maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By maxicere
No Caption Provided

As is tradition, the winner of the previous Round Robin gets the honor of choosing another user on the Vine to bring a fresh new idea to the table. This time the choosen one Chaos Burn. He gave me this nice idea:

"Well I live in the UK, and all we keep hearing about is the London 2012 Olympics, so it'd be ace to see the artists come up with Olympic heroes - either new heroes based on the games or current heroes representing their countries in the different competitions (planning a Wolverine-Canadian-bobsleigh thing)"

END TIME IS 15th APRIL

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Chaos Burn

@maxicere: dude that logo is insane, it makes me want an actual superhero olympics.... good luck with the competition everyone!

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By maxicere

@Chaos Burn: Thanks! The opening of the contest just needed a touch of color.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

So the characters in the picture must be participating in an Olympic game? Cause I had an idea that involves the Olympics, but not an actual game, per se.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Decept-O

@maxicere: Great idea. Leaves it open to a number of possibilities.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Burn

@Gambit1024: Just draw a character relating to the olympics, maybe Captain America in the discus event? or create a superhero based on the olympic games :) its pretty broad I know, but everyone should have something to draw

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@Chaos Burn: I'll PM you my idea, lol

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decept-O

Perhaps a Mod can post this contest topside soon.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

My official entry:

No Caption Provided

Superman is the universal superhero. Representing the world, he's the one who holds the torch up high.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Decept-O

@Gambit1024: That is classic. Nice work. @LeeThomasART: Funny stuff indeed. While I don't follow hockey, I could totally see Wolvie doing this if he were in the Olympics.

LeeThomasART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By LeeThomasART

@Decept-O: @Decept-O: Thanks, you don't need to follow hockey to appreciate it (10=X, red/white/maple leaf=Canada, green/purple=Marvel's go to badguy colours)

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By tonis

wow, already some awesome stuff coming in.

Another great idea for the round robin, this reminds me of the Hanna Barbara Laugh A'Lypics I used to watch on Saturdays :)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

@maxicere: Awesome logo!

@Gambit1024: Dude that is straight up classic!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gambit1024

@LeeThomasART: Dude, I love this lol.

@Decept-O: @Deranged Midget: Thanks guys :)

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rasarima

@LeeThomasART said:

No Caption Provided

Really? You storm my post in the other topic and you do this? wtf man?

LeeThomasART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LeeThomasART

@Rasarima said:

No Caption Provided

@LeeThomasART said:

Really? You storm my post in the other topic and you do this? wtf man?

Mine was a PHOTOMANIPULATION, using real life images captured completely candidly. Most of my manipulations are actually dozens-hundreds of PIECES of parts from many, many PHOTOS...OR I use photos as visual reference and paint them in photoshop. I have education and experience and a close connections to many people in the industry from photographers to animators to call on. I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. You on the other hand clearly do not. You can't even grasp creative etiquette or plagiarism. You STOLE others art work without changing ANYTHING at all. You copied and pasted and claimed it to be your own. You clearly have NO idea what you are talking about and I am clearly not the person to explain this to you. MY response to you will be "#@$& off, troll", but I'm sure someone else has the patience to explain what I am saying here. Now, know that I will not respond to anymore of your ridiculous comments about this. Instead of getting all huffy and puffy about it, learn from it; Because right now you look like a fool.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tonis

@LeeThomasART: come on dude, first you gotta relax, you get worked up over some seriously trivial stuff sometimes.

Second, don't try and act like there's something different or more right about what you do while giving him crap about what he does cause in all honesty in my eyes its all the same and we both know that. You can know every pro in the book and it's not gonna make you any more an artist than you choose to be and it's not gonna qualify you to tell someone else how to create.

There's nothing wrong with people doing photomanips and that's how I started as well way back when. All this bullsh!t about how much effort, or how many pieces one uses doesn't make one manip more valid than another, they are what they are, pieces of images made into a new image.

