#1 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Traditionally, the winners of the Artist Show-Off contests get to pick the theme of the next contest in the series as a reward. The Round Robin contests are different because the winning artist then picks someone else in the Comic Vine community to pick the theme for the next contest. Why all the roundabout? This contest is meant to promote that other Viners who don't traditionally visit the Artists Show-Off forums come and hang out with us. It also injects some fresh ideas into the contest themes.

Now on to Round Robin #4!

The theme for this round was picked by SteveRodgers

I chose SteveRodgers because he is enthusiastic, has a lot of dedication by the forum and it always participates in every contest.

The theme picked by Steve is ANTI-HERO. Make yourself a ANTI-HERO character. No rules for this contest. Let your imaginations and interpretations of an Anti-hero be your guidelines.

Deadline is November 12th, 2011, 12:00PM Eastern Time

#2 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Very well said and an excellent choice in terms of a Viner. SteveRodgers has been a regular participant in the Artist Forum in many areas and am glad you chose him. He came up with a great idea! Looking forward to this and hope I can finally join in.

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an idea for this one hopefully it will turn out and I will actually submit something this time around. Hoping other artists join this one, it is a good idea.

#4 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

I might submit just for the fun of it, because by now everyone should know I can't draw very well.

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Give it a shot. Don't know anything about your art off hand but the contests are supposed to be fun, despite some insipid things I've said in the past that may be to the contrary. Go for it.

#6 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania: Come on !! Enter in the contest and fun!

#7 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania

This is just for fun and get your concept across!

I am looking forward for your entry!! :-)

#8 Posted by Chaos Burn (1783 posts) - - Show Bio

Right, so I've only ever entered in once, but I always make sure I try and vote in these contests, and I love everyone's ideas.... soooo

Super-Nasty-Man

once a rising superhero, he came across one too many criminals and decided the only justice was pain! kinda gotta rogue superman thing going on here.... iunno

anyway there ya go!

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn: That is a great Anti-Hero. Super-Nasty Man says it all.

#10 Edited by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

I just did this today, my doctor and therapist wanted to observe me while I was doing a drawing and how I sculpt to give me inputs on how to be more careful since I am still recovering from my medical condition.

Here is a character I created in my my short published novela in college entitled "Invisible Hand". The story actually started in the middle where in a group of psychic assassins named PCG (Psy-Core Group) is betrayed by one of their Top Mentors. The main character, Nina, is having a dream of a perfect psionic being in between the events of the story until the end of the chapter when a bomb is in the process of exploding and Nina using her fullest potential that this character appeared. His name is Adam.

Adam is a perfect psionic who decided when he was still young boy of 7 to technically leave this world and created his own dimension. Until 12 years later, Nina's manifestation of her fullest potential that was able to breach the dimension of Adam. Being perfect as he is, could not believe it was possible for her to be even able to reach him.

It is in the third part of the story that Nina found out that Adam does not take side. In his quest for self and spirituality he was able to decipher that if he took sides, he will only create chaos.

"There is no real hero or villain, its a matter whose side you choose... each has a reason for what path they chose. I find no reason." He said to her.

-------------

In my novella, each psionics have different power levels and types. Adam is beyond what the group was able to establish and in fact, is somewhat mentioned as a myth to them. the Chosen, the first elite group of PCG, actually met him and tried to abduct him but Adam just made the group look the other way, not totally making them forget thus started the myth. Also, Adam's connection to Nina is because, in a way, as perfect as he is, there are things that are bound to happen and that is, he is to fall in love with her because like him, she is also a perfect psionic.

#11 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: sounds pretty awesome

#12 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Burn: ...So that's what it looks like when a hero falls off the deep end.  You illustrated it well. XD

@IcePrince_X: I am seriously digging that concept.  He's an awesome character with some awesome art to boot!

Dominic is a mercenary from a post-apocalyptic world.
His wife was murdered by raiders but he and his young daughter, Mina, managed to survive the attack.  Devastated by his loss and fed up with the lawless gangs tearing across the wasteland he decided to take up his weapon as a gun for hire.  Now he travels across the wastes with his little girl by his side.  Prone to intense bouts of violence against his targets and those who get in his way, his daughter has become a calm voice of reason in his excitable mind.

• Dominic suffers from hypomania.
  • His favorite gun is named after his late wife, Camille.
  • Mina's hobby is making jewelry for her father.
#13 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: sweet, love post apocalypse stuff

#14 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@SteveRodgers: Me too. ^^

You were the one person I was hoping to please with my entry since it was your theme, so it means a lot to hear your approval. : )
#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14718 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Really cool picture

#16 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Shifty:

Shape-shifter. Government made anti-hero:

He was born red-skinned. A secret government program called MWP (Mutant Weapons Program), which has hidden cameras in every hospital, saw his obviously mutant demonic look and stole him. The doctors told his parents that the baby died. He was raised in a secret underground base. His official given name is MW-16, but the nurse that took care of him nick-named him Shifty. She also read to him stories of heroes and villains. He started shape shifting wile still an infant, but only slightly. When he reached five years old they started training him to be the perfect killing machine. When he was 17 he was taken out of the base to his first mission. He escaped and has been uncapturable since.

