#1 Posted by jack_before_joker (65 posts) - - Show Bio

so this is MY first attempt at art with water colors. I have found some amazing things online and i got inspired! you should post some of YOUR water color art here, that would be awesome! tips and pointers would be very appreciated!

#2 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Good work!

Just be mindful with the paper that you use so as to prevent warping especially if you are doing a wet on wet techinque. It is best you use a thicker paper or with cotton infused with them.

#3 Posted by jack_before_joker (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: oh okay! thanks, the paper did get really wavy. whats a wet on wet technique?

#4 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_before_joker: It's when you apply another layer of paint onto a still wet layer instead of waiting for it to dry first.

#5 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_before_joker: Awesome, it's great that you are trying watercolour, I use it a lot myself, its great fun and can produce some nice stuff :-) I'm still learning myself. I also noticed that the paper is possibly too thin, perhaps try some watercolour or cartridge paper. Hope to see more!

#6 Posted by jack_before_joker (65 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by jack_before_joker (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selinaky: thanks man, i posted some more but they still get all warped and wavy! i experimented with cartridge paper and card stock, but they both did not help, do you think im adding too much water when i paint or something?