• 98 results
#1 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so this title is troubling. The Terrance Howard Syndrome(he didn't return from Iron Man because of his wanting more money) has now reached the Avengers cast. Here is source.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/08/news-marvels-the-avengers-2-casting-woes

So what do you think? I think that those 2 are not truly necessary for the roles as other people could fill the roles just as easilly if not even a little better(especially for Thor, I even have someone I wouldn't mind replacing him in mind).

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I've heard some rumors about the cast being annoyed with Marvel's numbers for their respective salaries. Hemsworth was quoted as being reluctant to return to Thor for his low pay and also because of the intense workout needed to bulk up for Thor.

Personally, I would be saddened if these two were dropped. I like Hemsworth as Thor, he's got the regal voice and the physically imposing presence for the part. And Johannson while less than stellar in IM2, actually played a strong and convincing Widow for the Avengers. It would be a shame if we lost them, but let's just hope that Marvel can come to a compromise.

#3 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6419 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I'd be fine if they just wrote Black Widow out. If they're going for a 'token woman', I'd much rather it be someone with powers.

It seems a little soon for Thor to go, but seeing as there are loads more Avengers available, I think it could still be a good film without him, if they bring in another good member instead.

#4 Edited by Duncan (11446 posts) - - Show Bio

Sh#t happens

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm... Is it a problem because they want too much money for what they're doing, or because Marvel doesn't want to pay them a stable salary in their pay grade for x number of movies?

#6 Posted by mightyrearranger (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, just recast Don Cheadle as both of 'em...

In fact, all you need for the entire movie is Don Cheadle and I'm happy...

*okay, maybe not in place of Scarlett Johansson.

#7 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith They want more money than what they agreed to in the contract(from what I got anyway) because they are more popular now and get more money for new roles than what they agreed to in their old agreement.

#8 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I can easily do without Scarlet Johansson. I never cared for her as Black Widow. Hemsworth will be missed.

#9 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow was just in the movie for Eye Candy anyway she wasnt a really important character. But I feel Thor is a necessary member to make avengers 2 a success.

#10 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12014 posts) - - Show Bio

I would be crushed if either left. Especially Scarlet, I LOVE her. :P

#11 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

it just won't be the same.

#12 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both of them! Hemsworth is perfect for Thor and Johansson did a great job as Black Widow in Avengers. I'd love Ms. Marvel to come in. They need more female heroes, especially ones with powers. Luke Cage would be awesome too.

#13 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

>(O__O)>

#14 Posted by Lvenger (20704 posts) - - Show Bio

Johansson I can do without but Hemsworth, hell no. Pay up Marvel and Disney, we've had enough change over actors for one cinematic universe.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it'd definitely be weird to get rid of Black Widow at this point but I'm sure they could easily replace her with Falcon or Ant-Man in the future films but there would definitely be an outrage. Hemsworth is the one they can't really afford to lose.

#16 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it'd definitely be weird to get rid of Black Widow at this point but I'm sure they could easily replace her with Falcon or Ant-Man in the future films but there would definitely be an outrage. Hemsworth is the one they can't really afford to lose.

Exactly! it won't be the same, i just won't!

#17 Posted by Night Thrasher (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

Some actors just don't get it: You may be bigger than some movies, but you definitely aren't bigger than this FRANCHISE! If anything you take LESS money for this movie so you can charge MUCH MORE for other movies.

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Yeah, but it's pretty evident that both sides are being a tad bit greedy. I mean, Disney has more than enough money to afford raising their salaries up to at least a million per film. On the other hand, the actors get an INSANE movie deal where they sign on for multiple guaranteed films that are easily the most popular in the market currently.

#19 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@deranged_midget said:

Yeah, but it's pretty evident that both sides are being a tad bit greedy. I mean, Disney has more than enough money to afford raising their salaries up to at least a million per film. On the other hand, the actors get an INSANE movie deal where they sign on for multiple guaranteed films that are easily the most popular in the market currently.

thats why i'm angry, If i had that much i wouldn't even think about asking for more .

#20 Edited by Lvenger (20704 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@theacidskull said:

@deranged_midget said:

thats why i'm angry, If i had that much i wouldn't even think about asking for more .

Avengers made more than was expected so the actors seemed to want to be paid more than they did for the last one. It's a shame money can get in the way of the pleasurable things in life.

#21 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull said:

@deranged_midget said:

@theacidskull said:

@deranged_midget said:

Avengers made more than was expected so the actors seemed to want to be paid more than they did for the last one. It's a shame money can get in the way of the pleasurable things in life.

it is truly sad.

#22 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Hemsworth should return.

#23 Edited by snarkybits (373 posts) - - Show Bio

The core group, minus RDJ(as he already got one), deserve a pay raise.

As little a fan I am of ScarJo, I liked her as Black Widow, but I LOVE Hemsworth as Thor.

#24 Posted by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

The core group, minus RDJ(as he already got one), deserve a pay raise.

As little a fan I am of ScarJo, I liked her as Black Widow, but I LOVE Hemsworth as Thor.

RDJ deserves another one.

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

It's the truth boys. You are a part of one of the biggest franchises in history of film and you decide to complain for a little bit more money? As if you don't already have enough :P

#26 Posted by Lvenger (20704 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

It's the truth boys. You are a part of one of the biggest franchises in history of film and you decide to complain for a little bit more money? As if you don't already have enough :P

To be fair though, it's unfair RDJ got so much more than the other actors in Avengers. He is the main lead and he wowed everyone but the difference in pay shouldn't have been as big as it was.

