wacom tablets

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By DavidR
@tonis: Thanks for the kind words!

@ssejllenrad said:

" @tonis said:

" they should just lock this thread or better yet delete it to someplace like the negative zone. Then someone could put up an actual REAL thread related to tablets and their practical implementation in the art community. "

Why would you do that?!? So you can put tablets on a pedestal as if they're gods or something? They sucks I tells ya!  They sucks their complexities to hell! Hehehe! I usually don't troll but sometimes I just can't help it.. I apologize if I make the points you guys want to deliver look bad... I just... I want to be immature from time to time.. :p "

Is that you lil' buddy from down under, or is it that "Troll Empty-head", Uhh I mean Empty-Tomb? Sure are startin' to sound alike. Specially since My Bud ssejllenrad  paints with a Tablet and is pretty damn good with it!
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By spawndon

"pretty damn good with it! "

I want to be like this one day....

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By tonis
@spawndon said:
" "pretty damn good with it! "  I want to be like this one day.... "
considering your recent works I'd say your pretty damn close ;)
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By emptytomb
@Om1kron:
that was to tonis not to you about hearsay. I don't know why you are jumping form a intuso, bamboo to a cintiq when they were two different discussions. As for knowedge it was on how the cintiq works literally not on whether you've used it or not which you don't know it works. I on the other hand told you on how the touch screen works and how it could be modified for artists. If it were a bunch of nonsense than why would you be getting upset.  Anyway this is coming from a guy who said a bamboo and intuso were good enough for artist which they are not.
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By spawndon
@emptytomb said:
" @Om1kron: that was to tonis not to you about hearsay. I don't know why you are jumping form a intuso, bamboo to a cintiq when they were two different discussions. As for knowedge it was on how the cintiq works literally not on whether you've used it or not which you don't know it works. I on the other hand told you on how the touch screen works and how it could be modified for artists. If it were a bunch of nonsense than why would you be getting upset.  Anyway this is coming from a guy go said a bamboo and intuso were good enough for artist which they are not. "
May I advise you something?
Please drop this discussion. Let it end.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By DavidR

@emptytomb said:

" @Om1kron: that was to tonis not to you about hearsay. I don't know why you are jumping form a intuso, bamboo to a cintiq when they were two different discussions. As for knowedge it was on how the cintiq works literally not on whether you've used it or not which you don't know it works. I on the other hand told you on how the touch screen works and how it could be modified for artists. If it were a bunch of nonsense than why would you be getting upset.  Anyway this is coming from a guy who said a bamboo and intuso were good enough for artist which they are not. "

Hmmmm, guess u didn't read my post. I don't have as much experience with my Tablet but I drew this with only the Intous4 to prove to you that it can replicate what I do with pen and ink. If I can do this and just starting to learn how to draw with it, imagine what an experienced pro can do with it. You are very wrong it is meant for artists and imagine after the drawing is done the coloring with a Wacom can be unbelievable. 

By the way can you not spell? It's Intous, not intuso. If you can't get even the name right, you think we are going to believe your silly facts and points of view?

No Caption Provided
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By emptytomb
@DavidR:
@emptytomb said:

"@DavidR: yeah but I bet he spent more time and effort drawing on it than he would with a pencil.  "

I wrote that in a pervious comment. I'm sure you took a longer time to create this than you would with a pencil. It probably required my effort also even if you praticed alot on your wacom tablet you would painstaking and slowly create what you would with a pencil just like anyone else. Keep trying to learn how to use it than maybe you can create more drawings with it as you claim you will.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DavidR
@emptytomb said:

" @DavidR:
@emptytomb said:

"@DavidR: yeah but I bet he spent more time and effort drawing on it than he would with a pencil.  "

