xerox-kitty's Old Fan Art: X-Terminators Boom-Boom

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

Edited By xerox_kitty

With just 24 hours left to go in the X-Men Evolutions Contest, I thought it would be fun to post the last of my old Fan Art.  As expected, many (many) years ago I used to spend time drawing my favourite explosive blonde.  Before she was Meltdown, and before Boomer, there was a little mutant called Boom-Boom!   

No Caption Provided

Stomach In, Chest Out!
Stomach In, Chest Out!
Long before X-Force, even before joining the New Mutants, she was an X-Terminator!  Although this drawing seems to be a combination of all three. 

The pose is stolen from Tony Daniel's art in X-Force #39.  The issue featured the birth of 'Prosh', the evolution of Ship who accidentally took over a Phalanx body during the Phalanx Covenant.  After telling the tale of how he acquired his shiny new body, Boomer had to have a closer look.  And that's the pose I've stolen. 

As fun as Tony Daniel's art is, that's one infeasibly tiny tiny waist, and standing on tippy toes is very reminiscent of Rob Liefeld.  However, about 14 year ago, I absolutely loved the feisty pose. 

Baby Of The 80's
Baby Of The 80's
Therefore I stole the pose & redressed her in the outfit she first used during the X-Terminators mini series during Inferno.  It's the outfit she wore when she was accepted into the New Mutants and for the duration of her adventure in Asgard.  It was drawn by Bret Blevins & Jon Bogdanove, and therefore it had always stuck in my mind & been one of my favourite outfits.  

Once again, the head seems disproportionately small, and for some reason I've tilted it upwards.  It never really looked like it was connected to the rest of her body.  And instead of pointing, she's launching a few casual time-bombs.  Seeing the two images together it looks odd, but I still quite like this.  Maybe just because it was so much fun, which I hope everyone has when drawing their Contest entries!
The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By The_Myth

I love seeing characters in old style costume...
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TypingKira

Both Boom-Boom drawings are very cute (cute in the manner in which boom-boom is cute). Well done!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tonis
@xerox-kitty: ahh, this is my favorite so far. Really cool how you mixed all those elements up like that. She is VERY feisty looking and I'm a big fan of the emphasized hips like that, a great look on her. :)