The truth is, your being a total hypocrite giving him any crap on his work, and your forgetting you had to start somewhere just like everyone else and practice till you got better. Don't get all high and mighty now that you've improved and forget that others starting out deserve some respect for their effort to want to improve as well.

I like you, and your work, you add a lot to the artist forums, but man I gotta say stop being an ass about this stuff. Focus on your work and stop acting like everyone else should think or create things like you at your skill level and if they don't they're wrong. Just cause you think you do it better than them doesn't make your work any less of a manipulation. As I said before, don't be the pot calling the kettle black.

To each their own when it comes to imagination and how they go about getting it out.

LeeThomasART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LeeThomasART

@tonis: You're wrong too and by enabling this kind of behavior, you're in a way part of the problem. I'm done with this. Don't bother replying.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tonis

@LeeThomasART: there isn't a problem to be enabled here, there's just you getting upset because someone tried something out with photoshop and contributed to our fan art contests.

I get what you really have issues with man, but it's not stealing art when someone futzes around in photoshop to do something absolutely for free to post and share around here. We're not in the publishing world on comic vine, no one is losing income over it.

This isn't art class, or some business where one artist is benefiting from the work of someone else. It's all in good fun and the only time it's not is when you guys decide to get bitchy about artist integrity where it really serves no purpose.

You railed on someone who's just trying out the artists forums for the first time and completely acted like an ass about how they went about making their image. It's not like this guy is trying to make a career out of the picture he posted, he was just trying to contribute.

Ironically you do manipulations as well, and don't think just cause you use a photo instead of art, or that you paint on top of it that your better than someone else who hasn't learned to do that yet. Give them a chance to learn and practice instead of attacking them. I'm sure you wouldn't have progressed if every time you tried something people acted to you like you've acted to him.

You don't need to read my response, but I'm sure as hell gonna write it. Stop acting like using photoshop and pieces of art to make new art is a crime around here cause I don't see anyone making any money or someone losing anything just because of a photomanipulation submitted to any of these contests.

Lighten up and enjoy the efforts man ;)

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rasarima
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By spawndon

@Rasarima said:

@LeeThomasART:

You have experience? what you do are not plagiarism? did not change the image?? i could respond to your delusional words....but i will do this instead

No Caption Provided

Original image....

http://0.tqn.com/d/swimming/1/0/d/9/1992_tom_jager_1215442.jpg

and I look like a fool?? KMBA

yes yes this is what I'm talking about.

put in effort like this, and more effort to create better than this.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By maxicere

I really think it's time to make it clear the rules and perhaps mark them more. If I use an own drawing, from a time backwards in a contest, this picture is not valid for a contest. I can't use an own existing drawing, even if I made changes in the background. The drawing must be new and done specifically for the contest. It's the first rule. And I wonder, Why should be valid to use existing drawings from other artists? Don't makes sense.

Also I believe is time to start a discuss about the aceptation of photo manipulation in contest. Breaks or not the rules? It's a 100% original art? People can use photos but not past original art, don't makes too sense.

If you want to know what I think, I believe the photo manipulation don't be legal here.

Maybe it's not here the place to discuss this, this is a contest.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

I think we need to make a special thread for the rules of future contests, where we, the regular contest participants could settle on how this stuff should be handled. That's just me though, and I'd love to discuss it further. Not here, though.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chaos Burn

Lol, my Olympics idea has ended up just like the real Olympics - everyone moaning about cheats!

Everyone who has contributed an image, they're all great and just what I had in mind :)

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By spawndon

Also I believe is time to start a discuss about the aceptation of photo manipulation in contest.

This is big.

Yep, definitely a new thread will be needed to discuss this and other matters.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By batkevin74

@maxicere: Love the logo Olympics :)

@LeeThomasART: That's clever!

@Gambit1024: This wins my vote...if I get a vote

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rasarima

@maxicere said:

I really think it's time to make it clear the rules and perhaps mark them more. If I use an own drawing, from a time backwards in a contest, this picture is not valid for a contest. I can't use an own existing drawing, even if I made changes in the background. The drawing must be new and done specifically for the contest. It's the first rule. And I wonder, Why should be valid to use existing drawings from other artists? Don't makes sense.