I wrote that in a pervious comment. I'm sure you took a longer time to create this than you would with a pencil. It probably required my effort also even if you praticed alot on your wacom tablet you would painstaking and slowly create what you would with a pencil just like anyone else. Keep trying to learn how to use it than maybe you can create more drawings with it as you claim you will. "
Wrooong, when I posted this last night I was in the middle of my Batman project and didn't have much time to draw, I actually drew it on my laptop by placing the tablet on the keyboard. It only has a 14 inch screen and thank god for the zooming in and out capabilities of the Tablet it only took me about 20 min to draw it. Where I saved time was not having to pencil in and then redraw everything again with ink. I just fleshed it out and erased what wasn't needed as I went along. No it didn't take me longer but the point is that the results show I can do it. I will probably start posting more digital pen art since I had a lot of fun using my Wacom Intous...Hehehe! Its about experimenting with a new tool. Not only that but it turns into many other tools for art and no cleanup, that in itself is a hassle with ink brushes and paints.

The point is It does what you say it doesn't I proved it.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DavidR
@M.S. Feather: 

Chuckle...   : P
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By emptytomb
@DavidR said:
Wrooong, when I posted this last night I was in the middle of my Batman project and didn't have much time to draw, 

Draw more not just one.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DavidR
@emptytomb said:
" @DavidR said:
Wrooong, when I posted this last night I was in the middle of my Batman project and didn't have much time to draw, 

Draw more not just one.
"
Of course I will, but point is that it does what its supposed to. Anyways, It's a dead end here so I'm done. I proved what you said it didn't do. Whether it's one or more it's done by many others artists and even myself.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ssejllenrad
@M.S. Feather said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
WIN!!!!
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DavidR
@ssejllenrad: 

Et tu Brutus?  : P
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By spawndon

did anyone think that the mods may actually be enjoying this thread?
[no offense meant to the mods]

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ssejllenrad
@DavidR:  Don't you go Ceasar on me mate! The ides of March is but a month away.

Unless of course you're talking about another Brutus (aka Popeye's Bluto) then yeah... "me too"... :p

@spawndon said:
" did anyone think that the mods may actually be enjoying this thread? [no offense meant to the mods] "
Maybe it has not caught their attention yet. I have seen no single post in this thread that is worth flagging.. :D
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ssejllenrad
@DavidR said:
"  
By the way can you not spell? It's Intous, not intuso. If you can't get even the name right, you think we are going to believe your silly facts and points of view?  "
Ha! Your lack of knowledge for the INTUSO just shows your ignorance and therefore makes all your arguments invalid! INTUSO is a china-imitation of INTUOS! Ha! Take that troll!

No Caption Provided

I'm trolling again.. My apologies... :p
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#118  Edited By sora_thekey

I heard the iPad worked just as good... Is this true?

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By DavidR
@ssejllenrad said:
" @DavidR said:
"  
By the way can you not spell? It's Intous, not intuso. If you can't get even the name right, you think we are going to believe your silly facts and points of view?  "
Ha! Your lack of knowledge for the INTUSO just shows your ignorance and therefore makes all your arguments invalid! INTUSO is a china-imitation of INTUOS! Ha! Take that troll!

No Caption Provided
I'm trolling again.. My apologies... :p "
Aaaaaahhh, but I am not wrong, this whole silly thread started due to him putting down Wacoms Intous. To me most other Tablets are irrelevant due to the attack on one of the most accurate Tablets available at an affordable price to most artists. Yes they aren't cheap but they are worth it in my opinion. The cheaper ones I have tried and was disappointed in. I also had to switch my OS due to the fact that Windows 7 gives me better results. I had lag with Xp and didn't feel like putting in the time to possibly make it respond better with drivers or different settings.

So there! Intuso is still a misspelling when we are arguing about Wacom Intous. Owww! my back, you stabbed me in the back... Et tu Brutus?!!! Hehehe!!

