Would you think you will see me in the comic industry?

• 86 results
Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Here is my project I did in Illustration class, back in 2010, while in college. I only added 2 ink pages out of 12 cause this is part of my portfolio.

Just tell me what you think about it and if you think it has potential please say Yes or No by any mean.

I already created 50 characters so far but those are to keep saved till I make it to the comic industry (hopefully)...YES...50...and there would be more coming...and they're basically Villains, but my story will be kept saved also.

What I put here is not part of my future plan...again...just a project for college. My future plan will be more beyond than this. You can't even imagine what I have in mind...ha. Anyway...the kid across the river, in the first page, is the one sitting on his throne which is on sec page. First page is past and sec is now. That's all I can say from the story. Enjoy....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2 BumpyBoo  Moderator

This is SO well drawn!

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

and you have your own style

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow. That is flippin awesome.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can definitely see you there.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cutter

Wow. That is flippin awesome.

@armiv2 said:

Thanks guys...really appreciate it.

wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wildcats25

@cutter

Keep drawing!

as time goes on, your style will change and you'll improve. trust me, its happened to me.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter

Keep drawing!

as time goes on, your style will change and you'll improve. trust me, its happened to me.

This was 4 years ago...I am improving and hopefully soon I will post some of my new characters that I'm creating as a villain for my portfolio. Thanks for your advise...I'll keep that in mind for every time I draw something.

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have alot of talent I am just sondering How long dit it take to make. Those pages. Speed really matters in the comicbook industry. You Will need to make hard deadlines. But just keep dowing it what you. Do. And I van see. You coming there one day

Skinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the figures are kinda strange like the guy in the middle of the first picture and the people in the foreground of the second picture. You'll be there with practice.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kwodam said:

You have alot of talent I am just sondering How long dit it take to make. Those pages. Speed really matters in the comicbook industry. You Will need to make hard deadlines. But just keep dowing it what you. Do. And I van see. You coming there one day

@skinja said:

Some of the figures are kinda strange like the guy in the middle of the first picture and the people in the foreground of the second picture. You'll be there with practice.

Thanks guys. For this 2 page took me like about a week....that's of course...without coloring it...it would probably take me a little longer.

I do see what you mean in the first picture. Let me assure you...this was a project for college, which I needed to created 12 pages in less then 4 weeks. I was on a deadline...when you have a deadline, you don't have enough time for perfection...only to accomplish with your work. As a short deadline, with 12 pages, and mostly all detailed, I believe I did good.

I don't see anything wrong with the foreground on the second picture. Is all made of deep shadows. You can't give much detailed while in shadows. But thanks for your opinion.

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I love the columns in the second page and what you did with the lighting and shading on the stairs leading up to the throne. The second page just screams to me that this story is an epic with the environment you created surrounding the characters. Nice work!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cutter

I love the columns in the second page and what you did with the lighting and shading on the stairs leading up to the throne. The second page just screams to me that this story is an epic with the environment you created surrounding the characters. Nice work!

Thank you thank you....I appreciate it. Out of those 12 pages...this is definitely my favorite one. It's also my professor's favorite too.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I definitely see you there. Keep up with your hard work because this look amazing. I'm loving it.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cutter: Definitely a unique style. I could see you being an Allred or a Samnee type artist.

The writing however...haha. Well, let's just say "his voice was very furious" sounds like it's out of a children's book. Plus, you didn't even need it! You did a great job with the lettering, so we could tell from the word bubble and the expression on his face that he was angry.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Thanks...for your opinion.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armiv2 said:

Yes. You could definitely work in the comic industry.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armiv2 said:

@sog7dc said:

@cutter:

Definitely

Thanks guys...this mean a lot to me :) If only I can show you what I did recently to show Tom DeFalco :)

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@uncanny_xfactor said:

@armiv2 said:

Thanks guys...this mean a lot to me :) If only I can show you what I did recently to show Tom DeFalco :)

Why can't you show us? Show us!

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice art.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep.

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're on the right track. Love the cross hatching, that's something that doesn't happen a lot in the industry these days. Prob because most people digitally ink their stuff and deadlines are super quick. One of my fav's was Mark Texiera, who from what I saw recently doesn't do that type of shading anymore either.

One tip is to take some life drawing classes. Not just illustration. And use references if you have to. I think the best panel is the first page, bottom. It's very dynamic and has a lot of fluidity. Just some of the characters need work (middle guy with beanie). I do like the reversed out shaded characters and trees in the background, reminds me of wood cut. I'd say keep at it, you're definitely creating a style.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Azalae

This is so amazing. I've never seen any panel with those crosshatch before. This story look like is going to be epic. I like the fact that you are REALLY good with scenery. I like them both, but the sec panel is my fave. And the boy is the one sitting on the throne? Wow this make it seem like a really good story to read. Those pillars are amazing and they're not easy to draw. They look so precise. And the man kneeing down asking for mercy is how you OBEY a master, a lord, a leader, a king, and those characters which are so many in this specific panel, are in a incredible position. Like the girl coming down the stairs, smiling, it seem to me she the one whose duty is to give report. Again, amazing.