Also I believe is time to start a discuss about the aceptation of photo manipulation in contest. Breaks or not the rules? It's a 100% original art? People can use photos but not past original art, don't makes too sense.

If you want to know what I think, I believe the photo manipulation don't be legal here.

Maybe it's not here the place to discuss this, this is a contest.

Agreed.

LeeThomasART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LeeThomasART

Oh look, I can't fucking stand this site again. Thanks to those of you that I got along with(you should know who you are). Aside from that... What a waste of my time. Does anyone know of a comic site that doesn't enable/cater to children?

"maybe this isn't the best place to discuss this"

Well, I'm leaving indefinitely, so get over it, or have a mod block me, or cry about it. I don't give a shit.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chaos Burn

@LeeThomasART: shame =[ hope you find what you're looking for

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rasarima

@LeeThomasART: Man..you mood is terrible. You should get help.

"cry about it"? what are you? a superstar or something?...

And be happy :)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gambit1024

@Rasarima said:

@LeeThomasART: Man..you mood is terrible. You should get help.

"cry about it"? what are you? a superstar or something?...

And be happy :)

Don't provoke him. Sorry to intervene, but I'd like this feud to stop so we can get on with this contest.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tonis

gotta agree with Gambit, we've derailed this enough at this point and this is a great contest idea, lets get back to the fun images.

Gambit was smart and moved the debate to the guidelines thread where it'll be better to discuss this.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By maxicere

@LeeThomasART: Eyyy.. What's happen with you? Don't get angry so fast. Remember when you decided for yourself and impulsed to made changes in the 2099 contest. Some people love your idea, some people don't. This is the same who happens here.

A forum is ruled for rules, just for convivence, for balance. You can agree with the rules or not, but you can't take the torch of truth at your side and believe your have the only right point of view.

Discuss your ideas, be able to hear another points of view. Not all are children here. If you're angry and want to go out the forum is your problem. All people has different points of view and some problems in the past, nobody is safe of this, this it's part of life of a forum.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rasarima

@Gambit1024: Sorry. But in the 2099 contest, when he putted his view, i conceded and changed my entry. But in this he is just to stubborn >D

but sorry again...i will ask for the limits of the tópic in every one, like in the battles foruns.

tks

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tonis

@Rasarima said:

@Gambit1024: Sorry. But in the 2099 contest, when he putted his view, i conceded and changed my entry. But in this he is just to stubborn >D

but sorry again...i will ask for the limits of the tópic in every one, like in the battles foruns.

tks

hehe, sometimes I think this IS the battle forum :D

great work on the swim meet, you had to do some serious masking on the dividers to slip the logo in the water like that, very creative how you got it to blend so natural.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LeeThomasART said:

Oh look, I can't fucking stand this site again. Thanks to those of you that I got along with(you should know who you are). Aside from that... What a waste of my time. Does anyone know of a comic site that doesn't enable/cater to children?

"maybe this isn't the best place to discuss this"

Well, I'm leaving indefinitely, so get over it, or have a mod block me, or cry about it. I don't give a shit.

wow....shouldn't really get involved..but I'm gonna. The only thing that points to childish behavior, is you not being able to take 1/10th of the criticism you give out without having a temper tantrum like a kid in a toy store when somebody doesn't just bow out to your self-righteous holier than thou attitude or ignore you and consider your not worth the effort. Tonis, not to praise anybody, is a very good artist, and his perspective, if not agreeable, still has a lot of sensibility and logic to it, all you'd have to do is retort with a logically adult response instead of profanity and insults, thats what a troll does man. you being mad about it doesn't make reality twist to benefit you, deal with it, count to ten, and defend yourself calmly. if you can't do that please, do leave, instead of claiming you'll do something as simple as not type the URL, your like an attention seeking teen that claims suicide, no one can stop you if you really wanna do it, so go ahead and make a decision and leave everyone be. and for gods sake, don't look down on people because you think they mirror yourself and you don't like your own self image, its just as plain to see as a sunrise through a clean window

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Everyone needs to calm down.