That's probably where he bases his opinion on a clone from China. Intous is probably built there but under specific engineering from Wacom...
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By DavidR

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

@sora_thekey

said:

" I heard the iPad worked just as good... Is this true? "

iPad is limited. You have to wear a glove with the fingers cut off, if not when you rest your palm it can register it and screw with your lines or whatever you are drawing with it. I saw it on a video. Plus I didn't like the stylus that are available for it, they don't have a pen nib like Wacom and I don't like drawing with a funky knob on the end of my stick. : P
I hear it's great for on the go art but I also saw that there are only a couple of art programs that are worth using. Auto desk sketchbook pro is available as an app for under $10.

I am planning on getting Asus ep121. It's a 12 in Tablet that runs Win7. Is engineered to be used with a Wacom digitizer that comes with it, also it's palm resistant. It has an Intel core 5 with dual core and 4 gigs of ddr3 ram. Runs like a laptop but can get a lot more done than an iPad. All the programs I use now will work on it, plus Photoshop runs like a champ on it.
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#121  Edited By sora_thekey
@DavidR: Sadly, because I don't have that kind of money, the iPad is my best bet. If anyone wants to give me a Wacom tablet as a gift... I won't say no! =P
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By tonis
@sora_thekey said:

" @DavidR: Sadly, because I don't have that kind of money, the iPad is my best bet. If anyone wants to give me a Wacom tablet as a gift... I won't say no! =P "

although there's a lotta things useful about something like the iPad, drawing on it for anything more than sketching on the go as Robert stated is alls I would expect of it here. Because it's designed to pick up touch all over which would include every time the side of your hand hits it, it's got obstacles to prevent it from being good as an 'art tool'. (who's gonna wear a glove when they draw, that's even worse than a condom I suppose :)

Also, if I was gonna spend $400 plus on a device I want something not restricted to an app store dictated by a company who thinks it knows what I want to install or not. Not a fan of locked OS's and the moment I can toss my iphone out is the moment I get a phone I can actually be in control of. (and my stupid contract is done - I do like OSX, however that's not what they use) 

Basically I want a REAL computer OS out of any 'pad' that lets me do and install what I already do on my other computers. Not what they'll 'allow' from some stupid store.
That Asus looks very promising though at filling in two niches. Will be interested to hear how any artists find it's stylus support if they get one. Worse case, if it sucks at that, it's still useful as an actual computer. 

@M.S. Feather - you say it like a champ :)
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By DavidR
@tonis: 

On Amazon I read some reviews by artists and they love it. It's very pen friendly. Win7 not known for it's accurate touch being as good as iPad but great for a pen! Being that Asus worked with Wacom and the pen is a Wacom digitizer pen, the results are what you get from one of their Tablets, plus iPad has no pressure sensitivity from what I understand but the Asus Slate (tablet) does.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By tonis
@DavidR said:

" @tonis:   On Amazon I read some reviews by artists and they love it. It's very pen friendly. Win7 not known for it's accurate touch being as good as iPad but great for a pen! Being that Asus worked with Wacom and the pen is a Wacom digitizer pen, the results are what you get from one of their Tablets, plus iPad has no pressure sensitivity from what I understand but the Asus Slate (tablet) does. "

hell, you had me at runs windows 7.
be nice to be able to just load up my comics with my favorite free non app/digital rights managed program on a screen big enough to read em. 
Might be just as cool to be able to doodle and sketch things while away from the command center. My drawing needs doesn't go far from basic circles and shapes. Hell, even an iPad could probably handle that but I DEFINITELY aint wearin no gloves :) 

EDIT: I was gonna be getting a new laptop to replace this overheating beast, but I think you just found my new solution my friend. Only a grand, I'm there :) 
thanks for this info, I'll admit it's the pc part I'm needing but I may just get more into drawing with this baby.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By DavidR
@tonis:  

I told you about this a while back. It's on back order at this time. I'm gettin' it from Fry's when it's available. Newegg should have it too in the near future. I think it's a Sandy bridge processor and thanks to Intels screw up it delayed a bunch of new products including this one. It was out for about a week and that's how I got the reviews. Every single one that was in stock at Frys was sold immediately, down to the demos. I made friends with one of the managers so if it's in stock they will hold it for me til I get there. It has a mini hdmi and I'm sure since it's not an Atom processor it can handle your 3D software on the go. It is at this time the most powerful Tablet on the market.
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By emptytomb
@DavidR said:
" @emptytomb said:
" @DavidR said:

