Would you think you will see me in the comic industry?

• 86 results
Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

that's good, but in the second picture the perspective is confusing and doesn't quite look right, there are techniques you can use to improve that

but overall pretty good

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By itsomething
derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty damn good, wish I could draw like that myself

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Absolutely. There's a few area you'd need to improve on, but there's always room for improvement no matter who you are.

Do you have some more recent pics you could post?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, you definitely can.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Cutter

@knightsofdarkness2: @battle_forum_junkie: @derekvang: @itsomething: @mrnoital: @scouts1998@commander_kane@donttellmymom@w0nd@armiv2@uncanny_xfactor@zzombie13@jj_was_here@blackblade@oy_the_billy_bumbler@tweetie@wildcats25@thecowwasdelirious@moonlighterstone@sog7dc@jaken7 @azalae@dimitridkatsis@kwodam@skinja@SuperStar_sketcher@fiodestromus@oldnightcrawler@hawk2916

Ok...My new project won't be shown yet...at least not that soon, but I might post a panel or two once I decide it to...so ya can see what I've been doing lately and in what direction I'm going. I'm not using cross hatch for my new work. I did it only for the old project while in college. Only wanted to try something different (so I did). But in this new project is just like comic book...without all these cross hatch...lol.

I can post one of my template that I'm working on now. I can post 3 different of my process for this particular character (template) so ya can see how from the original went to the one that it look now. I'm not done...just started working on my coloring with their metals (armor). I haven't decided the uniform's color yet. So here it is.......

As you can see...my original one...in this one...she has a little long neck, she's kind of thin, and you can possibly say she's a little taller. The reason I did her neck longer was because I wanted her (them) to look like outcast, alien, inhuman, or better yet...a mutant. All my villain characters are not from Earth...YET. So here is my changes of her appearance.
As you can see...my original one...in this one...she has a little long neck, she's kind of thin, and you can possibly say she's a little taller. The reason I did her neck longer was because I wanted her (them) to look like outcast, alien, inhuman, or better yet...a mutant. All my villain characters are not from Earth...YET. So here is my changes of her appearance.

I didn't post the pencil one since this will be simple to just post the ink outline.  Here you can see I dropped her neck down, made her a little thicker, and now she looks short. She's suppose to be a few inches shorter than Wolverine. I change her lips...eye...and a few little things. Now let's see the final part 1.
I didn't post the pencil one since this will be simple to just post the ink outline. Here you can see I dropped her neck down, made her a little thicker, and now she looks short. She's suppose to be a few inches shorter than Wolverine. I change her lips...eye...and a few little things. Now let's see the final part 1.

Here it is. Ain't she's beautiful? Don't she look like a match for Wolverine in combat? I completely rearranged everything else. I was hoping you wouldn't think I would keep her hair with those lines...lol. I change that in the process...and since her hair's going to be black...so that was going to disappear anyway. As I mentioned before...haven't decided her (their) uniform color yet...so I'm in the process with that, but first I'm doing all the metals...They're gold by the way. Haven't finish with the metal yet...just need to add brown and blend it (and few other colors)...and add highlights after that, but that would be in the final part 2...lol. Her name is.....................I'll tell you later with a little info of her characterization. But I do want to see her fighting Wolverine...of course...once he comes back from death...lol. So...tell me. What you think about my new character? Can this be mainstream? Did I improve? I'm I going in the right direction? Does she have potential? Do you like her? I know I do and many people in my town too. I need feedback please. Anything you can give....bad...good...or both. I know I have good critique over here with my fam, friends, and professors because I keep in touch with them. As you can see...no CROSS HATCH...lol. So tell me what you guys think....this won't be long here because I will take it out very soon. And maybe JUST maybe I'll post other characters once I get opinions from this first.
Here it is. Ain't she's beautiful? Don't she look like a match for Wolverine in combat? I completely rearranged everything else. I was hoping you wouldn't think I would keep her hair with those lines...lol. I change that in the process...and since her hair's going to be black...so that was going to disappear anyway. As I mentioned before...haven't decided her (their) uniform color yet...so I'm in the process with that, but first I'm doing all the metals...They're gold by the way. Haven't finish with the metal yet...just need to add brown and blend it (and few other colors)...and add highlights after that, but that would be in the final part 2...lol. Her name is.....................I'll tell you later with a little info of her characterization. But I do want to see her fighting Wolverine...of course...once he comes back from death...lol. So...tell me. What you think about my new character? Can this be mainstream? Did I improve? I'm I going in the right direction? Does she have potential? Do you like her? I know I do and many people in my town too. I need feedback please. Anything you can give....bad...good...or both. I know I have good critique over here with my fam, friends, and professors because I keep in touch with them. As you can see...no CROSS HATCH...lol. So tell me what you guys think....this won't be long here because I will take it out very soon. And maybe JUST maybe I'll post other characters once I get opinions from this first.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks like a cool mechanized Lady Deathstrike redesign.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I think that's good character work, my only critique is on the original post, the second picture had confusing perspective, I'd think you would know, but just want to make sure you know about 1, 2, and 3 point perspective methods, and if you do they could use some practice from that image

