• 104 results
#51 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Ni-i-i-ice

#52 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, when iss the next sequence coming out??? Ill blog about this til the cows come home, any more; please say YES

#53 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing. The backgrounds are filled with detail that you could look at a rock and still make it interesting. I also really like the expressions on the characters. I think you did a great job with the way they look and I really like yours art.  

Amazing.

#54 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

This.

#55 Posted by Delphic (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: This Sir is amazing. Some panels even seem reminiscent of Alex Ross or some of J.G. Jones covers.

#56 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...very cool....want more!!!!

#57 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's feet look a bit funny to me in the running shot of just his feet, but other than that minor, petty, insignificant gripe: THAT MY DEAR FRIEND IS AMAZING!!! OUTSTANDING WORK!!!

#58 Posted by batkevin74 (10369 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you do commissions?

#59 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

Do you do commissions?

Agreed, and sir i do believe your work is awesome *puts on monnocel* and awesome indeed.

Keep up the awesome work, i gotta see how this will turn out.

#60 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Hi, sorry about the looong delayed answer, my bad, been away for a while, back now, and yes, I do, if you´re still interested, hahaha.

#61 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Very well done. Props.

#62 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984: Hi friend, sorry for the really late answer. I have a new sequence layout made for this, but right now I´m doing some new project work.

I´d do this right away if I knew it would bring some attention from big companies( Marvel or Dc) but I don´t think it´s the way to do it, It just didn´t create the buzz I expected it to create, maybe If I do more it will, but for now I´m just trying a lot of different things to see what works best. The goal will allways be working in the comic business haha. Thank you so much for your support.

#63 Edited by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: OMG, just saw your return of Sentry strip.. wow, just wow. Seriously, you should try to work for a publishing company if you aren't already. Not only can you draw, it seems you have good story ideas!

#64 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's awesome, besto luck :)

#65 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: I don't know how on God's green Earth I missed this but WOW. I am totally amazed.

You totally deserve a chance at illustrating a comic book. If DC and/or Marvel haven't yet noticed your talent, perhaps you should do what you can to promote yourself with the Independent comic book publishers. Man...get your talent showcased and get companies to notice you, because the artwork you've posted not just here but on your page...just incredible.

Do wish you luck and hope something comes through for you with a publisher..SOON.

#66 Posted by WillPayton (9046 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent! The stuff on your website looks really good too.

#67 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

How did I miss this? This is just as good as the other topic you posted. You deserve to be hired ASAP.

#68 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

DC needs to hire you, now.

#69 Posted by batkevin74 (10369 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks very nice, and great storytelling.

#71 Posted by ProofPudding (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work.

#72 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio
ME GUSTA
#73 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17514 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that's all I have to say just wow !

#74 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Hey man, thanks a lot for your interest. Right now I can only do commission work. How many pages you think this could be? send me a message with the details. Cheers

#75 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks you all for your support, really appreciate it!

#76 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

DC should higher you ;)

#77 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good stuff

#78 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

This is incredible! I can't believe I missed this the first time around. O_O

#79 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5944 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap! This is better than 90% of whats in the books I read

#80 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy f**k.

#81 Posted by Alak (920 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks fantastic! Keep up the good work!

#82 Posted by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic! I do agree with some of the criticisms, like the Batman running thing. But overall, it's a thing to behold.

#83 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: First off: Welcome to Comic Vine! :)

Secondly: Dude, this is awesome!!! :D

#84 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17158 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY SH*T!

#85 Posted by flazam (2465 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like real comic book art!!

#86 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: First off: Welcome to Comic Vine! :)

Secondly: Dude, this is awesome!!! :D

This was posted 1 year, 2 months ago.So what is your point exactly?

#87 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

@sylvain: I was tired last night and I only noticed the post count, not the time it was posted. :P

#88 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (545 posts) - - Show Bio

Meet DC NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#89 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3874 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! How.... I mean... what... I, I, I... I've gotta go!

#90 Posted by Arinya (409 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...this is pretty spectacular. Are you doing any professional work or is this all fan art?

Who ever bumped this thanks!

#91 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (545 posts) - - Show Bio

@arinya said:

Wow...this is pretty spectacular. Are you doing any professional work or is this all fan art?

Who ever bumped this thanks!

you're welcome

#92 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

Good art.

#93 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio
#95 Posted by AmazingAngel (4020 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: Wow this is really great quality dude, do you do commisions, because I would love to see some more of your work. Super interested

#96 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Knocked it out of the park, man. Zero criticism, and I'm not usually one of those who posts in these threads with nothing but meaningless praise.

Okay well, maybe Batman's feet are a little too close together in that one panel where he's supposed to be running. Doesn't impart a great sense of movement.

#97 Posted by superbatspiderclops (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I quit

#98 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

The ONLY thing I noticed as slightly "off" quality wise is panel 1, page 2 - batman's feet. They are two close together (doesn't show the level of speed or movement he would be doing) - is he landing from jumping over the log? Starting to run? it's an awkward placement. and the actual look of them....something just isn't quite right, but I can't put my finger on it. I only point it out because the artwork is clearly amazing and professional throughout, for me personally their the only things that stop it looking like something Jim Lee or some other artist has actually put into a comic.

Someone else mentioned you could have cut down on the batman running shots - maybe had a jungle shot with some "commotion" effect - although you've done no text at all (not even any onomatopoeia) so this would probably add that in anyway if you added that in at some stage. Same person mentioned Batman's cape in the final panel - you wouldn't be able to see muscle definition through the cape - it would just be downward streaks and shadows - just like you've done elsewhere. Maybe that's another thing - the cape in the first shot of batman running through the forest - I would have thought there'd be shading ,not just streaked lines.

Lastly, Supe's costme. He has no cape and no discernible seam lines near his neck line or anything - without the symbol I would have thought he was naked. I had to study it to see the lines around his wrist. Needs his belt (unless there's some reason he isn't wearing it of course). Without the undies it makes me think new 52, which has a collar and the sleeves come down onto his hands. So yeah - that's all the input/critique I'd give it as an observer - but your skills are top-notch and I am DYING to see the next pages and keep seeing the story.

This is intended as observation/constructive criticism BTW - you drawn waaaaaay above my level so please don't take it the wrong way.

#99 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say it's great! Keep it up man it's very promising.

#100 Posted by fiodestromus (965 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude this is awesome

lol when I saw this I was like....."I'm just going to give up" Game Over Man,Game Over