Obviously, you are already there since this was from 2010. I definitely see you working for comic. You seem to have the inspiration to do so. keep it up cause this is a great thing. Hope to see more from you.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I remember reading somewhere that artists try to knock out one page per day. If that is something you can do, then hells yeah you can have your own book.

Am I allowed to say "hell" here? I'm so used to swearing that I don;t know which way is up.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I remember reading somewhere that artists try to knock out one page per day. If that is something you can do, then hells yeah you can have your own book.

Am I allowed to say "hell" here? I'm so used to swearing that I don;t know which way is up.

Lol...Thanks. I guess you are allow to say anything...I've seen worst.

I can create a page at lease 2 days...it's all depend the work you put in. I put all my effort in (every each pages) my new project. It's true in the Marvel world you have people working with you...like the penciler, the inker, the colorist, the writer, the editor, production...etc etc. I'm working ALL alone and yes...it does take time. But I'm creating my own book and characters. Would love to share this to you people one day.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Why I have never seen this B4 (I know... I never enter here lol. My first time)? I remember U mentioned something about this.

Wow! is the first thing coming out of my mouth. Yes, U R definitely qualifying. I've seen worst. And yes, I can definitely C U there. U have talents so keep it up. I REALLY love the sec page... I love the scene. Nice job Cutter. Keep up with ur hard work, because U seem to know what u'r doing.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

OK, are you asking for a proper critique? Or just friendly advice? If you took art classes in college I'll assume you know the difference. I just want to make sure what you're wanting before I write anything. :)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, are you asking for a proper critique? Or just friendly advice? If you took art classes in college I'll assume you know the difference. I just want to make sure what you're wanting before I write anything. :)

I'm all for both. Just to assure you this is an old project. Thanks for checking my artwork :)

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very good and very unique I like it a lot

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: you know what, comics have different styles , so you very well could be. Comics like Scott pilgrim were very simple but had great poses and exaggerations and that has a huge cult following. Same with Archie and so on. I think you have a stylized art style so as long as you keep at it you'll make it your own :) . I notice many people (myself included) try to emulate other art styles, which is good as well, good to know how to do, but having your own style is great as well.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very good and very unique I like it a lot

Thank you very much :)

@w0nd said:

@cutter: you know what, comics have different styles , so you very well could be. Comics like Scott pilgrim were very simple but had great poses and exaggerations and that has a huge cult following. Same with Archie and so on. I think you have a stylized art style so as long as you keep at it you'll make it your own :) . I notice many people (myself included) try to emulate other art styles, which is good as well, good to know how to do, but having your own style is great as well.

Thank you :)

I used to try to emulate Jim Lee style (only for practice). He's definitely one of my favorite artists. Then I started doing it on my own...without reference...and kept on and on and on until I captured the dynamic figure. Hopefully soon I will post some characters that I've been working on...really need some feedback...because I am very picky lol. Thank you once again...

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: This is really cool!!

I really like the gesture on the people getting hit by the blast.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: This is really cool!!

I really like the gesture on the people getting hit by the blast.

Thank you....

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yes. You are actually close to the Marvel door. This is amazing. I never seen anything like it. Love those crosshatch.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tweetie: Thank you...and hoping one day to qualify for the Marvel industry :)

@moonlighterstone: I'm so sorry I didn't see this before...thank you so much. I'm glad you like it. :)

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Awwww that's ok. I haven't been here for a while.

I love it. U do got style. Keep it up because one day you might be there.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Awwww that's ok. I haven't been here for a while.

I love it. U do got style. Keep it up because one day you might be there.

Thanks. This would get my hopes up :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

In a few years, with a lot of work? Maybe.

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe not mainstream comics, but if you're willing to work in indie comics you could become professional.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@cutter: Are you named after the Elfquest character Cutter?

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probably yeah, but just not main stream

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cutter

@squares: Yes...thanks...I've been working very hard, but nothing compare to this image below...lol. And yes...my username came from the Elfquest character...Cutter. I have all of the Elfquest comics and books :)

@itsomething: @thecowwasdelirious:

No Caption Provided

If this can be Mainstream...what make you think mine can't? At lease mine is more realistic than some other that came out lately...lol. Believe me...I'm working very hard...to make it more like mainstream :)

Thanks for your opinions...

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: that's cool, oh and Squares left CV for good

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: that's cool, oh and Squares left CV for good

Awwww. That's sucks. Thanks to let me know....

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I'm not saying your art is bad by any means, i just think it's very stylized and stylized doesn't really work in mainstream comics imo. But i may be wrong :)