#1 Posted by Dunners (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man in a Captain America costume would be very interesting, so lets see what people will come up with?

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I like this. I'll see if I can cook something up soon

#3 Posted by Dunners (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's what i got, I know i cant draw but i tried :)

Captain Spidey-America or just Captain Spidey.

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have to sketch this! Sounds fun!

#5 Posted by Dunners (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on, at least someone try it! ha

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a design, but I can't come up with a color scheme. I do want webbing somewhere in there though.........

Anyone who wants to give that a shot is absolutely welcome.

Here's an uncolored prototype inspired by the Iron Spider and Cap's Marvel NOW! look:

#7 Posted by Dunners (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: loving the helmet design:) i'd imagine spidey would use his web to make his shield that's what i was trying to get at but as you can see i'm terrible at drawing lol!

#8 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: @Dunners: Very nice sketches brosss

#9 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@Gambit1024: @Dunners: Very nice sketches brosss

#10 Posted by Joygirl (15330 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit1024, that is the freakin' bomb, so perfect!

#11 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: How about that ?

I really loved your drawing so I gave it a try. I put some obvious colors, and I think it looks good. I didn't really know what to do with the spider symbol so I left it white for the moment, waiting for suggestions. I tried the red and white stripes (like, one leg white, one leg red and so on),but it didn't fit really well... Also, what's this belly button ? :p

BTW, the "American Arachnid" name you gave it is awesome !

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dunners: Thanks! The helmet was the first thing I imagined. At first I thought of making it a full facemask, but that looked too Red Hood-looking.

@MadeinBangladesh: @PlasticBag: @Joygirl: Thanks guys :)

@Vermoot: That was the obvious color scheme I was going to put up, but... Idk. I feel it lacks something. I was thinking lots of black and red (similar to USAgent). Feels too Captain America and not enough Spider-Man, ya know? On the spider logo, I was thinking about doing an American flag print inside of it. Hard to explain, but that might be too complicated to put into such a small space. Idk what I want, lol. The button was supposed to fill the space for his not-utility belt, but now it just feels out of place and dumb, lol. Great coloring job, though :)

And yes, his name is American Arachnid, and I'm sticking with it :P

#13 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Yes some more original color scheme would be nice, but all I can think of looks too Iron Spider-y, or does not remind of the two characters enough. It's hard to think of something that looks like Captain America AND Spider-Man, but looks badass too ;)

Your design looks very Ultimate-like, idk why... Maybe because he looks so young :) Or because the Marvel NOW Cap costume looks like Ultimate cap. Anyways, it's great, I really like the idea !

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vermoot: It's weird too, because Cap and Spidey have almost the exact same color scheme, lol. That's why I think something completely different, yet familiar (via USAgent) might be better for an amalgam like this. Originally I was going to use a more Venom-ish look, but the Iron Spider felt more..... patriotic? Idk, lol.

I was going for a younger Peter Parker, so that's probably why it looks Ultimate-like. The helmet design is also heavily inspired by the look Cap had in Ultimates 2. The one with his WWII helmet and the straps.

#15 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump ? (I really really like the idea, and I'm curious what can do with his design :))

#16 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of considering turning the helmet into a full face mask. This feels too Cap and not enough Spidey. Let me know what you guys think. :)

#17 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff :)

#18 Posted by joewell (6240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Kind of considering turning the helmet into a full face mask. This feels too Cap and not enough Spidey. Let me know what you guys think. :)

Nahhhh keep the helm you got

#19 Posted by artiom1q2w (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#20 Posted by Vermoot (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, you beat me :D Might be a little bit too dark for me though, and indeed it feels too Cap and not enough Spidey. But it's Grrrreat !

#21 Posted by Onemoreposter (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, Pete would actually make a great replacement for ol Cap in a What if? story.