Tribute to the Torch (spoilerish.... kinda)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

No Caption Provided
Not really much to say. Drew this up after reading a review of the latest FF issue. Hope you guys like it. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tonis
@Gambit1024: beautiful tribute there Gambit, you captured a seriousness and sadness in his eyes that compliments the impact of the situation. 
Really great job on the coloring too.
I think your probably safe on the spoiler, at this point the only way you don't know is if you're hiding under a rock with ear plugs on.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc
@Gambit1024 said:
"

Not really much to say. Drew this up after reading a review of the latest FF issue. Hope you guys like it.  "

I like it.  Nice use of the black background.   

It sucks how the comic creators continue to over-use the "Death of a Character" schtick as a mechanism to bolster interest and therefore sales.  B 
ut since death in comics is  usually temporary; I hope they bring him back soon. 
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gambit1024
@tonis: Thanks, man. I was gonna wait to put this up, but I just decided to go for it anyway. 

@PowerHerc: Thank you. I really dislike how Marvel kills off a good character like once a year only to bring them back in an extremely lame way. The vary fact that Steve Rogers is alive and well still kinda bothers me... 

@M.S. Feather: Thank you kindly. Yeah, I'm gonna miss him. He was probably my favorite member of the team. Oddly enough, he was the only one on it that hasn't died yet, so I guess it was inevitable. He'll be back sooner or later
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

you know they never really showed him dead...so there's a chance that he's just trapped in the Negative Zone

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

That's probably the excuse they'll use to "bring him back". Honestly though, what could he do against Annihilus's army? I mean, there were a LOT of them... 

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonis
@Gambit1024 said:
" That's probably the excuse they'll use to "bring him back". Honestly though, what could he do against Annihilus's army? I mean, there were a LOT of them...  "
hey, nice icon compliment as well on the tribute :) 
I always figured that the torch would as a last result just unleash one monstrous super-nova if he knew there was no other option. Haven't read it yet so no clue how it went. 
No body though eh, definitely stinks of fake deathness there.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gambit1024
@tonis: I agree. Whenever a member of the FF dies they usually bounce back fairly quickly. Like when Thing died during Waid's run, Reed literally built a machine to get into heaven, and bring him back to life (with the help of God who had a striking resemblance to Jack Kirby). 
AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By AndyPhifer
@danhimself said:
"you know they never really showed him dead...so there's a chance that he's just trapped in the Negative Zone "

This. No death unless I see a bug cut his head off. He's obviously alive. He never even fought back. He was just luring them in, then (the second the gate was closed and we see that final shot) he went nova, killed half a million of'm, passed out, got captured so his power can be used as a weapon or whatever and will escape for issue 600. 

Whatever.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Nicely done Gambit. 

I do think he's dead judging from Ben's reaction.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tonis
@andyphifer said:
" @danhimself said:
"you know they never really showed him dead...so there's a chance that he's just trapped in the Negative Zone "
This. No death unless I see a bug cut his head off. He's obviously alive. He never even fought back. He was just luring them in, then (the second the gate was closed and we see that final shot) he went nova, killed half a million of'm, passed out, got captured so his power can be used as a weapon or whatever and will escape for issue 600.  Whatever. "
so he did pull the nova move, good for him :) 

@Gambit1024 said:
" @tonis: I agree. Whenever a member of the FF dies they usually bounce back fairly quickly. Like when Thing died during Waid's run, Reed literally built a machine to get into heaven, and bring him back to life (with the help of God who had a striking resemblance to Jack Kirby).  "
yea, I'd heard of that, funny the coincidence of this weeks quest, that past trick, and this new death. Maybe it's FF vs Heaven Pt Deux  :)
AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AndyPhifer
@tonis:
Sorry, you misunderstood. They DON'T show his death. Just show a bunch of dudes pile on top, then Ben cries. That panel they released yesterday (link) is the actual last panel they show him. So they don't show him dying, just partly covered with dudes. That's where my GUESS went into it - he goes nova the next instant, blah blah blah.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tonis
@andyphifer said:
" @tonis:
Sorry, you misunderstood. They DON'T show his death. Just show a bunch of dudes pile on top, then Ben cries. That panel they released yesterday (link) is the actual last panel they show him. So they don't show him dying, just partly covered with dudes. That's where my GUESS went into it - he goes nova the next instant, blah blah blah. "
no prob, I misunderstand a LOTTA things, so you kinda figure the same thing, that he aint going out without a LIGHT :) 
jeez, it's starting to sound like they're treating the death scenes as trivial as the deaths themselves now. There's no way this could really stick with this kind of set up.
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Really good work Gambit, I like how the white shades gives it a glowing effect

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By batmanary
@Gambit1024:  Great work!!

@andyphifer said:
" @danhimself said:
This. No death unless I see a bug cut his head off. He's obviously alive. He never even fought back. He was just luring them in, then (the second the gate was closed and we see that final shot) he went nova, killed half a million of'm, passed out, got captured so his power can be used as a weapon or whatever and will escape for issue 600.  Whatever. "

That's what I think is gonna happen... making a death this close to issue 600 makes this whole thing smell fishy....plus it's another excuse to get the FF outta the Fear Itself event.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gambit1024
@EGoD: @batmanary: Thanks guys :)