but that's a cool character design

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: That is Awesome! I liked the pencil sketch or the first ink the best!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Thanks for your critique. If I can pick one thing wrong with the perspective...it would be the pillars. I was in a deadline. But I do know about the 3 point perspective (I learned that in high school). It's the reason why I decided to do a whole new project...which soon you'll see. No confusing...no cross hatch (which I don't think it looks bad), and no weird perspective. This project was almost 5 years ago.

@itsomething: @uncanny_xfactor: Thanks guys :)

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@cutter:

I really like your work. I can see you working for comics and usually I'm pretty honest about these things. I think you can either leave your art in black and white, or you can do these and someone else can be the colorist who shades everything in. Really nice work man, I hope to see you more in the artist show off forums.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

I was also just thinking this, you may be really good at doing political cartoons, if you're interested I think you should look into it.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: political cartoons require less detail (which cutter obviously has) and skill,

I think Cutter will possibly make it into comics just not really mainstream

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Cutter

@deadcool_xd:

Thanks for your critique, but I'm not done with the colors. As I mentioned before...is only final part 1. But I can color...I might can give a hint of my color's style...here it is.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deadcool_XD

@deadcool_xd: political cartoons require less detail (which cutter obviously has) and skill,

I think Cutter will possibly make it into comics just not really mainstream

I know what you're thinking, but that is not entirely true. The political cartoons you are thinking of are very simple small, but take skill to think of. There are some very detailed hard to draw political cartoons as well. Take this one for example-

No Caption Provided

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: of course you have talent it's probably how much time and effort you put into each sketch, the anatomy in that one was better. I see you're influenced by surrealistic/hyperrealistic art. You remind me of Bernie Mireault.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70  Edited By Claymore1998

This is incredible, keep up the good work and who knows ^_^

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@cutter: The only possible thing I could say is that you should work on making your people look a little less stiff/posed.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. I love the template. She looks amazing and would like to know more about her and other characters. I don't think people know what's mainstream mean. I can see her wanting by many who want it to buy it.

Love your surrealistic drawings. You do have talents. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be there.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is room and a place for any style. Just be ready for both lovers of your gift and the harshest criticism from others who loathe it. If you find you cannot take a negative critique it may not be the best move.

Keep the dream and moving forward, there are so many avenues to the industry (all hard) but if you are determined you can do it.

Best wishes, always.

wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only dream of getting into the comic industry. one day.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Cutter

@claymore1998: @knightsofdarkness2: @thecowwasdelirious: @dimitridkatsis: @blackblade: @daymareprime: @azalae: Thanks guys :)

@dagmar_merrill said:

@cutter: The only possible thing I could say is that you should work on making your people look a little less stiff/posed.

I understand what you mean about stiff/posed, but they're templates showing their designs. Here I got a few example of what a template should look like.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@wildcats25 said:

I only dream of getting into the comic industry. one day.

Nothing is impossible. If you got the talents, then nothing can't stop you from following your dreams.

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Tweetie

@cutter Nice. I like it. Thanks for tagging me. I hope to see more from your work. I can see her in the future use. I also love the snake woman. I assume she's Reptilla from the 7salem. I like you coloring style. I also like your surreal artwork. You are very talents. Keep it up.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

These pictures looks freaking awesome.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Those are great arts. ^^ Keep on pursuing this and you might be one of the top comic artists. :)

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow these are absolutely incredible.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are fantastic artwork U got UR-self here. I like UR surreal drawings. I love UR new character. She looks amazing. Pls keep tagging me b-cuz I would like to C more of UR work. I think if U keep up with a lot of work (which it's obvious U R working hard), I can C U getting closer to UR goals. Keep it up.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone: @claymore1998: @theblondegod: @drfate: @tweetie:

Thanks guys...it really REALLY mean a lot to me. In a few I will post the rest of my old project which I never had a critique for it. I will post the rest of my old comic pages so you guys can read and enjoy...and so ya can tell me how I did. I'll post them in a few.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

No problem friend, you have well earned the compliment. And I would love to see more of your arts ^_^

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

No problem friend, you have well earned the compliment. And I would love to see more of your arts ^_^

Thanks...oh you will see more from me :)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I wish I had talent. =(

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers