Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RamsIllustrations

Been sketching different things, got the inks done on this and plan to have the colors soon. Practicing my female curves for this piece. :P

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hope you guys like, enjoy!!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Beautiful, can't wait to see it coloured in :D

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tomlikesfries

You drew that?! Holy crap, it's fantastic!

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Onemoreposter

Awesome dude. I think her right hand looks funny though, like it shouldn't be able bend that far around.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ARMIV2

I'm kinda with Onemoreposter on the arm, but even then it is still an incredibly gorgeous piece.

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Blizaga101

Really stunning, amazing line work, you really have a knack for poses. Adds a bit extra to a piece of art. And love the cat "hang in there baby"

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By KEROGA

@RamsIllustrations: epic and sexy! one thing i love is sexy covers.lol

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@BumpyBoo: @tomlikesfries: @Blizaga101: @KEROGA:

Thanks so much for all the positive comments! :D

@Onemoreposter: @ARMIV2: I am glad both of you liked it so far, I did see that before I actually finished the inks. It is iffy and so I changed it. I as probably a lot of us comic book artists do not use references for my anatomy. It's always smarter too but relying on it will slow you down if you have to meet a deadline. Every so often there will be something quirky that I hadn't caught or too far into the drawing to fix it! :P

COLOR VERSION IS UP!!! :D

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

^_^

Wow...this might be my favourite one of yours so far :D

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BumpyBoo:

Thanks so much! I keep trying to improve with every new piece. Not always attainable but I do try. (8P

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@RamsIllustrations said:

@BumpyBoo:

Thanks so much! I keep trying to improve with every new piece. Not always attainable but I do try. (8P

Well I am kind of fussy about Catwoman, but she looks so stylish and elegant. Sexy, but tasteful (and my mum liked it too :P)

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BumpyBoo:

I'm glad she liked it too! I am trying to formulate my approach and you pretty much hit it on the head as to what I am doing. At least on my end I am accomplishing what my intentions are. Sexy not vulgar is what I want my art to imply when I attach my signature to it.

Something that is eye-catching and the reader can enjoy the experience. ;P

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@RamsIllustrations said:

@BumpyBoo:

I'm glad she liked it too! I am trying to formulate my approach and you pretty much hit it on the head as to what I am doing. At least on my end I am accomplishing what my intentions are. Sexy not vulgar is what I want my art to imply when I attach my signature to it.

Something that is eye-catching and the reader can enjoy the experience. ;P

You definitely achieved that. It's a very classy picture :D

1frankcastle4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By 1frankcastle4

really diggin the oldschool catwoman! nice! , what do you use to color your pictures, im just beginning to do the digital thing. extremely far behind

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ARMIV2

@RamsIllustrations said:

@BumpyBoo: @tomlikesfries: @Blizaga101: @KEROGA:

Thanks so much for all the positive comments! :D

@Onemoreposter: @ARMIV2: I am glad both of you liked it so far, I did see that before I actually finished the inks. It is iffy and so I changed it. I as probably a lot of us comic book artists do not use references for my anatomy. It's always smarter too but relying on it will slow you down if you have to meet a deadline. Every so often there will be something quirky that I hadn't caught or too far into the drawing to fix it! :P

COLOR VERSION IS UP!!! :D

Yeah, I totally agree with you there.

And, my gosh, that colored version is just so bloody gorgeous.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Onemoreposter

@RamsIllustrations: Redesign on the hand looks good. Dig the costume choice too. It's like a blend between the suit from the 90's (my favorite) and her current one. Very unique look. Cool stuff man.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ssejllenrad

@RamsIllustrations: Absolutely wonderful! I love the details! The cat's expression is priceless! And that little nip-mark... Wow! Nyehehehe!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BumpyBoo:

Thank u! :)

@1frankcastle4:

I use Sketchbook pro 2011. Extremely useful very intuitive and a great non cluttered area to work with. Glad you liked the results!