Any decisions about art styles must be made by a COLLABORATING group of artists, as many as can be contacted at the time.

If you can't work together to create guidelines, the artist-forum moderators will make the decisions.

Name-calling, insults, or arbitrary divisions have no place here.

If there are personal issues, it is important to contact a mod or work it out respectfully via PM.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By IcePrince_X

This is just sad.

Hope he will be back after he clears his head.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tonis

@Icarusflies said:

Everyone needs to calm down.

Any decisions about art styles must be made by a COLLABORATING group of artists, as many as can be contacted at the time.

If you can't work together to create guidelines, the artist-forum moderators will make the decisions.

Name-calling, insults, or arbitrary divisions have no place here.

If there are personal issues, it is important to contact a mod or work it out respectfully via PM.

I think the subject has calmed down and we've moved the discussion to the guidelines thread to avoid derailing this fine contest :)

Strangely enough a mod has yet to chime in there on any of this but the general consensus among most who've spoken is that photo manipulations are a part of artistic life these days and there's no reason to reject them, these contests are just for fun and there's no reason everyone can't contribute in their own way without their efforts being belittled because of their methods.

Ironically this does work in LT's favor but for some reason he chose to make an issue of someone else doing one when he occasionally does them himself, of course someone was going to point out the hypocrisy of that.

I'm sure he feels like he was ganged up on over this and it was without warrant but people responded with their feeling on the matter because he made it an issue in the first place. The bottom line is, there is no REAL problem here and no reason for people to start rejecting things just because some might feel the technique they use is not their cup of tea.

I hope LT decides to get past this, he adds a lot to the artists corner, and I've told him this, but it's his decision to make. If he feels we are being too accepting of entries or enabling someone to do what he considers wrong, even though it's ok when he does it, well that's a lot of unnecessary drama for a free fan art contest with no actual prize.

and now, back to your regularly scheduled program :)

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icarusflies: gotcha moving on@tonis: yeah but what are ya gonna do, artists :P

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Blizaga101
No Caption Provided

sorry people arent getting along on this post, so here is blizaga101 hoping to brighten peoples day... wit a little bit o' she hulk doing the SHOT PUT :D

it goes without saying she would own at this...

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tonis

@Blizaga101: lol, no doubt Shulkie would own that :)

nice technique and coloring with this one

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Blizaga101

@tonis: thanks, yeah i think it was watercolour i used and a bit of digtial rendering, wish i hadnt though kind of liked the original

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tonis

with AvsX being the big current event I figured why not settle this battle on the beach :)

AvsX Olympics
AvsX Olympics
Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blizaga101

Wow now that's great, friendly contests between super humans :D

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@tonis:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That She-Hulk is a beast!!!

I wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley. I don't think Velcro could provide very much protection against THAT!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tonis

@Blizaga101: hehe, thanks, someone better tell Shulkie it's supposed to be friendly, she gets a lil over competitive :D

@Roxanne Starr: the toughest thing is trying to find volleyballs that don't explode when she spikes them :)

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@tonis said:

@Roxanne Starr: the toughest thing is trying to find volleyballs that don't explode when she spikes them :)

If only the actual comic book could pack such a "bottom-line" punch! :(

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

I have already talked to three mods about Photoshop.

As long as you warp or change the photo or artwork of another, it is allowed. Period.

What you guys have to realize is that this is for fun. I understand that a lot of people invest a sh*tload of time into their works, but you also have to take into account that just because one works harder, it doesn't give them the right to completely dismiss a beginners work or insult it or give them a hard time about it. It's simple. Either we as a community COMPLETELY get rid of photoshop edits, or we allow everyone to use this tool in any measures. There shouldn't be a grey area here.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By LordRequiem

I'd like to weigh in here, but as one who doth taketh the moral high ground.

I view submissions and should I like one, I may feel the need to congratulate a fellow Viner. My distaste, if ever I should have such, is respectfully kept to mine self.

Salutations.