Vaiz draws some stuff, probably!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VaizD

Hi there, folks. I figure since I've taken up a more active posting space in the forums (mostly to comment on various DC reboot topics), I may as well throw the gauntlet down in here, as well. I like to make pretty, pretty pictures with graphite in a stick form on sheets made of wood pulp, and apparently this is where you put these things. I haven't really seriously sketched anything in like a year and a half, so pretty much everything I'm gonna put here is at least that old. With that said, behold;

No Caption Provided

Drew this on Presidents day... last year, I think? I never finished it. I'm not even sure where the hard copy is at this point.

No Caption Provided

This is some scratchboard work I did my junior year of high school (years ago) based on art by Alex Ross that I'm sure you're all familiar with. My only complaint is I royally screwed up J's nose and never bothered to fix it. Also yeah, I do Joker art a lot. Batman's kinda my thing, not to be too cliche or anything (Yeah, everyone's a Batman fan these days).

No Caption Provided

And this has nothing to do with comic books. I'm just putting it here because it's the last thing I drew that I really really liked. Back in 2009. Kinda sad, right? I'm way lame now when it comes to actually finishing sketches.

So there's that. Comment as you'd like, or don't. 'Till next time.

nobodythere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By nobodythere

Very nice work. VaizD, really like what you did with the Joker in your first piece and with the third piece is very strong. Like your vision of humanity, lots of strength and character in your work. It stands out, which is how come its shame you haven't produced in a while. Hope you back into it cos your work is really fantastic.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ARMIV

You've got great work here, man!  
Keep it up!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VaizD

Aaand we're back. Thanks for the kind comments, guys, I really appreciate it.

No Caption Provided
First we have a sketch of the Joker I did a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't be bothered to scan, so here's a bad cell phone picture!

No Caption Provided
Next, we have this abomination. Someone asked me to draw spongebob. So I did. AS BATMAN. I thought it was a brilliant idea at the time; now I just say 'Well, at least it came out well!'.

No Caption Provided
And this, because... I dunno, because. The anatomy is all off. The shading is all off. It's pretty much a terrible sketch when it comes down to it. But hey, let's be positive, I still have better anatomy than Rob Liefeld. Eh? Ehhhh?

No Caption Provided
Bonus sketch, same character as the first post. I can't draw hands sometimes. I just felt like seeing what it would look like if I drew something sort of anime-y, since I don't do that much anymore. (My old art style was some ungodly mix of Yugioh, Bleach, and Death Note when I was 15 or so.)
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tonis

@VaizD: nice work, your Jokers are most epic, and the scratch board version is crazy cool. :)

B'Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By B'Town

I like your work, the HQ & Joker piece is awesome. I hope you keep it up and enjoy yourself while you're at it. Thanks for sharing your work.

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By harleyquinn12

Personally, I think your Harley and Joker looks better than the Alex Ross one. keep up the good work!
VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VaizD
@harleyquinn12 said:
Personally, I think your Harley and Joker looks better than the Alex Ross one. keep up the good work!
That is hiiiigh praise. Thank you very much!

@B'Town said:

I like your work, the HQ & Joker piece is awesome. I hope you keep it up and enjoy yourself while you're at it. Thanks for sharing your work.

I try to enjoy myself :P. Art feeling like a chore is the worst thing in the world. Thank you for viewing my work.

UNRELATED:

No Caption Provided

So, here's a token monthly Joker, since I seem to be updating this once a month and drawing about two different things over and over. I really need to branch out. Someone start making ridicu lous demands, quick! I need to be held creatively hostage!

No Caption Provided

Also, this. Completely comic book unrelated, but kinda neat nonetheless, mostly thanks to the comparison to a piece i did three years ago that I based it off. I feel like I've developed into a far more stylized look nowadays without regressing too far back into anime territory where I started years and years ago. 

And one more for good luck. I won't say anything else about this one. :o)

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By turoksonofstone

Gorgeous stuff.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By The_Myth

These are seriously good!

Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
Morgaine_Levesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The BatBob (or SpongeBat) is freaking awesome

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VaizD
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon said:
The BatBob (or SpongeBat) is freaking awesome
I was calling him Spongebat for a while, but I like BatBob way more. BatBob Angst-Pants.
Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
Morgaine_Levesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VaizD said:
BatBob Angst-Pants.
LMAO. This is awesome :)
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Billy Batson

awesome 

BB

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VaizD
@Billy Batson said:

awesome 

BB

Thanks, man.
VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VaizD
 This is what a sketch looks like half-done on an early Sunday morning. This is also usually the point where, if I'm sleepy enough, most of my sketches do not progress beyond. I'm working on playing fast and loose to avoid the telltale Vaiz
 This is what a sketch looks like half-done on an early Sunday morning. This is also usually the point where, if I'm sleepy enough, most of my sketches do not progress beyond. I'm working on playing fast and loose to avoid the telltale Vaiz "Well, this is pretty much radiating anger" vibe I usually stick myself in.
Sky_Jokiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Sky_Jokiel

Amazing work... I love your first two jokers

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By VaizD

And then Vaiz came back with a bang! Well, more like a whimper. Here's a thing I'm working on.

Sorry for crappy cell-phone shot. I'm too lazy to scan incomplete work.
Sorry for crappy cell-phone shot. I'm too lazy to scan incomplete work.

Oh yeah, and here's obligatory Joker sketch.

