• 0 results
#1 Edited by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio
CALLING ALL LANTERNS!!!

ROUND ROBIN 11

Ok everyone, prepare for the next round of epic robin-ess :P

As tradition myself and Gambit1024 have devised the next theme for the contest which is...

To take any characters from any comic book series and align them with a certain lantern corps. These can be characters from any comics DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse etc.

Examples could be Rick Grimes as a blue lantern, Sara Pezzini as an indigo lantern or Chew as an Orange lantern (you can use these suggestions by the way).

The character must be able to relate to the lantern alignment and to show your decision state why you think they align with your choice, Hope everyone has lots of fun with this one should bring about a lot of interesting designs.

I'll give this contest 3 weeks so end date will be MAY 19th, 22:00 (British time)

#2 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited!!!

#3 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

more lantern types than there are (distinct) colors in a rainbow.... oof.

#4 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio
The Hulk as a Red Lantern.
The Red Lanterns are fuelled by rage and rage is definitely a word that could be used to describe the Hulk.

#5 Posted by KEROGA (936 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME WAS DEFINETLY WAITING FOR THIS ONE!!!

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would choose it. Might as well have been myself :)

Hope you have fun with this guys!

#7 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: great choice by you, i was jus the guy who made the pm, ive been working on my design ill just say shes a star sapphire :P

#8 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: @Gambit1024: awesome idea guys, I'm already starting to think up a few :)

#9 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because I love this idea I may throw my hat in the ring for it. I know the character and the plan. More than likely won't be up to the usual standards but It will be reconizable

#10 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Dang you guys really came up with a great idea. ALL of the Round Robins have been great, but this should be really fun for a lot of peeps.

@payno: Totally awesome.

#11 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive made Elektra into a star sapphire. In my opinion my favourite quality of hers was her love for matt murdock/daredevil which is why she is a star sapphire.

Hope yous like it :P

#12 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew as soon as I read this contest that I wanted to bring Spider-man into my Lantern drawing. What gave me pause was trying to decide exactly which hue would represent Spidey's unique personality. I considered Hope. I considered Compassion. But at the end of the day, I honestly think plain ol Green Willpower is really Spider-man's defining trait. At least since there isn't a "guilt" spectrum representative anyway. So here is my Spidey Green Lantern. :)

Blizaga suggested I use this Thanos instead. The coin agreed. So scratch Spider-man the Green Lantern, and I'll use this Thanos, the Black Lantern instead.

#13 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: thats a great choice and i good emotional spectrum for spidey :P

#14 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: I've got to say, I love your style. It's very distinctive. Do you have a Deviant Art?

#15 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Thanks. :)

Elektra as a Star Sapphire is pretty inspired as well.

I notice you've got Iceman as your avatar. He's always been my favorite mutant. Maybe someone will make a Lantern out of him too. Is there a color spectrum analog for "Snarky"? :D

#16 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: @ZZoMBiE13: spot on spectrum picks by the both of you :)

#17 Edited by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

My entry:

Magneto as a Yellow Lantern / Sinestro Corps:

"Humanity SHOULD fear us!"

#18 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xmen_forever: good choice of corps, makes sense of someone of magnetos "fearfullness".

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Really great entries so far guys. Hopefully mine will be up and ready by tomorrow night.

#20 Posted by RMurray (83 posts) - - Show Bio

As a HUGE Green Lantern fan, let me just point out that the picture in the original post isn't including the WHITE LANTERN entity. Life!

Black/White are the two corps that operate outside of the emotional spectrum.

#21 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@RMurray: i know i just wanted to find a pic that gave a basic image of some lantern corps. white lanters are allowed i just thought it would be tedious to put up another image with a single white lantern emblem. I hoped it would have been clear that all lantern corps are allowed. sorry if it wasnt :)

#22 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine! I think each of these colors fit the characters pretty well :)

#24 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xmen_forever: hehe, we think a lot alike, very nice :)

@Gambit1024: another perfect match, excellent job

#25 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis said:

@Xmen_forever: hehe, we think a lot alike

In what way do we think alike?

