The Drone - Human Error

zebracloak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello Everybody,

This is a fake cover I made over spring break. It's the most experimental I've been while coloring and shading my OC, The Drone. This is not a cover for a real graphic novel - yet. I do plan on writing a graphic novel with this character, but as of now my life is to busy for me to dedicate the appropriate time and energy to not only write something, but also to improve my skills to a level that would be adequate for a graphic novel.

Either way, I'll keep drawing when I have the time.

I wanted to incorporate police lights somehow in the background, but for the life of me couldn't make anything work. I might revisit this down the road and give it a proper background.

No Caption Provided

Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

Thanks,

Zack

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might suggest grounding the character in some way. I like the illustration and color, but the character seems to be floating in space even though the stance shows him grounded.

As far as typography goes, in the title, I would add some space around it. Everything looks pushed out to the sides and slammed at the top. Drop it down a bit and reduce slightly to let it breath in the space. Just my take...

Nice Job!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#3 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Very nice work! :D

zebracloak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zebracloak

@anbu_b_team:

Hey, thank you for the advice! I agree that the character does look like he's floating, I just couldn't figure a suitable background out. I had planned on putting cop cars behind him, hence the coloring, but I'm not sure. I appreciate the advice on the title placement. I played with it quite awhile but I guess it needs work!

@bumpyboo Thanks, mate!

I seriously appreciate the feedback, folks. I don't get a lot of it.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zebracloak: I hope you don't mind, but I really quickly played with your design...Just added a shadow and lightened the background slightly.

No Caption Provided

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@bumpyboo Thanks, mate!

I seriously appreciate the feedback, folks. I don't get a lot of it.

No problem and hey, feel free to tag me when you post more art, I love checking out new stuff and would be happy to give some input :)

zebracloak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: Hey man, thanks for that re-edit. I see what you mean. I'll work on something like that when I have the time. I would probably do two shadows though, since I did my best to draw him with two light sources to either side of him. Thanks again!

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Zack, stuff's looking good. I'm not an artist myself but I can see what @anbu_b_team is talking about. I think you're definitely on the right track though :D

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zebracloak: The two shadows idea sounds really cool. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

zebracloak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zebracloak

@anbu_b_team

I have been working a little bit on it. I'm not sure if the two shadows are working or not. I still have to fine-tune it. I shrunk the title down too, though I'm not sure if I did enough or too much.

No Caption Provided

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zebracloak: It looks like your Blue - Red gradient has become more Vertical. The two shadows was a cool idea if the gradient remains more horizontal. Two light sources creating two shadows.

I might try dropping the opacity of the shadows so you can see them overlap through one another. What program are you editing this in.

zebracloak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zebracloak

@anbu_b_team I draw and edit on pixlr.com. It pretty much sucks but I will get Adobe CC next fall for school.

I played around with it more:

No Caption Provided