Draw more not just one.
"
Of course I will, but point is that it does what its supposed to. Anyways, It's a dead end here so I'm done. I proved what you said it didn't do. Whether it's one or more it's done by many others artists and even myself. "

extactly what did you prove. That you drew inspite of what I said taking 20 minutes to draw a simple pose of the Skrulls. They are just standing there. I don't believe you should draw and post it on here inspite of what I said but that you should do it because you liked to draw on it. How long have you had a digital tablet and still haven't learned how to use it. Know maybe you can stop doing penciled drawing and use the tablet to do instead esp. for your contests. Read all my post carefully. U. So keep on posting nonsense and putting words in my mouth I didn't say.  Until someone puts a actual response that makes sense I won't respond. I'll try not to respond. To anyone else read what I've posted because I won't keep on repeating myself.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By tonis
@emptytomb said:
" @DavidR said:
" @emptytomb said:
" @DavidR said:

Draw more not just one.
"
Of course I will, but point is that it does what its supposed to. Anyways, It's a dead end here so I'm done. I proved what you said it didn't do. Whether it's one or more it's done by many others artists and even myself. "

extactly what did you prove. That you drew inspite of what I said taking 20 minutes to draw a simple pose of the Skrulls. They are just standing there. I don't believe you should draw and post it on here inspite of what I said but that you should do it because you liked to draw on it. How long have you had a digital tablet and still haven't learned how to use it. Know maybe you can stop doing penciled drawing and use the tablet to do instead esp. for your contests. Read all my post carefully. U. So keep on posting nonsense and putting words in my mouth I didn't say.  Until someone puts a actual response that makes sense I won't respond. I'll try not to respond. To anyone else read what I've posted because I won't keep on repeating myself.

"
your posts aren't even worth reading. 
Please don't keep repeating. 

at least some intelligent people have managed to contribute something to this train wreck.
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By emptytomb
@tonis:
than why do you keep spamming/trolling this thread. Don't read what you don't like whose forcing you to read it.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By tonis
@emptytomb said:
" @tonis: than why do you keep spamming/trolling this thread. Don't read what you don't like whose forcing you to read it. "
I'm not doing anything of the sort. I only chime in when somethings worth chiming in about and for the most part, I don't read what I don't like.
Also don't ignore those who say something of actual knowledge either ;) 
maybe someday you'll be one of those if you ever have that moment of realization, been seriously doubting it though the more I see you spout. 

If one good thing came out of this thread, I am probably gonna get a new Asus pad soon to play with , thanks Robert :)
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ssejllenrad
@tonis said:
" I'm not doing anything of the sort. I only chime in when somethings worth chiming in about and for the most part, I don't read what I don't like.Also don't ignore those who say something of actual knowledge either ;) maybe someday you'll be one of those if you ever have that moment of realization, been seriously doubting it though the more I see you spout.  If one good thing came out of this thread, I am probably gonna get a new Asus pad soon to play with , thanks Robert :) "
Damn I envy you.... I kinda wish I did not buy a new TV last holiday season... :( Oh well.... Gotta save up for that Asus! :D
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By DavidR
@emptytomb said:

" @DavidR said:

" @emptytomb said:
" @DavidR said:

Draw more not just one.
"

"
Everyone has read your dribble. You only make sense to yourself. You are one confused individual... You may see my sketch as simple but you couldn't even come close to figuring out how to draw that simple sketch or the thinking behind it. That's a fact!    : P

You yourself are not reading what you wrote and what other people write, you keep missing the point since the beginning. Some people are pretty thick in the upstairs department.
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By emptytomb

Ok. than since most of you have gotten nasty, ignorant and started name calling. 