#27 Posted by comicace3 (6008 posts) - - Show Bio

No way this is happening, I'm pretty sure they'll come to a compromise

#28 Edited by Telcalipoca (959 posts) - - Show Bio

pay the thunder god his money the wench need not stay though

#29 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't care less about Black Widow so if she left i wouldn't mind it. But Thor is needed, i think Hemsworth does a great job with the character but i understand his reasoning though. Maintaining that physique is one hell of a job.

#30 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

dat a** goes, i go.

#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't care less about Black Widow

-_____-

#32 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: points and laughs

<.<

>.>

runs away

#33 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: I told you that before, i like her comic book version. I just really don't like Scarlett's performance. It just does nothing for me, bland and... Blah.

#34 Posted by The Stegman (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love how actors who already get paid thousands for their roles complain about it not being enough.

#35 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33897 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

To be fair though, it's unfair RDJ got so much more than the other actors in Avengers. He is the main lead and he wowed everyone but the difference in pay shouldn't have been as big as it was.

It was written in RDJ's contract years ago that if there was ever an Avengers movie he would get a certain percentage of the cash it generated so the only reason he got as much money as he did was because Avengers was a huge smash.

#36 Posted by AmazingAngel (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK, it always takes me out of the movie when the heroes look very noticeably different then in the last film.

#37 Posted by mk111 (3141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd miss Hemsworth, but I don't care if they re-cast Black Widow.

#38 Posted by ARMIV2 (8676 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, I really hope they don't leave.

#39 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: being famous isn't cheap, man. you need money and....... stuff. expensive stuff. how are you going to feed them lamas with only a couple hundred thousands?

#40 Posted by Lvenger (20704 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

It was written in RDJ's contract years ago that if there was ever an Avengers movie he would get a certain percentage of the cash it generated so the only reason he got as much money as he did was because Avengers was a huge smash.

Ah I see. A prerequisite in the contract. Makes sense I guess.

#41 Posted by The Stegman (25021 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: Damn, you're right...I wasn't thinking about the llamas...give them more then in that case.

#42 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33897 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

Ah I see. A prerequisite in the contract. Makes sense I guess.

Yea RDJ (or his lawyer) was the only one with the foresight to see this thing may just get huge and make a hell of a lot of cash

#43 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: just give them what they want. for the love of god. they can eat the money.

#44 Edited by jumpstart55 (2279 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, it is not the avengers without Thor, Captain America and Iron-man.

So either all three of these or no deal imo.

I really enjoyed hensworth as Thor same goes for the Hulk, Iron man and Cap.

So if anyone of these guys wasn't able to return i would be severely disappointed and might actually consider not watching The Avengers two. But if it ends up being an good movie without these four, i cant hate.

#45 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: oh you'll watch it. even without them. you see the first one you're hooked. even if you hear it's bad you'll watch it. it's like crack.

#46 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm good if they replace the Thor actor, and don't care for widow, actually she's not an intregal part of the Avenger anyway, she's more like eyecandy if you will in movieverse. I think MU has bent over backward trying to give the character a push. The A2 could do without her altogether. Thor on the otherhand is essential and I wouldn't mind seeing a new actor in the role.

#47 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Johansson I wouldn't mind too much but Hemsworth is brilliant as Thor, it would be a shame to see him leave the role.

#48 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

Hemsworth, SLJ, and Downey would be the only big losses, everyone else is expendable. Widow was just there to round out the group, whedon's usually alot better at handling female characters but she was wasted on johansson.

#49 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4848 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'd hate to see Thor go because for me if they keep A thor in the movie without Heimsworth I will not Watch it, but if they simply replace Thor for another hero I will still watch it.

I think ScarJo did a good job but I honestly could care less for her character in the movie.

I only want Thor to stay.

If they can't come to a compromise then so be it. I'm not going to get worked up over actors and franchises fighting for millions when both sides can easily compromise. Disney can raise the pay rate, and Actors can live without the pay rate.

Again if they can't come to an agreement then **** it. I will still watch The Avengers 2 as long as they don't replace the actors but the heroes instead.

I personally will enjoy a nice line or two that mentions what is going on in reality.

Cap & Stark ask where is Thor, and Fury says that they lost contact with him and the last thing they heard from him is he was dealing with some Wrecking Crew trying to steal their treasure.

&

Then Hawkeye walks in and mentions Black Widow going AWOL with Yelena Belova (Olivia Wilde,Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Kristen Bell, Malin Akerman, Ivana Milicevic, and et cetera) aka Black Widow II is there as a replacement for now

this is just one explanation + replacement of hero/character instead of actor.

Or Stark can call Rhodes I been wanting to see War Machine again because Iron Patriot SUCKS (not really but War Machine is 68X better.)

Plus they can replace Thor and/or Black Widow for

Antman, Giant-Man, Luke Cage, Falcon, War Machine, Wasp, Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel (Carol), Vision, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and et cetera.

I will miss Thor but I'd rather see another hero than another actor as Thor. There's a difference in being in 1 move then on the 2nd another one not appearing (Terrance Howard/ all the Hulk actors thus far), and actually being in 3 movies in a row then suddenly replaced on the 4th.

Now I repeat ScarJo/Black Widow can easily be replaced in my opinion we have a lot of agents in S.H.I.E.L.D.

but Thor...

He's part of the Main 3 in the Avengers

Possible Black Widow II aka Yelena Belova's and/or other heroines

Ivana Milicevic
Malin Akerman
Elsa Pataky
Kristen Bell
Kate Beckinsale
Jessica Biel
Olivia Wilde

( + )

#50 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

It bums me out that Hemsworth is hesitant to return, because I really like him as Thor. Can't say the same for Johansson... It may be in part a fault of the script, but I found her performance as Widow bland and forgettable.