Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Blackmoonrose13

Lines by LonelySara

Finished lines

No Caption Provided

While I was coloring this for some reason I was originally going to do it a blond but then suddenly I had the urge to do her with white hair and then It started looking like Storm like when she was younger.

So behold a young Storm from before her X-men times. Maybe it is like right before her powers really showed. I haven't really thought it through but you understand what I am saying?

I hope you guys like it

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

LINES

Hips are too wide which causes this weird lean back vibe which makes her arms too long and gangly... likewise she is too hourglassy for a "young" girl. Similarly, her face has too sharp of a jaw line and her lips are way too full.

I assume you are trying to make it look like she is walking or stepping forward. Her knees are bent in oddly.

Her feet are hyper detailed compared to the rest of her

COLORS

You colored skin color where there should be background color between her toes

You should use color multiply for coloring... It makes the black lines come to the fore and keeps them consistent

The coloring is too flat. I see the variations, but it's not enough. It looks like you are presenting flats rather than a shaded piece. You need to bring out the highlight and the shades more. I use different layers when I used to do this stuff. I would attribute this to a level of insecurity about the shading not looking right in general because you don't seem to understand lighting. A basic rule that can help you that you should know but probably don't think about...any object behind another object should be shadowed at and angle that is in the same direction from the light... and to figure out the direction of the light...sometimes you can place it yourself or even have multiple light sources, but usually the best thing to do is follow the nose... A nose like it is in this picture generally indicates an above head light between the viewer and the subject. When there is a line indicating the bridge then the light is generally on the opposite side of the line, letting the line cast a shadow in a way that it feels natural

Hope this helps ^.^