• 95 results
#1 Edited by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

It's simple, You must to draw Skeletor, the Overload of Evil, from Masters of the Universe. You can choose any scenario or situation BUT Include the Havov Staff and his sword in his hands.

Here some pics:

END TIME: August 23th, 11:00PM Central Standard Time USA.
#2 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Dude. Seriously, this is awesome, love the idea. Can't wait to see everyone's work!

#3 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: yea, second Decept-O's sentiments, really good pick. Always liked ole skull face :)

#4 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Man !!!!!! I was trying to limit my entries but its hard to pass this one up !

#5 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry about the size.

#6 Posted by Dr3w_Tim0 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill be in one this one, just have to find the time.

#7 Posted by evildupe (17 posts) - - Show Bio
@SteveRodgers:  Pretty cool.
#8 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio
@evildupe: thanks
#9 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@SteveRodgers: Nice design !!!!
#10 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

in for this!!!

#11 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

sketch. traditional. don't know if i'll ink it or not. just wanted to enter. 

#12 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa, I don't think I've ever even drawn a skeleton. If what I churn out is rubbish it ain't going in this thread, that's for sure.

#13 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunjin: Nice work, man, really wicked looking. Hope you do add inks but this is great work.

#14 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin: superb job! 
I like the scowl / grin on his face!
#15 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: thank you sir. i added these inks just per your request.. the blood is for takashi miike though. the filter effect is a little blurry. 

@spawndon: thank you as well.
#16 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunjin: Oh, man that is nice and SICK! You upped the ante for ol' Skeletor! I have a feeling this contest is going to kick so much @$$ already! Great job.

#17 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin: Nice design, blood looks always great!!!
#18 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin: That is Excellent!! Two thumbs up!!
#19 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:@deadpool1109@maxicere

thank you gents. maxi you make entering these competitions pretty damn tough sometimes haha. awesome work.
#20 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin:  I'm not here for competition. I'm here for the motivation, creation and design. I didn't draw for years (10 years). These competitions motivated me to draw. Now, I draw 4hs for day and enjoy this.
#21 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@maxicere: Love Your Skeletor ! It's epic!
#22 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, we're getting some kick ass He-Man mojo here, great stuff so far guys :)

@maxicere said:

@gunjin: I'm not here for competition. I'm here for the motivation, creation and design. I didn't draw for years (10 years). These competitions motivated me to draw. Now, I draw 4hs for day and enjoy this.

right there with you buddy, was like 8 years for me till this place got that itch going crazy again. There's a lot of inspiration in this community and they start with pieces like yours :)

#23 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

haha it's going to be hard to beat that, I thought of drawing his panther as well. teaser shot, should be coloring it tomorrow.

#24 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron: damn man, you like the king of tease :)

that looks like the start of something wickedly epic.

#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis

@Om1kron: damn man, you like the king of tease :)

that looks like the start of something wickedly epic.

And we all know how much you enjoy getting teased ;)

Freaking awesome entries. Maxicere is one of my favorite new artists.
#26 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron: Looking fantastic already. Waiting to see the end result.

#27 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanks all for the comments!

@Om1kron: Awesome work!! I can't wait to see the final pic.
#28 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Dang, I actually missed this one! Wow, that is great work to say the least. Love the style you have going. Excellent.

#29 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron: Teasing as usual I see... Havent seen your work in a while!! looking for ward to it!
#30 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Max's entry is waaaay better than mine. But it's still for fun no point in getting discouraged, you never know on the Vine haha.

#31 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron said:

I think Max's entry is waaaay better than mine. But it's still for fun no point in getting discouraged, you never know on the Vine haha.

hehe, yea, that's probably the greatest beauty of the vine if anything, is the 'you never know' part :)

#32 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (228 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron said:

alright guys here you go!!! all done.

Dude, that's AMAZING! I love the staff, you've really made it look as if it's fizzing with pure evil energy! The pose it well captured as well, my favourite so far! 
I'm going to post mine soon, you've inspired me.
#34 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron: Very powerful and colorful.

#35 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron said:

The essence of the forum is to post our art , not winning the competition. All we draw we won because we created something unique. The prize is not to be number one , the award is recognition of our peers.

Your Skeletor is great. Great pose and style. I love it.
#36 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron: woohoohoo that came out freakin killer, totally love the crackling energy mood. Slick look with the side profile like that too :)

#37 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@Om1kron: woohoohoo that came out freakin killer, totally love the crackling energy mood. Slick look with the side profile like that too :)

I agree, its excellent!! Love the pose!
#38 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: very cool, and you got some Evil-Lyn action in there as well, slick :)

#39 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Thanks, man. Actually, its Catra. Went with her instead of Evil-Lyn just for the heck of it. Not that I know too much about MOTU but thought it might be cool to have her instead.

#40 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

@tonis: Thanks, man. Actually, its Catra. Went with her instead of Evil-Lyn just for the heck of it. Not that I know too much about MOTU but thought it might be cool to have her instead.

ah, another one of the hot 'He-Chicks' :D

It's been so long since I seen MOTU I forgot there were other ladies.

#41 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4235 posts) - - Show Bio
@maxicere: Your Skeletor is awesome dear sir.
#42 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Same here, forgot about all the characters but thanks to Comic Vine's files.... :) ....one can search and remember them. My youngest brother was a big He-man fan so I hope I do this right for him. I will send this image his way when completed. Hope it turns out to someone's liking at least.

#43 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

@tonis: Same here, forgot about all the characters but thanks to Comic Vine's files.... :) ....one can search and remember them. My youngest brother was a big He-man fan so I hope I do this right for him. I will send this image his way when completed. Hope it turns out to someone's liking at least.

hehe, yea it was my younger brother too who did all the action figure collecting and he had ALL the MOTU stuff. I got all the comics that had them, some gems in there :)

Got a little time to work something up for this last night.

Skeletor
#44 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

dont forget sword in the other hand tonis ;) that was the trickiest part of this. I could've made something a bit more dramatic but that's a lot of stuff in a mans hands. lol

#45 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron said:

dont forget sword in the other hand tonis ;) that was the trickiest part of this. I could've made something a bit more dramatic but that's a lot of stuff in a mans hands. lol

hmm, your right, he did ask for both eh. Oh well, I think I got a Conan sword around here that looks kinda close. :)

#46 Edited by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Looks great. I also forgot the blasted sword. I just got into inking the piece, too. Hate to do it all over,maybe I can still add the sword. Peeps griped about the no butt thong rule for the Psylocke costume contest, so I need to follow the rules here and add the sword. EDIT: I just deleted the art and will start over but with the same pose. Don't know if I will add Catra.

Just to add, yeah, my youngest bro, he had most of the action figures, it was his thing. Don't think we had any comics though.

#47 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@DoomDoomDoom: Thanks!!

@tonis: Great work !! I like sooo much!!

Forgive me everybody for the stupid idea to put two weapon in Skeletor. I had a lot of troubles and lost a lot of time in my work to put this sword. Was a bad choise.
#48 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: No no no no. It is NOT a stupid idea! It is YOUR contest. I just didn't remember the rule. I am OK with it. Please keep it. Its OK!

#49 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron: I'm so glad we are seeing you enter the contest again. Great addition !
#50 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207 said:

@Om1kron: I'm so glad we are seeing you enter the contest again. Great addition !

I appreciate it, sorry I haven't been doing most of the contests guys. I started doing a lot of physical training and it saps up a lot of my downtime or insomnia time since I need to sleep for recovery.