• 94 results
#1 Edited by MJohnson (63 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT:  Hey all, I'll be posting the voting thread soon for this artist showdown near 11:00 AM PST on the 23rd.  Really awesome awesome work in this thread ^_^!!

I chose her because shes cool.  Um, this is my first time making a thread like this and I'm sorry if I mess up. 

Deadline: 7/22/11  <<  ENDS AT 11:59 PM PST

Any Medium, must include a shade of green in the final piece and must include her destroying or helping to dismantle a building or robot. Any costume choice.

Thanks guys, and good luck!

EDIT:  Hey all, I'll be posting the voting thread soon for this artist showdown near 11:00 AM PST on the 23rd.  Really awesome awesome work in this thread ^_^!!
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Those poor robots!

I'm looking forward to seeing some gorgeous Polaris art!  She deserves a prettier costume too :)

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@MJohnson: Great choice, some might say they will be green with envy to try this one, but hair today and gone tomorrow. If artists have magnetic personalities, they may be attracted to this contest.

OK, well, destroying or dismantling a robot, kind of interesting.

#4 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmmmmmm I'm picturing some ideas here.

#5 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm, it'll be cool making something green that doesn't require a lantern in it :)

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's hoping this Contest gets bumped to the top.

#7 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I did not make it for this thread but I just colored this yesterday so I will post it anyways. She is supposed to be about to attack She-Hulk but it looks more like they are setting up stage! It doesn't quite comply to the rules you set but I thought I'd share ;)

#8 Edited by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my first attempt at this one. Not too satisfied with it but here's a start. ( Had to re-do this ).

#9 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: hehe, if I didn't know better I'd almost swear that robot is enjoying whichever act she's putting him through XD

#10 Edited by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

Will put in the green aspect later on... this will do for now.

This is my most favorite costume of Lorna Dane... her first X-Force costume chosen by her. Originally designed by Joe Quesada. It has metal gold armor and red metallic ribbons with the typical 90s belts with i-dont-know-whats-the-use-of-it.

Ink version of the drawing.

Painted version. I purposely leave-out the parts of the sentinel black and white with hints of gray to focus more on Polaris.
#11 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

hmm, it'll be cool making something green that doesn't require a lantern in it :)

lol, this might be a tough one for you then, ha ha ha. 

The robot aspect gave me a funny idea but I'm not sure if I will have time to do it.
#12 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: Sweet. I was torn whether to use that original 90's costume or not and the leg belt thing was always funky to me. I had forgotten how many "interesting" costumes Polaris had until I looked through her gallery. Oy, nothing to be proud of. That aside, you did a great job with your art.

#13 Edited by KEROGA (934 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Decept_O!

#15 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: I love the hair! Did you color it with pencils?
#16 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrUnknown: Thank You. No, actually, I use pens and markers on this one. I am not too happy with this one because the paper I used just didn't cut it. However thanks for the nice comment.

#17 Edited by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you were right Decept-O, this one did attract a bunch of artists.  It hasn't even been three days and we already have a handful of great entries! :D

#18 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Ha Ha! Poor CP30! Nice one I love it!!@IcePrince_X: Of course. Love the Sentinel.

#19 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

great entries coming everyone!

#20 Posted by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept_O thank you again! :-) I actually like the way you colored her green. The layering is very appealing.

@M.S. Feather cute take on this one with her swirling her evil pointing finger :-)

@Keroga Good to see new blood in the vine. Love your interpretation of Polaris. :-)

@Mr. Unknown though you said you didn't quite follow the rule... I do say, its still a heck of an art of Polaris and She-Hulk.

#21 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these are very entertaining and good! =)
#22 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X: Wow, the colouring really makes that sentinel pop.

@M.S. Feather: Yours is just cracking me up and I don't even like Star Wars (that robot guy is from Star Wars, right?)
#23 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: Even better!

