Sneak peek at the second cover

rocketpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By rocketpig

The cover (and first page) won't be posted to the site until next week but I thought I'd post it here and see what you guys think. I felt it was necessary to switch up my coloring style to the more commonly used gradient style in mainstream books (a departure from my previous cell-shaded work) to step it up for the second issue of the book. By the end of the first issue, I felt as if I was hitting a wall with the cell-shading and it wasn't giving me the look I really wanted to see from the comic. 

Looking at the the cover, I'd say this move was a step in the right direction. While this process takes a little longer than cell-shading, I'm hoping that I speed up and get better at it as I get more pages under my belt. Also, I've rededicated myself to my line quality because, looking back, I felt as if my inks were the most personally disappointing aspect of the first issue. 

Overall, I'm just trying to step it up in every aspect of the book, really. We'll see if it pans out or if I drive myself nuts trying to pull it off. 

You can see the first issue (and later, the second) at: http://variables.selfcentent.com 

No Caption Provided