Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O
@M.S. Feather said:
"I'd like to see it continue but maybe to please everyone we could just change the title and open it up to characters from any company?"

That isn't that bad of an idea.  Since Decoy Elite brought this up, and as did LT 1085, I have been re-thinking the whole thing.  I love doing the "2099" treatment to the DC characters, don't get me wrong.   

It is just that with Marvel and DC, there already are "future" versions of their respective characters, both with the "2099" and "1 Million" lines, not to mention the alternate future reality versions from the stories themselves, the Crisis versions, etc., etc., ad nauseum.   

I think the "Costume Creation" Contest is something that actually fits the whole spectrum, and not just DC and Marvel.  What you touch upon is something hopefully more winning artists of the Costume Contest will consider, suggesting characters outside of DC and Marvel.   

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop

If helps the artists' decision any, the DC2099 contest is what attracted me (a non-artist) to the forum.  You're all pretty talented, if I may say so.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Decept-O
@cbishop:
That is incredibly kind of you.  I don't always see the other very talented artists contributing to the DC 2099 Contest, though, so that's another reason I am re-thinking it.  It isn't up to me, naturally, it is up to the Mods if it is worthy of continuing.  I am just being "nosy" what people think about it.  So thanks for that, that is interesting to hear your opinion.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

I personally like seeing the art work for this

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O said:
" @cbishop: That is incredibly kind of you.  I don't always see the other very talented artists contributing to the DC 2099 Contest, though, so that's another reason I am re-thinking it.  It isn't up to me, naturally, it is up to the Mods if it is worthy of continuing.  I am just being "nosy" what people think about it.  So thanks for that, that is interesting to hear your opinion. "
inquisitive minds wanna know :) 
Whether it's a single 'future theme' contest that mixes it up or we introduce in the Marvel million as a compliment to the current DC offering it's a fun challenge that provides enough variety to warrant it's own corner in the contests. True, the costume contest is similar in nature, it just doesn't emphasize any thought into future tech. That's the part of the 2099 that is the funnest to practice on. 

As long as there's time to get something done for these 'secondary' contests behind the big 4. I'd be interested when the characters cool and has future possibilities.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decept-O
@M.S. Feather:   I hear what you're saying but I think there are characters from other companies that are well known;  Red Sonja, Conan, Hellboy, even Public Domain characters, etc., the list goes on.  I like your line of thinking, suggesting other characters besides DC and Marvel.  Again, the point I bring up is that the Costume Contest pretty much can cover all these companies and their respective characters.     

@tonis:
Oh yeah, definitely see where you're going with that, and I tend to agree.  I'm trying to banter about some ideas, just wanting to know what people are thinking about the "future" version Contests, whether it is DC or Marvel or other companies.  Again I bring this up too because there are other Contests happening, but it seems like interest might be tapering off for the DC 2099?  IDK.   It is at #9, so I think it is a "healthy" Contest thus far BUT BUT BUT...this might be covered in the Costume Contest too. 

I just want to be fair and get some input as LT 1085 and Decoy Elite brought up the topic, so why not talk about it and see what peeps think?    

To both of you, I think it is a matter of wait and see if enough people continue contributing, bottom line. 

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite

It should still continue. 
It's a unique premise as far as contests go. It's not really changing the costume so much as re-imaging the character as a future version(thus allowing for much more creative changes). 

As for it being redundant, so is the costume contest as characters have costume changes all the time (heck, Spider-Man recently got another one).

I only made the Marvel one in case people wanted to try out some Marvel guys instead of DC characters. If it's causing this much of a problem then just lock it. 

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By spawndon
@tonis said:
 True, the costume contest is similar in nature, it just doesn't emphasize any thought into future tech. That's the part of the 2099 that is the funnest to practice on.
This is what I'm stressing upon.
The costume can ask for anything, but 2099 always deals with the future.
 And its a challenge to draw future "tech-ed" suits, so better let this continue...
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spawndon said:
" @tonis said:
 True, the costume contest is similar in nature, it just doesn't emphasize any thought into future tech. That's the part of the 2099 that is the funnest to practice on.
This is what I'm stressing upon. The costume can ask for anything, but 2099 always deals with the future.  And its a challenge to draw future "tech-ed" suits, so better let this continue... "
I turned Green Arrow into a tree in one of the 2099 contests. I have a feeling that I couldn't do that in the Costume contest.
It's clear these contests are completely different.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tonis
@Decoy Elite said:
" @spawndon said:
" @tonis said:
This is what I'm stressing upon. The costume can ask for anything, but 2099 always deals with the future.  And its a challenge to draw future "tech-ed" suits, so better let this continue... "
I turned Green Arrow into a tree in one of the 2099 contests. I have a feeling that I couldn't do that in the Costume contest. It's clear these contests are completely different. "
lol, now that's creative. You're not going to get a lot of opportunities to try that kind of stuff typically. 
Unless of course you go creating Cannabis-Man in the character creation contest or something like that :)
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By mikethekiller

yes 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Decept-O
@mikethekiller:   Thanks for your input.  

@Decoy Elite:   I don't think your idea is a "problem" at all.  I am curious what Viners think about the DC 2099 Contest in particular.   It is just I am wondering if these ideas are still viable and will survive, your Marvel 1 Million Contest idea included.  Thus far, the stats seem to suggest the DC 2099 Contest is a "go", so perhaps the same will apply to yours? 

@joshmightbe:
Thanks for your input. 
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Om1kron

you guys better not cancel that contest before I upload my wildcat entry, I'll be severly butthurt lol  

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tonis
@Om1kron said:
" you guys better not cancel that contest before I upload my wildcat entry, I'll be severly butthurt lol   "
second that, and I don't even know how to butthurt, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night :) 
So looking forward to what you do with WC99 and that new gadget probably glued to your hand by now.
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Om1kron
@tonis said:
" @Om1kron said:
" you guys better not cancel that contest before I upload my wildcat entry, I'll be severly butthurt lol   "
second that, and I don't even know how to butthurt, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night :) So looking forward to what you do with WC99 and that new gadget probably glued to your hand by now. "
I have Travis Charest Syndrome... Videogames > Artwork lol been hooked to Assassins Creed 2 Brotherhood since I unlocked recruiting my own assassins. 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Magian

My opinion doesn't really matter here as I don't draw but I like those contests.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Decept-O
@ComicMan24:   Your opinion DOES matter, it isn't just up to the artists!  This Forum is for EVERYONE.  This Poll is for EVERYONE.  We wouldn't do our art if it weren't for other users commenting and voicing their opinions.  Never think your voice doesn't count!  So says Uncle Decept-O!
@Om1kron:
No not up to me to cancel it.  I just wanted some input about it, and thus far, there is a very good margin in favor of it continuing.  Certainly don't want it gone before you submitted your entry!    

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Magian
@Decept-O: lol Thanks. As I said I like them.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I'm not an artist either but I love these contests and checking out the people that can draw.  The ideas that come dirrectly from these "future" treads would be lost if combined with other contests instead of forging out on their own.