DavidR

..."R" Next time keep the name calling to yourself and follow the rules of this website because you don't want me name calling you. I would let it slide but since you keep ignorantly posting anything trying to prove that what I've said is wrong. 

Tonis.

You keep on posting negative comments though  you said you aren't an artist saying I don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm posting nonsense. Simply put you are a troll since a person becomes a troll when they constantly keep posting negative feedback to a thread because they don't agree with the thread esp. in saying that the thread should be locked because you disagree with it. Not to mention you had no proof/evidence on your claims. You also tried to answer to questions I didn't ask you. You also seem to keep repeating/using my vocabulary words I use in your posts because you seem to have poor communication skills.

To everyone else. Nothing is better, easier, quicker, percise,effective, comfortable than drawing with pencil, paper. You will never get the same results while drawing with something else esp. with a digital tablet. You actually need to guide your hand and pencil with your eyes. Drawing on a digital tablet is like driving a car with your head sticking out of the roof and never being allowed to put your head back in until you get out. Their will be some people who like drawing abstract, simple, cartoonish drawings and not improving which a digital tablet is good for them but if you want to take art to a serious level their is no point in using a digital tablet to draw. A digital tablet is good for coloring a piece already drawn and scanned. Artist like DavidR already know this but for some reason they want to mislead people into believing that a digital tablet can do the same thing a pencil and paper can do.   

Next time to any of you don't try to answer a question I ask another person. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By tonis
@emptytomb: not to shatter your sense of reality but in the real world it's nothing like you see it. 
I haven't really posted anything positive or negative here, simply adding more on the fact side than the fiction side. You don't have to think so, hell I've gotten a good look at how you think. Quite frankly you don't appear to do so very much before you say things. 

I didn't say I wasn't an artist either, I AM an artist. Just cause I don't draw doesn't change that.
I also don't need proof or evidence for my claims as my work speaks for itself and I prefer to let it be that way. It's REAL proof. Not the phony crap you seem to do on here with a few minutes in photoshop and a little level adjustment to someone else's drawings. You're too lazy to even actually ink a fine piece of work like Leandros properly, it's no wonder you cry about how hard it is to use a tablet.

As I've said, YOU keep complaining about how HARD it is drawing with a tablet, and how YOU can't produce anything with it,  Sounds like it's really just YOUR problem to get proof of and deal with. 
We're all good out here in the real world where we don't expect it to replace traditional art techniques but rather complement them (without being whiny bitches about it costing too much or taking too long)

Most of the artists on here who do know better about the real facts behind them will continue to correct you every time you say something wrong. Which seems to be a habit with you. 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, good luck to you, you're gonna need it with this approach you take ;)
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By emptytomb

I said this way back. 
@tonis: 
you seem to write only because you want attention. You babble nonsense. You should know by now if you are a artist that a digital tablet doesn't equal a pencil. Any artist would figure this out easily. Unless you've never picked a pencil or drew and started drawing with a digital tablet and you think its the best for drawing, being dillusional. So far  in your drawings in your profile  I don't see any digtal tablet art you've done though you claim you have years as a photoshop user and a digital artist. now your going off the topic that every art goes thru a digital process as if I denied or said their is no digital process like digital coloring involved. I decided to write a review since most artists want to know if a digital tablet is worth it.

@tonis said:  

" @emptytomb said:
I didn't 'babble' it was the best, you clearly don't hear what people are saying but rather fill in your own blanks. So I kinda don't really need to say it any clearer. You don't see drawings in my art cause as I've always stated, I'm a 3d artist. Which you probably don't consider an art either. Boo hoo for me I suppose, that I can't be in your club ;) You seem to think that only a penciler can use a tablet, which is also absurdly off. I didn't get one because I wanted to draw, I got one because I was doing massive amounts of photo restorations and video frame editing. And YES, a tablet helped TREMENDOUSLY in saving time, supplies, and sanity. Especially for the features and functions you seem to think are useless. You don't have to believe I've been on photoshop for as long as I claim, if I was full of it it'd show in my work. I have worked with many artists however who do use it for drawing, and none have ever felt it was a bad move including it into their skill sets. Feel free to write a review on anything you want my friend, but if you say stupid shit that's totally inaccurate it's gonna go a lot like this. "

