Zatanna the Magician

DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By DaveAsahina

This is a tribute to Zatanna Zatara, the Magician of the DC Comics unierse. I like this Illustration, but unfortunately the scanner don't gives her justice! It was so funny to reinterpretate the clothes, i wasn't thinking that thing would be so funny. I hope the hair are good. For the drawing I've used principally 3 pencils, a 5H for the initial rough and for the shading of the hair, a 3h pencil for the definition and for the shading of the clothes, while an Hb2 pencil for the ultimate lines and for various dark shades.

Zatanna Zatara © DC Comics. All rights reserved

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Pretty nice. You might want to re-work that thumb, though. It looks like it's been cut off in some sort of terrible kitchen accident. =)

DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DaveAsahina

@WillPayton said:

Pretty nice. You might want to re-work that thumb, though. It looks like it's been cut off in some sort of terrible kitchen accident. =)

I don't know what do you mean but... thanks for the compliment!^^

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@DaveAsahina said:

@WillPayton said:

I don't know what do you mean but... thanks for the compliment!^^

Well, it's hard to describe... the shape of the thumb is a little unnatural, and it ends in an angle that looks like part of it was cut off. You might want to show more of the bends in the thumb where the joints are, and taper off the end.

I do know hands are really hard to draw, I have a lot of problem with them myself. I found this drawing online that might help... specifically the left side, not the skeleton.

No Caption Provided
DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaveAsahina

@WillPayton: Thanks, but these are old drawings! ^^ I can upload only 2 drawing per day.. because comicvine let me up only 2 blog per day.. >_<

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By willpayton

@DaveAsahina said:

@WillPayton: Thanks, but these are old drawings! ^^ I can upload only 2 drawing per day.. because comicvine let me up only 2 blog per day.. >_<

Ok, cool, I just wanted to be helpful if I could. I do like the drawing.

DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaveAsahina

Thanks! Indeed you're helpful!!^^