• 164 results
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Alright SatanSunday has been AWOL after his victory in the Green Lantern showdown so in the spirit of moving things along, Showdown #68's subject will be....

Wonder Woman

No Caption Provided

Wonder Woman.
Wonder Woman.

Any era, any medium, deadline will be January 5, a little extra time due to the holidays. Good luck & have fun.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2  Edited By Decept-O
@Shatterstar:
Ahh...yes.  Excellent choice.  'Nuff said!
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X

My first superheroeine that I fell in love with... YES!

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Raven0207

Man, I have the worst luck on this one. My wife will kill me if I put a "manly" WW on here. She is here favorite and onl comic character. Atleast I have plenty of reference material.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tonis
@Raven0207 said:
" Man, I have the worst luck on this one. My wife will kill me if I put a "manly" WW on here. She is here favorite and onl comic character. Atleast I have plenty of reference material. "
perhaps if you try thinking your drawing a womanly wonder man while you do it you'll stay safe :) 
Definitely don't want to piss off your better half.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

This could be fun :) 

I'll have my tablet by the 5th! :D

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tonis
@Gambit1024 said:
" This could be fun :)  I'll have my tablet by the 5th! :D "
hey, you got a tablet, very very cool. congrats!!! :)
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024
@tonis: Not yet sir, Santa hasn't come to town yet ;)
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IcePrince_X

My version of Wonder Woman is based on the mini-series Else World 

The Comic Book was named Wonder Woman Amazonia... its not really the typical way of drawing Wonder Woman but something about the story line and art style I came to appreciate and love. This is my rendition of that character.

No Caption Provided

I may still try to digitally paint her. but for the time being this will do.
J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By J1ml33
@M.S. Feather: hey can I join ...?
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Decept-O
@IcePrince_X:
That is incredible.  Wow!~  I love that costume version as well. You've already  raised the bar on this one and I also agree with M.S. Feather's statement.  Sweet stuff!
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Om1kron

I think I'm the only person minus the jacket and gauntlets that digs the new costume. Honestly you can only walk around in underpants for so long.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IcePrince_X

@M.S. Feather, Decept_O 
Thanks for appreciating her. Will really try to paint her before the deadline. Hope to see your versions of Diana. 

@J1ml33 
As what MS Feather said " the more the merrier" 

@Om1kron 
I think the new costume is great, but like what Gman said about Spiderman's new costume... its a matter of time before it will go back to its original and iconic costume. Yah, the jacket is an overkill. but I pretty much dig her new gauntlets.

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Om1kron

it ain't the 90's anymore you cant just have jim lee conjure up some new design for something iconic and have it stick for the next 15 years like he did with xmen.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Magian
@IcePrince_X: Awesome.
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By spawndon
@IcePrince_X: ooooooooo..... hottie!
J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By J1ml33

I now present you all my version of the  wonder woman we all know and love  in all of her wonderful glory I hope you all enjoy .
and mind that this  is the classic ( john bryne / George Perez ) wonder woman . as my personal favorite version of the character.

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X: awesome Ice, I love those elseworlds too. Very nice version, she looks both princess like and definitely a warrior. 

@Om1kron said:
" I think I'm the only person minus the jacket and gauntlets that digs the new costume. Honestly you can only walk around in underpants for so long. "
actually, it took me a little bit, but it really started growing on me too. Was contemplating using it on my piece, although I'm still a sucker for some sexy legs :)
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tonis
@J1ml33: sweet, very cool perspective going on. If they made a decent WW cartoon of her that's how I'd love her to look. 
Those Bryne/Perez days where so magical, it's funny how that has become the 'classic' now for her. Sigh, I guess I'm actually old , cause I got em all back when I was young :)
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IcePrince_X

Welcome to the fold J1ml33! 

Love your interpretation of her.

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By J1ml33
@IcePrince_X:  thanks I was going for her classic mid 80s / 90s look that we all know and love , she is one of my favorite characters as a kid . to  me this is how I always saw her  if she ever had a cartoon during the 90s or the 80s (namely the 90s because that is when I was growing up and all ,And I watched a hell of a lot of comic book based cartoons and old re-runs of the 70s super friends cartoon and the old live action TV show of the lady in question , well you can say later on in high school and middle school my interest in her was
rekindled after reading a massive DC archive hardcover of all of adventures from her first appearance to the early 80s , I seeked out a few  really  good trades (namely the George Perez Run and the John Bryne run my two favorites next to Greg rucka`s and gale Simone`s
 ) but other than that what do you think of my art style and rendition of the character (wonder woman ) was it exciting and fresh to you..?
also thank you very very much your Victorian wonder woman is something too ...very sexy and proper very nice!
J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By J1ml33
@M.S. Feather:  thanks it was all every  bit if it was worth it !
The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The Psyentist
@J1ml33 said:
" I now present you all my version of the  wonder woman we all know and love  in all of her wonderful glory I hope you all enjoy .
and mind that this  is the classic ( john bryne / George Perez ) wonder woman . as my personal favorite version of the character.

