• 104 results
#1 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4420 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW this is awesome! :)

#3 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude your work is AWSOME!!! Your Superman looks p*ssed..I LOVE IT!! Keep up the good work and please post more!!

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o Dude, This is awesome!!!!

#5 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

ya this would be a superman I'd actually think was worth following.

#6 Posted by Izaiah (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant art.

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (57903 posts) - - Show Bio

excellent
BB

#8 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#9 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega: Thank you so much!

#10 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25: hey man thanks a lot!

#11 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by 1frankcastle4 (180 posts) - - Show Bio

love the work and the pencils. excited to see more

#13 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW! That looks freaking awesome, really good job!

Superman: Irredeemable

#14 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj: hey man, thanks for the feed back...I can´t access that...what is it?

#15 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

That's amazing. Great job! I'd buy that comic.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks absolutely fantastic! Please, please, please make more of this.

#17 Edited by RMurray (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly:
WOW
Your artwork has so much visceral appeal to it, I can't even begin to explain. So many amazing things going on here. Just fantastic work!

For some constructive criticism:
Overall, I feel as though there is a bit too much of Batman running without knowing what he's running from, without establishing that he's running FROM something rather than AFTER something. In my opinion you can condense/remove a few of the panels without losing any of the momentum you've built into the story. The shot of the boots hitting the ground (and the frog jumping away is genius) can be removed, same with the panel before it of him hopping over the log. It's hard to discern that he's hopping over the log from the perfectly downwards point of view. Still a cool panel, but by this point I feel as though we know he's running through the jungle from the previous panel (page 1, panel 3). 

The Superman reveal at the end is great, but I think a little foreshadowing of Batman actually running away from something at the end of page 1 or beginning of Page 2 would really help clue us in that he's being chased. You could even pepper in some smoke on the horizon in the very first panel of page 1 to show us that there is something very wrong.

Breaking down the pages, it is sort of in chunks:
Running
Running
Looking
Reacting 

Mixing it up, peppering a few of each would help make the flow feel less chunky. Running, Looking, Running, Reacting!

I think you'd find a much more cohesive and emotional flow if we had a close up of Batman's stressed face somewhere early, then some running, then a close up of him sensing the imminent danger and preparing himself. THEN have Superman rocket into the story with the explosion, and the huge splash reveal. The actual panel of the explosion, with chunks of ground and the huge fireball is amazing...but it takes place in the jungle! We need pieces of tree, branches, roots, leaves, and chunks of ground flying! The first two pages have the jungle rendered gorgeously, and then we get an explosion that seems more like road flying at Batman rather than the moody trees.

The Superman splash page is something to behold. Dare I say iconic, even. My only "gripes" would be that it's hard to discern if it's Hal Jordan or Nightwing in Supes' grasp. If it's Green Lantern, their suits are made of energy and unable to be "held" like Superman is holding.

Batman in the foreground looks like he isn't wearing a cape, even though I believe it is draped backwards since he's reacting. What about throwing in some wear/tear into the cape? Have it dangling off of him in tatters after surviving the blast and the forest shrapnel that was flung in his direction?

In all seriousness, though, I think we're all floored here. I think you can really fine-tune this into something that will turn even more heads than you've done already. And please don't take my feedback as negative, I'm just F'N amazed here! :D

#18 Posted by Raiiyn (3450 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: Absolutely Amazing! =) <3 it!

#19 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Dernman (14883 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#21 Edited by nickthedevil (11814 posts) - - Show Bio

looked at your blog... excellent works. absolutely.

