#1 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be one of those regional questions that probably be ask again later on. This thread is going to calculate Ash’s skill and experience at being a trainer and his Pokémon. Many of you whine for his for his fighting style and releasing his Pokémon. Are his skills good enough to be a champion yet? He is ranked fourth place in the last tournament.

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

He's been to how many towns now? Been traveling for how many years? If he hasn't won a tournament yet then he should just give up.

#3 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: it is still one year. yeah it hard to believe but Indigo Conference, which is the Kanto tournament, only happen once so far this means it is still one year. the other tournaments he attended were the SIlver Conference, Ever Grande Conference and Lilly Valley Conference. In order to be in each tournament he must earned eight badges from that region.

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: There's no way that the past like 15 years of Pokemon being on the air only accumulated to one year in pokemon time

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't believe anyone deserves to win a tournament. Only the best win. Plus he's won a few tournaments already. I enjoyed the Orange Island one.

#6 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Nope, He's still 10

#7 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: It hasn't even been a year yet at the opening to B& W it states Ash is 10.

@Supreme Marvel: I also enoyed the Orange Islands

#8 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Nope, He's still 10

That can't be right. When they finished the first set of badges and retuned to Viridian City he said, "I can't believe a year has passed." So he should be about 14/5.

#9 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: I agree however, in the first Black and White, it states he's still only 10

#10 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

My main point of that series was Golduck. His episode was AWESOMELY EPIC! Nothing has come close to that in my eyes. I did like the Bulbasaur episode in the Mysterious Garden. His first used Solarbeam. Awesome!

#11 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: I agree however, in the first Black and White, it states he's still only 10

Them lying motherfckers! I guess since it's a different universe they have different laws and such. So maybe they ages slowly through their younger years?

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: It's more like the Cartoon is targeted to the younger audience , Maybe ten years old is the most identifiable ?

#13 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: I'd like to see a ten year old tell me how EV training works. Or what the best type to beat Spiritomb and Sableye.

#14 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: Pick whatever is super effective :O

#15 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: that could be a 4kids error it wouldn't be their first. You be surprise what stuff was changed even for this plot crater of a series and that includeds pokemon adventures manga.

#16 Posted by Sky_Carmichael (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Ziccarra_Liafador said:

My main point of that series was Golduck. His episode was AWESOMELY EPIC! Nothing has come close to that in my eyes. I did like the Bulbasaur episode in the Mysterious Garden. His first used Solarbeam. Awesome!

Tear Golduck was the pokemon!!

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: WRONG! The answer is NONE!

b!tchslaps

#18 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: feels a tickle

#19 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: Imma blame them then. I enjoyed the manga. Although I only read the first one but it made me wanna read the next.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: They're trying to have us believe that a kid has gone all over the planet, mostly walking, taking multiple days long stops and had the time to train his guys, has all happened in one year. Do they live on Jupiter?

#21 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Less then 2 months ! O_O

Idk it's their canon to ignore

#22 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4732 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to see Ash catch 'em all. I think his downfall is Misty and Pikachu.

@joshmightbe: If Ash lived on Jupiter, it might have taken him fifty-six years to span an entire continent. If Pokemon tournaments existed on earth, Pikachu's sneezes would have pikachooed the opponents to death. Please understand the gravity of the situation.

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: I've never been a big fan of pokemon but this seals it, this crap is dumb

#24 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Ash would have won the last tournament if not for the Darkrai + Latios dude.

#25 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Look up EV training and see if that is. I can tell you I've explained it to many people. And they barely understand it.

#26 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide2: That was cheep, give a person 2 legend pokemon, instead of writing a series of battles

@joshmightbe: Cartoon is.

#27 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fuchsia_Nightingale
To be fair,Latios isnt that powerfull and he gotta be very skilled in order to catch these two :P
#28 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide2:He must had Premium Pokeblock :O

#29 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matezoide2:He must had Premium Pokeblock :O

Nah, Masterball all the way.

#30 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: Dat 2

#31 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: Currently Pikachu ubber electricity has drained of by a legendary pokemon so he in the average level... well at level that brake ground immunity to electric.

@Matezoide2: I thought it was cheep too. It did made sense that he won the tournament with pokemon like that. After some thinking this can show ash's development. he was able to fought off two legenadaries. Although they sweeped him he pulled out a good fight. looking at wiki entries in his episode of the battle pyramid his team fought the regice, registeel and regirock. at the battle factory he fought battle factory he fought an articuno with his charazard that charazard training came in handy. He is now able to fight off legendaires. Which ask the question how did he lost to a newb in Unova region. He can no longer be considered a rookie he even had good patented move called Counter Shield.

@Supreme Marvel: Technically Orange Islands tournament was not much of a tournament. It was tough match but not a tournament. This would mean the Orange League is not a popular trainer region or it still under construction.

#32 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what bother most of us of Ash is not that Ash isn’t winning the tournament but never gained any recognition other than his charazard refusing to battle during a tournament. Everyone considers him an amateur even after all this time. I am not saying he should be highly praised but at least show that he is a capable trainer with very odd tactics. Is there athlete that like this I would like to know?

#33 Posted by Destinyhero20 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Ash does deserve to win, but the writers will never let it happen.

I kind of feel sorry for Ash, his friends move on to bigger and better things (even his enemies) while he is stuck fighting rookies

#34 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

As I put in mind it’s the journey not the destination. This is want gets us ticked that lesser experience trainers but then I think it does make sense. You know which people are known to lose to people less experience? They are gym leaders the feeling being beaten by people who win by luck or in matters you don’t condone does happen is something they know too well if they been at it for a while.

This would be interesting lesson to see them do. Too bad they don't got the guts to talk do it or most so called writers of that vulnerability. It sucks but that is a life lesson. The series has problems but make sure you know how to fix it properly if ever given the power.