Workin' on a new website...

rocketpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By rocketpig

As most of you know, I do a weekly webcomic that I started late last year and I picked a template that I thought would get me through some growing pains... Well, it didn't. By the time I was done adding, removing, and changing around the layout features, it barely resembled what I started with and I didn't like it. I figured that I would get around to completely re-working the site some time over the summer but it was bothering me too much so I set to work on a new site.
In typical fashion, I couldn't do anything other than work on the site after awhile... Once I get sucked into a project, I work day and night on the thing.

So, here's the site:

http://selfcentent.com/

If you have feedback, I'd love to hear it. I think it portrays "comic website" much better than the old site and it's easier to navigate, IMO.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By tonis
@rocketpig: looking very good. Everythings much better organized and easier to highlight. Color scheme is pleasing and works good with your artwork around it.
Good job RP :)
rocketpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rocketpig

Thanks, Tonis. The old site probably wasn't that bad but it just bugged the hell out of me so it had to go.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tonis
@rocketpig said:
" Thanks, Tonis. The old site probably wasn't that bad but it just bugged the hell out of me so it had to go. "
well in the professional site design circles they say it's strategic to adjust the looks every 6 months or so. It's tougher when you also include interface in that, you don't want to mess with that too much or the longtime viewers start getting confused where buttons are. This layout works well and should cover you for some time to come, plus it's setup to be easy to adjust the style without messing up the interface.