@ARMIV2:

Hey there Armiv glad I gave u a little eyecandy Bud! :P Thanks for the thumbs up!

@Onemoreposter:

Thanks! I gave her the kind of hand that has that Meauw movement she would make as she purred the word out. :D Yeah I kinda mixed the two costumes to give it a fresh look with the old one being the main focus.

@ssejllenrad:

Naughty u, how did u spot that? Hehehe, humor as u know is always a point I use from time to time to give my art a more light hearted feel. :P

Thanks Bud always appreciate your comments!

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By kiss_lamia

@RamsIllustrations:awesome purple catwoman was cool :D great piece :D

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By willpayton

Man, that's pretty awesome. Really like the inked version. Agree that the angle of the right hand was a little weird.

Dont like the colored version as much as the inked one. The highlights dont look quite right and it looks too "airbrushy" for my taste.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiss_lamia: Thank u! :)

@WillPayton: Glad I satisfied at least one aspect with my inks. :)

I really never expect to get everyone to like my colored style. I made a conscious decision when I adopted it. I wanted to add vibrant colors that make u wanna eat or lick them. Kinda like a candy. They pop out at you. For the purists and artists who prefer a more muted and realistic effect, I will never gain your votes on that level. My art is not directed towards the purists... hehehe

I know you work with lighting and things of that nature and can spot errors which at times are me pushing the realistc limits of my art. Remember when others post their work "you" included I see many things too. :P

We all will always have imperfections in our work, pros included. It's what can give the stamp of that artist that is easily recognizable. Of course everyone has room for improvement and I myself have a long way to go.

My point in all of this is that I have chosen to go with a surrealistic coloring style which will always make a person that is more into realism cringe. I love comics for what they are, over the top and eyecatching, this just happens to be my way of expressing myself. Im not trying to gain the approval out of everyone just my own vision. The environment that I create is something of a fantasy that brings people in, away from the realism of what life really is. :)

On where the light source is, there is multi directional light sources in the drawing, I kept being interrupted and did not take enough time to figure exactly where in conjunction with the shadows on the rocks. Most people will not notice this but you do because that is the kind of work that you are involved in. Hopefully you can maybe understand why I take my liberties. The hand was something that I decided had a need for change. I did test it out in a mirror and did the pose for someone and it was kind of workable but it was so noticeable that I felt it distracted from the rest of the drawing.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

@RamsIllustrations said:

@WillPayton: Glad I satisfied at least one aspect with my inks. :)

I really never expect to get everyone to like my colored style. I made a conscious decision when I adopted it. I wanted to add vibrant colors that make u wanna eat or lick them. Kinda like a candy. They pop out at you. For the purists and artists who prefer a more muted and realistic effect, I will never gain your votes on that level. My art is not directed towards the purists... hehehe

I know you work with lighting and things of that nature and can spot errors which at times are me pushing the realistc limits of my art. Remember when others post their work "you" included I see many things too. :P

We all will always have imperfections in our work, pros included. It's what can give the stamp of that artist that is easily recognizable. Of course everyone has room for improvement and I myself have a long way to go.

My point in all of this is that I have chosen to go with a surrealistic coloring style which will always make a person that is more into realism cringe. I love comics for what they are, over the top and eyecatching, this just happens to be my way of expressing myself. Im not trying to gain the approval out of everyone just my own vision. The environment that I create is something of a fantasy that brings people in, away from the realism of what life really is. :)

On where the light source is, there is multi directional light sources in the drawing, I kept being interrupted and did not take enough time to figure exactly where in conjunction with the shadows on the rocks. Most people will not notice this but you do because that is the kind of work that you are involved in. Hopefully you can maybe understand why I take my liberties. The hand was something that I decided had a need for change. I did test it out in a mirror and did the pose for someone and it was kind of workable but it was so noticeable that I felt it distracted from the rest of the drawing.

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. I wasnt suggesting that the colored version wasnt good (it is), or that you should change the style... not at all. I only meant that for me, for my taste, I like the inked one better. I think the line work is really nice and clean, and just generally has good proportions.