No Caption Provided
"
Oh, wow. That is "smashing"... tehehe! ;)
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Decept-O

@ " J1ml33"  Yes, nice entry, a lot of action.   Good perspective.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IcePrince_X

My Official Entry: 
Wonder Woman: Amazonia  

No Caption Provided
Just edited this one. 
Take note the first one have a green skin tone, made it close to flesh. so for those who will be seeing this first hand don't be alarmed that some comment below states her skin tone is green.
J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By J1ml33
@Decept-O:  thank you very much !
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spawndon
@IcePrince_X: green skin looks good!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X: lotta things I like about this one, the tiara and bracers look gorgeous, also really dig the soft cotteny look of the boot tops. The hair style you gave her is kind of a cool modern update too. 
But the green I'm not so sure about, makes her look sick. she's gotta be a nice peachy cream tone that says 'woman'. Right now it looks like she's saying 'bad oysters'
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By IcePrince_X

LOL 
Guys, I will be revising this entry... 

I did not even know its green I thought I was using apricot yellow... I am color blind... I can not really distinguish colors when they are in placed in a graded manner  except when it will be black and white and shades of gray.  

This is the second time it happened to me... if some of you recall my Powergirl/Wonder Woman entry... he he he

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By payno

I thought I'd try to do this one in a more realistic style, rather than my usual cartoon/animation style. It'd be nice to hear what everyone thinks...

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By IcePrince_X

VaVavaBOOM! Payno! 

you hit it her right on this pose and colors are just right!

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By MrDirector786

I think I might submit a Wonder Woman drawing of my own.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IcePrince_X

That would be great MrDirector... :-) 

I am glad many new artists are sharing their talent for wonder woman. 

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By J1ml33
@payno:  man your good love the old school 1950s pin up wonder woman it reminds me a little bit of Betty page and Lynda carter if they were the same person in the same contiuity (it`s a wonder we do not all do a wonder woman One shot fan fiction web comic !) but other than that it looks marvelous ,simply marvelous  ) it`s a wonder woman marathon!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tonis
@payno: another nice twist, double wammy with the endless. You're really going all over the place these days.
really great skin/cloth shading (++xp on the little glimmer in the metals), only place I'd bring more dynamics to it would be the hair. She got a doo worth showing off if you got it ;)
J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By J1ml33
@IcePrince_X:  it`s wonder woman forever as written by Grant Morrison ,Chris clarmont and John Bryne with mark millar and we`re all doing the art ( well it`s my flight of fancy I hope you understand what I am saying in a if we were the guys to do the art for such a book like that if it was ever so) hey by the way does my wonder woman looks a little bit like a 90s Saturday morning cartoon to you ?
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X said:

" LOL Guys, I will be revising this entry...  I did not even know its green I thought I was using apricot yellow... I am color blind... I can not really distinguish colors when they are in placed in a graded manner  except when it will be black and white and shades of gray.   This is the second time it happened to me... if some of you recall my Powergirl/Wonder Woman entry... he he he "

I know what you mean, I've used a couple of different screens for work and found that stuff was ALL over the place. Back in the day I used to care but I've gotten lazy and gone with the masses. I've had to tilt screens to get them to look proper for shading, color shifts tend to be monitors getting old and it seems there's a lot more mechanical things to blame than my vision cause when I got a nice screen in front of me, I see what I should. 

It's so much more complicated than when I used to pick a blue crayon and it was what it was.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By IcePrince_X

@J1ml33 
it did actually. I have a book from Walter Foster on How to Draw Wonder Woman and its like that. 

@tonis 
thanks for the support. :-) as of now, I am fine tuning her and asked the help from the color expert...my girlfriend!!!

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By J1ml33
@IcePrince_X:  hey the more you know (thanks for your in put on my art style just trying to fill in a few blank spots for future reference )and by the way never knew you had that book interesting info . and by the by your wonder woman is coming out nicely I really think that green brings out her eyes :D ! 
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By IcePrince_X

@J1ml33 
unfortunately, i made her have a regular skin tone. gosh! I had a good laugh knowing my epic fail with skin tones but that is the challenge with me always but I am always happy that I can still do something about it.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X said:
" @J1ml33 it did actually. I have a book from Walter Foster on How to Draw Wonder Woman and its like that.  @tonis thanks for the support. :-) as of now, I am fine tuning her and asked the help from the color expert...my girlfriend!!! "
lol, now you know, ask her first and then you don't need to tweak anything later. Wise man said :)
Satansunday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Satansunday

Hey sorry I've been AWOL Things been busy here in Gotham City around the Holidays Thought I'd throw this lil diddy together for ya all-Hope it was worth the wait.BTW I HATE the new WW Outfit! It;s Like Superman without a cape or Batman without a Utility Belt! Let's keep the classics Classic! 

Satansunday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Satansunday

Also Have My Own take on the Outfit. Not too much as far as changes go just an Update on the classic look.Wanted to embrace the Greek/Amazon origins of trhe character 

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By IcePrince_X

Nice work SatanSunday.. each one is stunning but which of them will you officially use as your entry?

Satansunday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Satansunday

which ever you feel is best I guess, not really in it for the prestige just enjoy sharing ideas with fellow Comic fans. People seem to like my take on the classic look so whatever fits here is fine with me!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By sora_thekey

Awesome entries so far... 
I have get working on mine!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tonis
@Satansunday said:
" which ever you feel is best I guess, not really in it for the prestige just enjoy sharing ideas with fellow Comic fans. People seem to like my take on the classic look so whatever fits here is fine with me! "
although I love the post of the first and the boobs of the second, the third is the great action shot that shows her off best. I liked the ideas on the updated one as well, never hurts having knee pads in my book.
safety first :)