Would you like to see a 'Web Comic' category in the Showcase for viners involved in producing their own books?

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By tonis
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By soundbite

there's no choice for Hades yes, so I just went with the more common version.
Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Fully produced sequential art doesn't fit entirely into any of the existing categories. There's the additional effort of the writing process as well as having to put multiple images together to tell a story of their own. None of the existing categories are adept at appreciating all the layers of work that need to go into making a comic. 

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By CATPANEXE

Yes. Didnt even think twice.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tonis
@CaptainCockblock said:
" Fully produced sequential art doesn't fit entirely into any of the existing categories. There's the additional effort of the writing process as well as having to put multiple images together to tell a story of their own. None of the existing categories are adept at appreciating all the layers of work that need to go into making a comic.  "
much agreed, there's more to panel production that doesn't fit the current choices. 
I'm working on some general rules and details and I think we're gonna try this one out, I know of a few that I visit regularly from here that would be great if the artists want to get involved :)
Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CaptainCockblock
@tonis: Groovy.
rocketpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rocketpig

I'm definitely down for entering this category if it's added. I don't have time to draw anything except my comic.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sora_thekey

I thought that Artist Show-Off and Fan-Fic covered that?

rocketpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rocketpig

Well, fan fic would only apply if the characters drawn were property of someone else. In my case, the characters are my own.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tonis
@sora_thekey said:
" I thought that Artist Show-Off and Fan-Fic covered that? "
well this would be more of the user submits 1 image (like the cover) as a sample with a link to a web comic/strip they did for that month. 
That category would let voters pick their favorite ones. Plus it's good exposure for all the self publishers putting something out monthly to show where their at. 

It could also cover 'panel' submissions some users have expressed interest in throwing in, as long as they keep it to one image with a link to any additional pages.