I only wanted to throw my opinion out there as a point of reference... in the sense that if you hear the same criticism again later, you can have a better understanding of where it's coming from. I mean, a lot of times people give opinions about whether they like or dont like something, but they dont say exactly why. Actually, they dont know why. And that's fine and all, but to the artist it's not really helpful advice. I prefer to say if I like it or not, and then give specific reasons if I can. That way the artist can tell if I thought there's a technical issue (something that can be fixed), or it's just a stylistic thing, in which case it just helps them judge how others perceive the style. It might even be that you think you're going for a certain "look", like lets say if you're going for a Disney cartoonish style, but everyone that looks at it thinks it's too anime. That's a stylistic criticism, but it's helpful because now you can adjust it to get what you're going for.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton:

I took a poll in private messaging on the Wolverine piece. Your opinion was also part of that. Over all I wanted a response on the muted colors against the stronger colors. It wasn't overwhelming going in either direction but more voted for the colorful version. (I want to thank the guys here on the Vine that took the time to give me their opinions! Thanks again!) Due to the fact that I do like the way my results are in coloring, I decided that's the way I wanted to go.

If in time I change my mind I can always go the other way towards a more realistic approach. As you can see my main effort has been in the drawing underneath, my years of practice and time where mostly spent on my linework, penciling and inking and of course telling a story. All of which I hope will eventually land me a job in this field. My colors are not part of my portfolio. Not looking for a job as a colorist. I do it for fun kinda the cherry on the top. Just dabbling. :P

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

Wicked as always mate! And the cat struggling off the cliff there is hilarious!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By willpayton

@Deranged Midget said:

Wicked as always mate! And the cat struggling off the cliff there is hilarious!

I agree, I really liked the cat too. =) Nice touch.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By satyrgod

Rrrawwrrrrr.

Love the detail, and those heels! Sign it, number it, frame it, tell me how I can buy one!

The thing with the arm (it took me a minute to see why it appears a bit awkward) is that it's too small. Being the limb in front, it should be bigger than the limb in the background. Personally, I don't have that much wrist mobility but she's more dextrous, more agile, more versatile than average, right?

Hey, could you do one with Batman embracing her from behind, kind of like he wants her but can't quite have her; she's elusive and in control..?

Hope you're making money from these, they're too good to not market.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

SOME ONE CATCH IT!!!

Amazing stuff

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deranged Midget: @Jonny_Anonymous:

Glad you guys like it and the humor attached! :P

@satyrgod:

Take a look again, you sure the arm is too small? :)

I have a few ideas in mind for a Batman/Catwoman, not sure with the time I have at the moment when I can get to it but will give u a heads up on it. I do have a Wolverine massacre in a church that I plan to do soon.

I will be ready by next year, right now I am just molding and polishing my work, fine tuning it so it has a consistent look. Also working on my speed. Almost there but I want to be ready if my opportunity appears to not drop the ball when I get work. =D

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Love your art! Keep em' coming!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By willpayton

@RamsIllustrations said:

@satyrgod:

Take a look again, you sure the arm is too small? :)

I think satyrgod's right. The foreground arm should be slightly larger (wider) than the background one, but it's actually very slightly smaller. It's almost imperceptible, I only noticed it after it was pointed out.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Love your art! Keep em' coming!

Thanks man, I will! Keep an eye out... :)

@WillPayton: Yes, I was just messin' with him, he was correct. :P

SynysterBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SynysterBear

@RamsIllustrations said:

Been sketching different things, got the inks done on this and plan to have the colors soon. Practicing my female curves for this piece. :P

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hope you guys like, enjoy!!

Those are really good, although I prefer the sketch to the coloured version.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SynysterBear:

Thanks, as I mentioned before I dabble in color but my focus has always been on the art underneath. Have had an overwhelming support on the color for this, a matter of preference I guess. :)