#1 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm more of a writer than I am a comic book artist. I don't know, my work jsut never really had that sharp edge that so many dynamic artists in the business do. So when I draw things, its usually basic concept art, much like I'm gonna toss up right here:

These pieces are for a soon to be appearing figure in an upcoming title, "Ethipia." It has been worked on by some truly amazing writers and artists and I definitely suggest you pick one up when it comes into production. The writer for the book was kind enough to let me contribute concept sketches during its early stages:

Zuri-

These images are not in my gallery of work, but I thought I might show them, just for now.

Ta

~Two Spirit

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

holy crap...

damn, chalk and charcoal stuff is amazing...

M

#3 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow and wow. If that's basic then I'd be in serious awe of what you'd consider sharp. That's really beautiful

#4 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

you flatter me, but thats actually digital, using Photoshop 7 and a Wacom Tablet.

I actually prefer Charcoal, truth be told, but there's no way I could ever scan it.

#5 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow TS. Those are wicked-awesome. They're just, wow!

#6 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Spirit's that has to be some of the best blends of Chalk and charcoal I have seen in a while. Way to go. I like the one with the face tat and piercings. You attention to details like eye's lips and shading are awsome. Nice job.

#7 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys make me feel the warm fuzzies inside!

VS, Paragon, Zaraki, thanks so much for your very kind words. Its very encouraging to hear such things from y'all.

Zuri's facial tattoo is, in fact, what is called the ESE NE TEKREMA; it's a Western African symbol of friendship and interdependence that translates into "the teeth and tongue."

If you haven't guessed by now, Zuri is African -- Ethipia is the root word for Ethiopia, "The land of Dark Faces."

#8 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Spirit says:

"You guys make me feel the warm fuzzies inside! VS, Paragon, Zaraki, thanks so much for your very kind words. Its very encouraging to hear such things from y'all. Zuri's facial tattoo is, in fact, what is called the ESE NE TEKREMA; it's a Western African symbol of friendship and interdependence that translates into "the teeth and tongue." If you haven't guessed by now, Zuri is African -- Ethipia is the root word for Ethiopia, "The land of Dark Faces.""

I take it you have done research on your characters incase you wanted to do a back story then?

#9 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"Two Spirit says:
"You guys make me feel the warm fuzzies inside! VS, Paragon, Zaraki, thanks so much for your very kind words. Its very encouraging to hear such things from y'all. Zuri's facial tattoo is, in fact, what is called the ESE NE TEKREMA; it's a Western African symbol of friendship and interdependence that translates into "the teeth and tongue." If you haven't guessed by now, Zuri is African -- Ethipia is the root word for Ethiopia, "The land of Dark Faces.""

I take it you have done research on your characters incase you wanted to do a back story then?"

They're not my characters, as I said. They are a fellow writers' characters who gave me permission to concept sketch with him. He already has the first three issues of this title in production. Expect to see it on shelves very soon!

Oh, and if you think my art is nice, then you are going to be absolutely Blown Away by the artist working on this project. He makes me look like an utter joke.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 14:50:01

#10 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Spirit says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Two Spirit says:
I take it you have done research on your characters incase you wanted to do a back story then?"
They're not my characters, as I said. They are a fellow writers' characters who gave me permission to concept sketch with him. He already has the first three issues of this title in production. Expect to see it on shelves very soon! Oh, and if you think my art is nice, then you are going to be absolutely Blown Away by the artist working on this project. He makes me look like an utter joke.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 14:50:01"

Is it an Indie title or will a major label be carrying the stories?

#11 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"Two Spirit says:
"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Two Spirit says:
They're not my characters, as I said. They are a fellow writers' characters who gave me permission to concept sketch with him. He already has the first three issues of this title in production. Expect to see it on shelves very soon! Oh, and if you think my art is nice, then you are going to be absolutely Blown Away by the artist working on this project. He makes me look like an utter joke.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 14:50:01"

Is it an Indie title or will a major label be carrying the stories?"

As of right now, it is an Indie Title. I'll do my best to keep things updated.

In support of the project, I present to y'all the Artist of the series: http://soulglo.deviantart.com/

#12 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

You friend has awesome work. So do you do fanfics or do you have a story that is being published?

#13 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#14 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I write youth books, actually. About horses. Lol! I would love to get one of my -other- stories (meaning the ones not about horses) made into a comic book series, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe if I just keep networking ;-)

#15 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Spirit says:

"I write youth books, actually. About horses. Lol! I would love to get one of my -other- stories (meaning the ones not about horses) made into a comic book series, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe if I just keep networking ;-)"

Good luck on the networking thing. So what are some of the titles you have done already? I have a friend that is obsessed with horses.

#16 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Zaraki Ichigo says:

"Two Spirit says:
"I write youth books, actually. About horses. Lol! I would love to get one of my -other- stories (meaning the ones not about horses) made into a comic book series, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe if I just keep networking ;-)"

Good luck on the networking thing. So what are some of the titles you have done already? I have a friend that is obsessed with horses."

I have been working for some time (okay, two years) on a series called, "The Carbon Copy Chronicles" about a Black Welsh Pony named Carbon. He is, in fact, modeled after my own pony, whom I've owned since I was a child:

At present, only the first book is out, titled "Carbon and the Sunflower Girl." It's under production of Red Hen Press, which is fairly small and local to Virginia
Post Edited:2007-08-12 15:31:38

#17 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Spirit says:

"Zaraki Ichigo says:
"Two Spirit says:
Good luck on the networking thing. So what are some of the titles you have done already? I have a friend that is obsessed with horses."
I have been working for some time (okay, two years) on a series called, "The Carbon Copy Chronicles" about a Black Welsh Pony named Carbon. He is, in fact, modeled after my own pony, whom I've owned since I was a child: At present, only the first book is out, titled "Carbon and the Sunflower Girl." It's under production of Red Hen Press, which is fairly small and local to Virginia
Post Edited:2007-08-12 15:31:38"

So could the book be ordered through Borders or Barnes and Nobles if someone went there?

#18 Posted by Two Spirit (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, wouldn't that be a dream. Sigh. No, at this time, Red Hen does not have the resources with which to supply a mass production of such books. This is my first title with them (what? and already twenty three?) and the arrangement was more a product a supporting an unknown writer than of making money. Hmm, but they do have plans to place the title on their personal website at www.redhen.org , so given patience, you should be able to order it from there!

#19 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Spirit says:

"Oh, wouldn't that be a dream. Sigh. No, at this time, Red Hen does not have the resources with which to supply a mass production of such books. This is my first title with them (what? and already twenty three?) and the arrangement was more a product a supporting an unknown writer than of making money. Hmm, but they do have plans to place the title on their personal website at www.redhen.org , so given patience, you should be able to order it from there!"

23... Wow I feel older everyday. I'm 25, I know it is only two years, but You have a book and are 2 years younger than me. Congrats on that. I guess I will have to wait to buy my friend that book. Oh, and good luck on the next book too.

#20 Posted by endlesone (97 posts) - - Show Bio

can't seemt o shake off about your avatar its from guild wars right?