#22 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly: WOW Your artwork has so much visceral appeal to it, I can't even begin to explain. So many amazing things going on here. Just fantastic work! For some constructive criticism: Overall, I feel as though there is a bit too much of Batman running without knowing what he's running from, without establishing that he's running FROM something rather than AFTER something. In my opinion you can condense/remove a few of the panels without losing any of the momentum you've built into the story. The shot of the boots hitting the ground (and the frog jumping away is genius) can be removed, same with the panel before it of him hopping over the log. It's hard to discern that he's hopping over the log from the perfectly downwards point of view. Still a cool panel, but by this point I feel as though we know he's running through the jungle from the previous panel (page 1, panel 3). The Superman reveal at the end is great, but I think a little foreshadowing of Batman actually running away from something at the end of page 1 or beginning of Page 2 would really help clue us in that he's being chased. You could even pepper in some smoke on the horizon in the very first panel of page 1 to show us that there is something very wrong. Breaking down the pages, it is sort of in chunks: Running Running Looking Reacting Mixing it up, peppering a few of each would help make the flow feel less chunky. Running, Looking, Running, Reacting! I think you'd find a much more cohesive and emotional flow if we had a close up of Batman's stressed face somewhere early, then some running, then a close up of him sensing the imminent danger and preparing himself. THEN have Superman rocket into the story with the explosion, and the huge splash reveal. The actual panel of the explosion, with chunks of ground and the huge fireball is amazing...but it takes place in the jungle! We need pieces of tree, branches, roots, leaves, and chunks of ground flying! The first two pages have the jungle rendered gorgeously, and then we get an explosion that seems more like road flying at Batman rather than the moody trees. The Superman splash page is something to behold. Dare I say iconic, even. My only "gripes" would be that it's hard to discern if it's Hal Jordan or Nightwing in Supes' grasp. If it's Green Lantern, their suits are made of energy and unable to be "held" like Superman is holding. Batman in the foreground looks like he isn't wearing a cape, even though I believe it is draped backwards since he's reacting. What about throwing in some wear/tear into the cape? Have it dangling off of him in tatters after surviving the blast and the forest shrapnel that was flung in his direction? In all seriousness, though, I think we're all floored here. I think you can really fine-tune this into something that will turn even more heads than you've done already. And please don't take my feedback as negative, I'm just F'N amazed here! :D

Everything that has been said here, plus I would like to add that if you are trying the out-of-bounds style for the panels, don't repeat it too often. People will grow weary of it.

#23 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

really great flow, it stands solid in explanation without any words needed and I totally dig both your Batman and Superman. You've made cool looking character look EVEN cooler :)

#24 Posted by FALLENprophet (6557 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk:

#25 Posted by Icon (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really fantastic. Seriously good.

#26 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: very impressed.

#27 Posted by J1ml33 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

Your Sample is Impressive ..Better than What I can do at the moment but Impressive ^_^ 

and the rest I am speechless about ..

keep fighting the good fight ..

#28 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone get this person a contract!

#29 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

y-you did that?

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!

#30 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk:

This is great stuff!

If you need to have some lettering put on it, PLMK.

#31 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: Fuggin' great as always!

#32 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (532 posts) - - Show Bio

It's people like you sir that make me wish I could draw more than stick-people! Great Job!

#33 Posted by rogueparadigm (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: Awesome Pencils! Very cool! Would love to see it inked and colored sometime!

#34 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, what great artwork!!!  
DC needs to hire you!!!

#35 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you so much for the feedback people :D

#36 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Great Art Work.

#37 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. You should do comics.

#38 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

Your artwork is very interesting , I could sit and talk about it for hours. I draw and paint, I actually used to sell my pics for candy money in Chicago as a kid. Your art reminds me of some of the good stuff from the mid 80's to mid 90's, it's good man!

#39 Posted by Onemoreposter (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it, love it, love it, love it, LOVE IT....except for that bat-pupil I caught on page three.

KEEP THE EYES SOLID WHITE YO!

#40 Posted by batkevin74 (10583 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: That is fantastic! Nice work, I need to read this story. Well done!

#41 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY $#!+!!!! THATS AWESOME! It kinda looks like a zombie Superman alos...gret work dude!

#42 Posted by Mercy_ (92673 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

#43 Edited by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

EDIT: I actually was planning on using this originally anyway >.> Mercy, you image-quote-stealer!

#44 Posted by HolySerpent (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve of this awesomeness

#45 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Freaking awesome! O_O Good job, man!
#46 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (836 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say this again, lik I did in my blog post bout this: HOLY $#!+ this IS AWSESOME!

#47 Posted by sora_thekey (8158 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa Nelly! THAT IS AMAZING!

#48 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3722 posts) - - Show Bio

That`s such talent.

Start drawing and publishing your comics, please.

#49 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to see more of this. Excellent work.

#50 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

this dope!