@tonis

said:

" @emptytomb said:

lol, I'm not saying I know more than you, it's just appearing to be that way ;) I seriously encourage ANY REAL ARTIST who agrees with these 'facts' of yours to come on down and help prove your point. Cause as it stands, real artists have come in here and you aren't listening to them anymore than me ;) You make assumptions, and stats that don't match. You couldn't say how many in the comic field use this or that, you don't honestly know. You're pulling it all out of your ass and it kinda shows in these idiotic statements.  Not to be insulting, cause I don't believe in it, but you're so wrong here about pretty much EVERYTHING you claim. Thinking I'm angry cause a tablet isn't a pencil, lol, I'm not naive enough to expect it to be. You seem to think it's black or white, that you're either a REAL artist who uses pencils, or a FAKE one who doesn't. It kinda shows just how little clue you've managed to get so far in the field. Almost EVERYTHING published these days goes through the digital ringer at some point in it's creation, be it the lines, or whatever. And people manage it all without being babies about who's doing it this way or that.  I'll reiterate my previous sentiment. A REAL artist works with any tools they have at their disposal that they are comfortable with. You're either not comfortable with it, or you're not a REAL artist, which is it? " 

@emptytomb: I have penciled drawings in my images because I've had to reupload pictures for a contest I was hosting. Those works are the contestants, I never said I draw buddy, I'm pretty clear about what I do. 

When you actually go into a category and not look at ALL my images, you're only gonna see 3d work. That's the area I work in and spend my time practicing. 

I'm feeling like this dead horse is pretty beat at this point, and since I'm more interested in just making sure others know your advice is moot and I don't really care about convincing or converting you to anything I think the jist has been accomplished. 

you keep arguing over how this is better than that, or how artists can't accomplish what some on here have with pencils AND tablets. The real artists are gonna keep drawing with whatever they got and keep proving you wrong ;) 

This isn't even close to a review, much less in depth. It's you ranting about your personal opinions that NO ONE here seems to agree that actually uses the device your talking about. 
You have no clue about the benefits of the features, and apparently even LESS clue about what professionals do with it across the board. You certainly couldn't give me a criticism about photo restoration or any other aspect of digital imaging and what it takes cause you got no idea what I do or what you're talking about. You should seriously stop some day, take a breath, and realize you're missing a LOT of what's going on around you by ASSUMING you know it all. 

If alls you wanna do is talk about FLAT penciled art and how you'd like to always see it done then write a thread about that, don't wrap it in a fake review of tablets and then not even talk about what they offer but instead spout off about how you hate everything about them and that no one can make a decent picture with them. You actually insult everyone who does make killer pictures with them on here and some have shown you truly great tablet work. 

I don't honestly care how an artist gets to his final, only that it produce something that I can appreciate for the art it is, not how it was made. 

emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By emptytomb

those quotes contradict the statament you've made. What works the 3d works that seem dull and uninteresting. Some people should actually question if your comments and compliment to them are serious or just comments to stay on the top of the posters page in artistshowoff. Anyway even 3d artists draw what they will create unless copying a photograph/still life.  If you don't draw you don't/wouldn't know if what I was saying were correct/not. Which you don't.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By tonis
@emptytomb said:
" those quotes contradict the statament you've made. What works the 3d works that seem dull and uninteresting. Some people should actually question if your comments and compliment to them are serious or just comments to stay on the top of the posters page in artistshowoff. Anyway even 3d artists draw what they will create unless copying a photograph/still life.  If you don't draw you don't/wouldn't know if what I was saying were correct/not. Which you don't. "
wow, you really are a wall, such a waste of time and effort even trying to get to you. 
Must be great to convince yourself your always right about everything.

