worried if Black Widow was written out though.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Stan Lee ahould replace the entire cast and play everyone. He could pull it off

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Hemsworth stay as to Widow get here out of there. Spies like her are good for two things infiltrating and assassinations that's it not pretending they work in public super hero teams. Just because thy know martial arts.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@veshark said:

Yeah, I've heard some rumors about the cast being annoyed with Marvel's numbers for their respective salaries. Hemsworth was quoted as being reluctant to return to Thor for his low pay and also because of the intense workout needed to bulk up for Thor.

Personally, I would be saddened if these two were dropped. I like Hemsworth as Thor, he's got the regal voice and the physically imposing presence for the part. And Johannson while less than stellar in IM2, actually played a strong and convincing Widow for the Avengers. It would be a shame if we lost them, but let's just hope that Marvel can come to a compromise.

well said, as a big fan of Hemsworth's Thor I will be very dissapointed if he leaves over money. Don't you already make enough?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#88  Edited By Extremis

@veshark: good point as Hemsworth and Johansson actually need to take into account rigorous physical exercises/changes. Hensworth is expected to be huge and ripped and we all know the ridiculous standard for women. RDJ could fatten up a bit and who would care? He's always got HIS shirt on. And even if he doesnt, he's not expected to be big. RDJ is rather puny. Plus he's got an iron suit. Not fair really from that standpoint. And honestly I'm a little peeved about this.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Phase 1 Avengers franchise gross over 5 Billions USD!!! worldwide, average 700 mils each movies... which are only 7 movies. And yet, I don't understand why Marvel and Disney are so stingy. What the actors need is a reasonable price I'm sure their combined salary are affordable. Just think about the future plans: Avengers phase 2 & 3... Iron Man 3 leading Phase 2 already joined the Billion dollar club, and I can predict that build up to Avengers 2, there will be roughly $12 Billions !!! and $18 Billions !!! to Avengers 3...which easily be one of the highest grossing movie franchises in history, and the highest comic book superhero movie franchise.

And if Marvel and DIsney can think of bigger picture, those actors'' salary isn't a problem anymore...

so Marvel, Disney....stop being an ass, and sign the damn deal! and Raise their salary already...

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again I want to say if they're not going to be in the movie they should have their characters written off. I rather have the hero replaced in the story than to have another actor replace the role. I will still watch it even if Thor and Black Widow are gone, but if Thor is there but not Chris Heimsworth then I will only watch the bootleg version. XP

( + )

How they replace Thor? he is too important in the Avengers...especially seems like Thanos is going to be the main villain in A2, which is related to Asgard and Odin (the IG). But I can see how they can replace Thor in A3, just do the WWH storyline, which Thor isn't in it, and bring in Illuminati during the Phase 3 (Ant-man, Dr.Strange, BP and hope they got the rights of F4)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#91 vance_astro  Moderator

Wish it was Chris Evans that wasn't returning. I'm sure they could have found a better Cap. I don't really see the point of making it with out Scarlett & Hemsworth. To recasting two major characters will take ALOT away from the film.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael Jai White as Luke Cage and Ms. Marvel (someone fitting) could replace them both.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Has there been any actual news on this?

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, just recast Don Cheadle as both of 'em...

In fact, all you need for the entire movie is Don Cheadle and I'm happy...

*okay, maybe not in place of Scarlett Johansson.

hahahah.... don cheadle

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has been literally no talk about this since ign posted that video and Ruffalo even said he had heard nothing of the sort. I don't think there's much reason to worry.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Chris leaves, I will declare war on Marvel Studios. I cant imagine anyone else who can play Thor, the first ever time before the first Thor movie I thought Brad Pitt could play Thor because of Troy you know the blonde hair and all but I was young and confused. Hemsworth is and always will be the man for the job

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Deranged Midget

I doubt this will come to pass. The franchises are already two big, Hemsworth has Thor 2 coming out and he's already relatively established as the character. Replacing the lead this far in just wouldn't work, especially when he's partaken in The Avengers.

capamerica7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they stick around. The MCU has avoided actor replacements on the "big roles" pretty well. The only two roles that changed was Mark Ruffalo replacing Edward Norton as the Hulk (for the better, and not a big blow to the MCU), and the change of Rhodes actor (again not too bad, and perhaps for the better). I wouldn't really mind seeing Black Widow fade out of the movies, but I'd rather her not get an new actor. Just get a new female in there. Hemsworth, however, has taken the role of Thor well, and will be missed.

InkerZebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it'll suck to lose the two of them, I don't get why they're moaning about their pay. Seriously guys, these two probably get more money per film than some can expect to earn in their lives. To me, movie making is about enjoying yourself and even with the apparent 'pay shortage' they're probably earning a bomb anyway. If they end up leaving though, I'll be really bummed out, especially over Chris. You won't be able to find a better Thor anywhere.

TheMGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor would be a shame to lose but swapping him with giant man could work especially if the wasp comes in and takes the black widows place