#26 Posted by RMurray (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

@RMurray: i know i just wanted to find a pic that gave a basic image of some lantern corps. white lanters are allowed i just thought it would be tedious to put up another image with a single white lantern emblem. I hoped it would have been clear that all lantern corps are allowed. sorry if it wasnt :)

I figured as much, I just wanted to point it out because more often than not with so many Corps available, I didn't want that "out of sight, out of mind" to creep into the contest. There are SO many great possibilities here! I'm stoked to keep watching :D

Someone draw me a Skinner Sweet Corps allegiance, yahtzee!

#27 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little fuzzy on the rules here. Can we make more than one? I have a decent idea kicking around for another one but I don't want to tread on anyone else's creativity or options and I certainly wouldn't want to disqualify Spidey Lantern. :)

#28 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: You can make as many you want, but you can only officially enter one. Unless it's a group shot with several characters in one, like I did.

#29 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate the quick response. :)

#30 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno said:

The Hulk as a Red Lantern.
The Red Lanterns are fuelled by rage and rage is definitely a word that could be used to describe the Hulk.

This got my attention because I have The Hulk on my mind right now.

Mark Ruffalo was the only Avengers star who did a good acting job in the movie.

#31 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: agrred mark ruffalo was one of my favourite characters in the film, but i felt all the actors played their parts very well. Although out of all of them thor felt the most lacking although he had some great scenes, but not a lot of character development, which in my opinion could not be said for every other character :P

#32 Posted by KEROGA (936 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by KEROGA (936 posts) - - Show Bio

“Hurm, I hate crime”

“Relax, everything will be alright”

“I do love being a hero”

“if knowledge is power, then the power is all mine!”

#34 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: wow thats great keroga,the corps match each of them perfectley good job :D

whose that with the black lantern symbol?

#35 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: Epic. Love it!

#36 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: Ooh, that's a really good one. Kudos for being creative, sir.

#37 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

@KEROGA: wow thats great keroga,the corps match each of them perfectley good job :D

whose that with the black lantern symbol?

Has to be Manhattan, right?

#38 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: totally genius, man I wish I'd thought of Watchmen :)

I had a lotta fun with this one, went with the X-Lanterns

If you'd like to see larger versions of the characters you can view them on my deviant gallery HERE

X-Lanterns
#39 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Wow! that works so well and they all look great! I especially like Nightcrawler and Storm. They work so well with their colors.

#40 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xmen_forever: Psylocke's psychic blade design is truly inspired. Nice one.

#41 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

These are ALL SO GOOD! I want to enter after seeing all this great work!

#42 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem: @Xmen_forever: thanks guys, yea some were easy choices for their spectrums, like Magneto and Wolverine were givens they'd align there. Others was a mix of what colors they could work with and I shuffled a few around to what they visually worked best with. Like Storm could have also gone Indigo for me, but she really worked nice with white :)

#43 Posted by KEROGA (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: thx man ,means alot. i really enjoy your ant-man posters,very awesome

#44 Posted by KEROGA (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: yea,originally it was suppose to be Dr Manhattan..but eh

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: Much appreciated ^_^

#46 Edited by PoachedPig (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my entry... I'm really not familiar with Raven in comics, only the show so I'm not sure about the alignment. I just thought her costume fits very well in Indigo Tribe :p

#47 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

He fears his own power and the Void within.

#48 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@PoachedPig: @LordRequiem: I really like these a lot. Great stuff, guys.

#49 Posted by Rockfall (695 posts) - - Show Bio

My entry: Loki as an Orange Lantern!

Asgard shall be MINE!
#50 Posted by Backflip (2251 posts) - - Show Bio

@PoachedPig said:

Here is my entry... I'm really not familiar with Raven in comics, only the show so I'm not sure about the alignment. I just thought her costume fits very well in Indigo Tribe :p

That's beautiful. I'm extremely impressed :D