Anyone who questions my compliments or whether I'm genuine I invite to question it, if you actually are so shallow to think my intentions are to be the top poster you REALLY got no clues about me ;)
I have drawn in the past, but I certainly don't need to, to know your saying some of the stupidest things I've ever heard from someone claiming to be an artist. You got no idea whatsoever about my skills either, with digital imaging or 3d, and clearly have no clue about the process there anymore than you have about tablet features or technology. Everything's not so black & white dude, open your eyes someday and learn to see the shades.

Otherwise be blind in silence because when you speak it's evident.
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By emptytomb

You haven't been here a year  but you've passed sorathekey on the top poster page. Don't think I didn't notice you kept commenting on other people's thread everytime I uploaded an image so that the threads I posted in could be pushed down on the forums. I've already challenged you but you've backed down about photo enchancement. Put your words where your mouth stands.

@tonis:

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By tonis
@emptytomb said:
" You haven't been here a year  but you've passed sorathekey on the top poster page. Don't think I didn't notice you kept commenting on other people's thread everytime I uploaded an image so that the threads I posted in could be pushed down on the forums. I've already challenged you but you've backed down about photo enchancement. Put your words where your mouth stands. "
lol, I post when I see something I like, or is worthy of a comment, and mean everything I say genuinely. 
Passing someone in numbers means nothing, woopeee, who cares who's got more posts. It means nothing. 
If I've been commenting on threads you just posted, it's because I follow things using my favorites to see when there's something new and it happens to be there, DUUUUHHHHHH. 
Don't be so self centered to think it's actually got anything to do with you ;) (and it doesn't push a thread down, it brings it to the top when it has new messages) 

You couldn't challenge me buddy, you're not even in the same game. I could do those fake inks in 3 minutes or less and still make them look better than the garbage you keep reposting. 
I wouldn't waste my time though, there's no reason to prove anything to you, you are what most people would call 'INCORRIGIBLE'. 
I'll continue to prove my skills the effective way, through hard work and results on my OWN material. You should try it sometime, oh WAIT, that would be hhhhaaaaaaarrrdd, and you've already stated your lack of desire to actually work at it.
emptytomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By emptytomb
@tonis:
   and     
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By tonis
@emptytomb: hehe, like the song goes, 'You can't always get what you want' ;) 
Not to worry though, with no intellectual discussion going on here at the moment I'm not likely to waste too much time on you. Definitely better things to do.
rocketpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By rocketpig
@emptytomb said:
=o everyone else. Nothing is better, easier, quicker, percise,effective, comfortable than drawing with pencil, paper. You will never get the same results while drawing with something else esp. with a digital tablet. You actually need to guide your hand and pencil with your eyes. Drawing on a digital tablet is like driving a car with your head sticking out of the roof and never being allowed to put your head back in until you get out. Their will be some people who like drawing abstract, simple, cartoonish drawings and not improving which a digital tablet is good for them but if you want to take art to a serious level their is no point in using a digital tablet to draw. A digital tablet is good for coloring a piece already drawn and scanned. Artist like DavidR already know this but for some reason they want to mislead people into believing that a digital tablet can do the same thing a pencil and paper can do.     Next time to any of you don't try to answer a question I ask another person.  "

Okay, this is just a load of crap. Ever drawn photo-realistic stuff? I have. Guess what you don't do 90% of the time? 

Look at the paper. That's what. It's no different than looking at a monitor while drawing. 

Seriously, you're just full of crap on this. Yes, paper is faster IF you're more comfortable with it. I jump back and forth between digital and paper and while I'm faster with paper, that's probably because I've been drawing with it for 25 years and have been using a tablet for 4. If I spent more time working with a pad (which I do and will continue to do so), the two will probably be pretty much indistinguishable time-wise. 

There are plenty of reasons to work digitally. I happen to prefer paper but I know of plenty of digital-only artists who could draw circles around either you or I. Who are you to tell them they're doing it "wrong"? 

Seriously. Get over it.