No Caption Provided
ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@VaizD: Spongebob Batman may be the best thing I've seen this year. It's right up there with drawing The Maxx vs the Powerpuff Girls. It's so simple yet I haven't seen anyone else do it. Brilliant. I'm ashamed that I never thought of it.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Mercy_

Awesomeeeeeeeee

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VaizD

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@VaizD: Spongebob Batman may be the best thing I've seen this year. It's right up there with drawing The Maxx vs the Powerpuff Girls. It's so simple yet I haven't seen anyone else do it. Brilliant. I'm ashamed that I never thought of it.

Haha, thanks. Batbob might be one of the cooler things I've done in... a while. Actually sort of hard to believe that post was almost a year ago, looking at it now.

hitacubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hitacubb

wow, best joker picture I've seen. Wish I could draw.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VaizD

Sup, Viners. Incredibly enough, I am posting more than once in a 24 hour period. I've finished the rough version of the sketch i posted earlier. I like it so much that I might actually fix the broken parts, clean it up, and color it! None of you know me, but trust me, leaving rough sketches raw and unfinished is something I am notorious for. So yeah, here's this.

No Caption Provided
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ARMIV2

That looks fantastic man! Awesome job on that!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VaizD
No Caption Provided

Work continues. I haven't colored, let-alone shaded, anything in a number of years. So this is kind of an experiment. To say my shading prowess is rudimentary is a vast understatement. Still, I'm pretty OK with this so far!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VaizD

I should note this was like 40 minutes of work, so basically not much at all.

Random girl on the internet asked me to draw her, so I did. Here's that. I don't even know her name, but she asked nicely, so I figured why the hell not.
Random girl on the internet asked me to draw her, so I did. Here's that. I don't even know her name, but she asked nicely, so I figured why the hell not.
Aph8825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Aph8825

Great work! I love all the Joker's keep up the awesome work!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VaizD

Oh my god, the bump. The sheer bump. So here's some stuff. Basically a rehash of the same piece I've redone over and over for the past few years. Yes, these characters are significant. Seven or so years significant. It's all very frustrating.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm hoping to polish it up and finish it at some point, but right now my printer is broken, and that's hindering me in multiple ways. Here's the way rougher sketch:

And here's some more bare bones sketches. You know, for funsies!

And this, on a totally different note:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So yeah, there's all that! Sorry for the super image filled post.

-Vaiz

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here's a little diddy I sketched in about five minutes the other day. Because I dunno, bored.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Wow, I love all the Jokers

GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd: Not bad man, not bad at all dude!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a thing. I should probably actually finish, ink, and color something one of these days. Unfortunately, I am absolutely unbelievably lazy, and also nothing I draw is ever up to my finishing standards. The curse of idolizing the likes of the best comic book artists on the planet.
Here's a thing. I should probably actually finish, ink, and color something one of these days. Unfortunately, I am absolutely unbelievably lazy, and also nothing I draw is ever up to my finishing standards. The curse of idolizing the likes of the best comic book artists on the planet.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Double posting makes me feel like a total scumbag, just to make that clear.

Eventually I'm going to start writing what all this art has to do with, but my own writing, much like my own art, keeps being not-quite-there as far as my personal standards go. Still, here's these. They're the first two in a set that will probably be of about five or six.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dudeski, your stuff is AMAZING!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Awesome work!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank ya kindly, folks!

So I've recently started doing little sketches with a stylus on my sort of weird off brand Acer droid tablet, and I find the imprecise quality of it (Even zoomed in, I can only get so meticulous) lets me feel a bit more free to mess around, especially with shading, so here are some things I've done with that.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stunning.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay here's more stuff, just some design doodles.

I'm a chronic procrastinator as far as writing goes. I'd rather just doodle.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@vaizd: I was looking through of your older post and I have to say; your Joker looks awesome!

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By VaizD
No Caption Provided

Here's a work in progress thing. I'm playing with inking in such a fashion that it maintains my sort of messy, haphazard sketching style, but can also be a finished product. I KINDA LIKE IT SO FAR.

@vaizd: I was looking through of your older post and I have to say; your Joker looks awesome!

Thanks, man! He's one of my favorites to doodle, you can do so many fun things with his face and interpret him in so many different ways, from goofy to downright terrifying (I obviously prefer downright terrifying).

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@vaizd: I think you hit it right on the head there. Joker's one of the few characters you can go a little crazy (no pun intended) with while drawing and it actually fits the character.

Nice sketch, by the way.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By VaizD
So here's this being still not quite done yet.
So here's this being still not quite done yet.

And here's this also being a work in progress, BECAUSE I DON'T FINISH THINGS EVER.
And here's this also being a work in progress, BECAUSE I DON'T FINISH THINGS EVER.

And another thing that I probably won't finish because blech.
And another thing that I probably won't finish because blech.

It occurs to me, I have a tendency to post in the middle of the night, which is probably not conducive to anyone seeing any of this ever.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@vaizd: These are incredible. Seeing your skill and style progress over the past couple years, all in one thread, is awe-inspiring. Keep it up!

RedDeadJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd: Its not just these days. everyone was always a batman fan. myself included

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By IcePrince_X

great updates.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By VaizD
No Caption Provided

Sketchsketchsketchsketchsketch.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By VaizD
No Caption Provided

IT'S MIDNIGHT AND I'M BORED. SORRY FOR THE DUBS POST, YO.