TonyD's Timelapse Sketch Videos (and more!)

tonydtv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tonydtv

Hello all! My name is Tony Diaz and I am a filmmaker based out of Los Angeles. Years ago I had aspirations of becoming a comic book artist, but then I did not. I still keep up drawing, both for my own pleasure and the ability to communicate with other people in my industry (storyboards storyboards storyboards).

On a whim, I started recording sketches I do with my Wacom Cintiq in PhotoShop. For me, it's great to go back and see what I had issues with, where I've wasted time, or where I took a wrong creative turn. I hope for anyone reading this and watching the videos that watching my process helps you work out a process that is satisfying for you.

So I'll start with favorite first, a goofy sketch of an old actress friend, Kat Steel:

There's more on my channel (which I'll be posting here too) and more to come!

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tonydtv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations:

Thanks! I'm on Mac OSX and I use QuickTime to record it. It only records about 10-14 fps, but since I speed it up it doesn't matter. For the speed up I import it into Avid and set it to playback at 1200% then spit it out h264.

How did you make the link clickable? And is there any way to embed video?

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonydtv:

Thanks, I work with windows and was hoping for something other than Quick Time. :p

Mac is great but I prefer Windows myself.

When you edit or respond there should be a link button in the menu. Just Follow from there.

Looking forward to more art videos. You are talented. :)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice...you are very talented.

tonydtv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys! Will post more once I figure out how to post links (maybe bc I'm on an iPad? Dunno). In the meantime, there's more videos on my YouTube page!

tonydtv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, it was the iPad. Here's a few more!

Here's a time-lapse of hands drawings. They're tough as hell to get right, so practice practice practice:

Loading Video...

Up next is a full body sketch. I'm a big fan of Glenn Vilppu's anatomy and Mike Matessi's force drawing. Not a fan of the clothing choice I made that muted the hell out of the pose:

Loading Video...