#1 Edited by EdwardWoods (76 posts) - - Show Bio

So I chose Decept-O to come up with the concept for this here contest. The theme is to draw any Marvel character as a member of DC's Legion of Super-Heroes, trying to incorporate a Legion style costume and flight ring.

Deadline is now Tuesday the 2nd of April, Midnight GMT

Goodluck, haveBatman to all, and heres hoping we get a great wee turnout.

#2 Posted by ARMIV2 (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWoods: Thanks again. Hoping peeps like it.

#4 Posted by EdwardWoods (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping for posterity....aaand because I'm hoping some more people will chime in to show an interest.

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWoods: It is possible Round Robin has run its course. We can wait and see if anyone will enter but IDK. Hasn't had a lot of interest of late. I tried with this one. Not enough incentive I guess for artists to enter it, plus there are plenty of other contests. Thanks again for asking me, perhaps my "baby" needs to be put to sleep.

#6 Posted by deltaoutlaw (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the round robin idea, I just couldn't come up with anything to draw for this one. I have absolutely no knowledge of the Legion of Super Heroes.

#7 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@deltaoutlaw: Cool. You really don't have to have any knowledge. I should have added, have the Marvel character wear a Legion belt or some indication he has a Legion style costume. Simply look up the Legion characters for an idea regarding what their costumes look like, and use the image references EdwardWoods posted here. It is just about making a Marvel character look like a member of the Legion.

#8 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (985 posts) - - Show Bio

Here you go gang! I whipped this up as a quickie as I had thing to do, but this was a great idea. I may try to do more when time permits I had a few other ideas

Enjoy and have fun!

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mrfuzzynutz: That's really good!

#10 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5151 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet

#11 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon: Hope you will enter.

#12 Edited by EdwardWoods (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a few posts here got lost in the shuffle with CV's site update. @kerogayou might need to repost with your pic duder, as it looks like it was one of em that got lost.

#13 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@edwardwoods: I usually don't suggest it, but considering the site changes, perhaps this contest's deadline can be extended? I may try to enter something as well, but would hope other artists can enter their work.

#14 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5151 posts) - - Show Bio

This a quick one for the contest. Kid Thor or Hammer Lad. I did him in YJ toon style and will work on the colors asap!

PS the proportions are a bit off, hopefully I can fix that soon too.

#15 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: That is exceptional! Man you really captured the theme as well. Very impressed! Looking forward to it being colored; even if you don't that is still excellent work.

#16 Edited by EdwardWoods (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon Hot. Damn. Thats all kinds of awesome.

@Decept-O Yeah, I didn't realize the site updates would waste so many posts in its aftermath. How much longer d'you reckon you'll need? (Thinking about extending it to Tues 2nd April)

#17 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@edwardwoods: That sounds like a good end date, should give other potential artists time to submit something. Hopefully!

#18 Posted by EdwardWoods (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated Deadline naow: T'is now Tuesday the 2nd of April

#19 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

MYENTIRE IMAGE GALLERY IS ...gone ;_; ....is that normal?

#20 Edited by EdwardWoods (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@keroga: Thats...frelling weird. Check the bug reporting forums, I wonder if someone else has had the same problem.

Bug Reporting

#21 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5151 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate photoshop and apparently Photoshop hates me back lol. It's a WIP, I'm trying ...

#22 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1030 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by joewell (6248 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

(Originally this entry wasn't suppose to see the light of day) but my rocket raccoon entry didn't "transfer over",no biggie I guess.

So this entry consist of Powerman,Hazmat,Spidergirl,Veil,Butterball.Characters from avengers academy and the avengers initiative.

#25 Edited by TOAyou (3 posts) - - Show Bio

the bestest superhero of them all

#26 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5151 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading Invincible and drinking so I decided to expand on the Kid Thor thing. No work today and a six pack of guinness produced this. I tried to do it in one take but I couldn,nt so I did two drawings in two layers and put them together in one layer. The first is Validus from the Fatal 5, 2nd is Kid Thor and the finished product

#27 Posted by joewell (6248 posts) - - Show Bio

@toayou: That is awesome, Are you gonna color it?

#28 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5151 posts) - - Show Bio

@toayou: Lol thats funny, good job

#29 Posted by EdwardWoods (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Submissions are ovaaaar! Cheers to those that pitched in! I'll get the voting thread set up tomorrow/later today