#24 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@mimschkin: Yeah, that's C-3PO from Star Wars.  In The Empire Strikes Back he was blown to pieces and had to be carried around by Chewy.  He also lost his head in the prequel trilogy, so this has happened to him quite a few times. ^^
#25 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather: Lol. I found it funny before but now it also makes sense as a bonus.
#26 Posted by KEROGA (934 posts) - - Show Bio

is it kool if i do another entry?..am not really liking this one....and how do you delete your own image entry?....
#27 Edited by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@KEROGA: You can redo an entry if you'd like, other artists have in the past.  As for deleting a post, just put your pointer over the bottom of your post and "delete" should appear among the other options.

Looking forward to what else you come up with. ^^
#28 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's another attempt. Hope I can color this one as well.

#29 Edited by Om1kron (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

did we finally stop naming this the f@cking longest artist, redundant artist showdown of artist's thread? THANK YOU for whoever made that change LOL!

#30 Posted by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om1kron 
Welcome back! As to your observation, I guess, the thread maker is a 1st timer and did not really titled it the way it should be. But we do get the idea...so are we expecting a work of yours here? 

@Decept_O 
Very nice details on this one and anatomy wise, I can see a better form and design. Can't wait to see it colored.

#31 Edited by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: Thanks. Yeah, that first one was way too "flat" and I am not being pervy when I say that. It was more of a rough sketch for all intents and purposes. Here is my colored version, still not too happy with it but it is something. This is my official entry.

#32 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Nice one!

I love how you presented the energy in this one. Jack Kirby would approve! ^^

#33 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

holy crap, this thread blew up, last time I saw it a few days ago it was just made. There's a weeks worth of entries already. Awesome job guys.

Oh and poor poor C3PO, somewhere in his memory cells he's gotta have a sample of Rodney Dangerfield saying 'no respect', 'no respect' :D

#34 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Thank You! Your C3P0 and Polaris is great.@tonis: See what happens when you skip out on the Vine, Tonis? Ha Ha! Glad you are back.

#35 Posted by MJohnson (63 posts) - - Show Bio

So much good work!!! OMG!!  I love how so many people have taken up the challenge!!  Keep it up folks!

#36 Edited by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Payno 
One of Polaris' long lasting costume during the 90s. 
I remember that this was the costume she used when the government insisted that she should wear standard colored uniform like her team mates thus changing her gold and red costume to a yellow and blue. 
 Your art work is great as usual! You are a real pro!

#38 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X

Thanks. Polaris's costumes have always been hideous, I don't think I've ever liked any of them. I drew her in her 90's X-Factor outfit as it is the one I hate least.
#39 Posted by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Payno 

No love for the Red and Gold costume? I still believe this is the most well thought of costume she had. The gold and red colors do compliment her green hair.

#40 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X

The red and gold costume is not as bad as some of the costumes she's worn, but like a lot of 90's costumes, it's got a lot of unnecessary belts and pouches!
#41 Posted by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

I get your drift on that one. he he he

#42 Posted by Om1kron (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X said:

@Om1kron Welcome back! As to your observation, I guess, the thread maker is a 1st timer and did not really titled it the way it should be. But we do get the idea...so are we expecting a work of yours here?

Negative ghost rider, don't like the character thus I won't produce anything worth a crap.

#43 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: The inner workings of those Sentinels look fantastic!

#44 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather:  Thanks. I took a bit of a shortcut with the innards. I used some pictures of car and jet engines, that I messed around with in Photoshop, to create them.
#45 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: Damn you, all your work is so good! I love the simplicity of all your pieces.
#46 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@mimschkin: Thanks.
#47 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

hope my entry isn't too late. shouldve went to bed hours ago. 

#48 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Being able to seamlessly blend photos with 2D art is a skill within itself. : )

@gunjin: Great point of view on this one!

#49 Posted by IcePrince_X (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunjin

You can really feel Lorna reaping you... i mean the robot apart. Great perspective in short :-)

#50 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather@IcePrince_X:  thanks gents.