He spends his time killing criminals is a misguided attempt to be like the heroes from his childhood stories, and trying to take down MWP.

Shifty's "Demon Stab" kills a crook.
#17 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Now that's an anti-hero with an attitude. Hopefully he's flipping the bird to the trolls and not me. I love this it is great!

#18 Edited by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurai Jiko

Kurai Jiko has the ability to change anything he touches into indestructible dark matter with otherwise similar properties as the original material. His power affects anything except metal.

He is a ninja assassin who kills criminals.

#19 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997: @Decept-O: Thank you. :D

@Xmen_forever: Waoh, brutal.  The story's pretty tragic too considering the little guy thinks he's just doing the right thing.

Great creation!

@Rockfall: I like your style.
#20 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@ M.S. Feather: Thank you very much.

#21 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

For a theme that may be a bit "dark" to an extent, these are some fun entries. Great imagination and stories by everyone!

#22 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Chi Warrior is an assassin of people with dark souls. The spirit of an ancient chinese hero reincarnated clean the scum of the cities.

#23 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Wild! Very unique, love the art, as always.

#24 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

this is Volt, he is an antihero because he tries to protect people but sometimes he overdoes it (by sometimes i mean all the time). having electric powers and an anger problem don't go together well. trust me

#25 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@SteveRodgers: Love the concept you have with Volt. That would NOT be a good thing, having such powers and anger management issues!

#26 Posted by innocence (161 posts) - - Show Bio

something i drew up quickly. i guess his back story is he was tired of "heroes" putting away criminals into prisons when most of them would end up back on the streets doing what they do best: criminalize. He decided the best way to deal with a criminal was to either take off their limbs with his blades or terminate them. He is known as Mercy, because when his victims plead for mercy he replies with "You're looking at him."

I was too lazy to color him in

#27 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@innocence: that is sweet

#28 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy Crap!!! The concepts and art so far have been incredibly creative. You guys have been on fire while I was away :)

#29 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@innocence said:

He is known as Mercy, because when his victims plead for mercy he replies with "You're looking at him."

That's one of the most badass bits of badassery I've ever heard...

@SteveRodgers: @maxicere: Nice designs you guys. :D

Voting for this one is going to be too hard!
#30 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

Dominic is a mercenary from a post-apocalyptic world.
His wife was murdered by raiders but he and his young daughter, Mina, managed to survive the attack. Devastated by his loss and fed up with the lawless gangs tearing across the wasteland he decided to take up his weapon as a gun for hire. Now he travels across the wastes with his little girl by his side. Prone to intense bouts of violence against his targets and those who get in his way, his daughter has become a calm voice of reason in his excitable mind.

• Dominic suffers from hypomania.
  • His favorite gun is named after his late wife, Camille.
  • Mina's hobby is making jewelry for her father.

Best way to say this, I simply love it! Great concept, amusing and the art hits the spot! Classic Feather! : )

#31 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

had to whip through this to get something done in time but I've been loving all the ideas on this one and had to get something in there. :)

SPLICE

Her father was a prince, her mother a gypsy, in a country where both would be eliminated.

She learned to live outside the system, invisible to the grid. Her specialty is erasing 'incidents' and other evidence of her peoples existence.

Although keeping their secret is her priority she often finds herself at odds when it involves those she considers innocent.

#32 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@innocence: Wow! That catch phrase you came up with is awesome. Love your drawing!

#33 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis:

Hmmmmmm....

Princes and gypsies are No-No's in this country...

So who IS in charge? :-)

(Beautiful work, BTW.)

#34 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

Meet The Rejects a team of special individuals rejected from society due to their abilities. They fight for recognition and don’t always go about this delicately; bad publicity is just as useful as good publicity.

Ninya was an underwater dweller who dreamed of walking on the surface world and earns an education to bring back to her people, but she did not expect for such a hateful reception. After learning about superheroes in the world she now considered her home she designed a suit that gave her super strength and flight along with her natural increased intelligence and joined the rejects. She hoped to be recognized by the people who rejected her either by fear or respect.

Night Hound is a werewolf who suppresses his animalistic transformations through use of experimental drugs. Abandoned as a teenager after his first transformation he travelled the world not being able to control himself usually mauled innocent bystanders, however usually shrugged it off as it wasn’t his fault. While in he learned about the drug and stole it. He came back to and decided he’d become a vigilante to gain the respect he wants. This is where he formed The Rejects.

Acid Kiss (Melisa Standend) used to be a successful teen model and was the daughter of a crime boss. Her father had got into conflict with a competing drugs trade and as revenge the opposing side targeted his daughter. At one of her runway shows one of the audience members (secretly a member of the gang) threw a cup of acid at her face, severely scarring her. In hospital the acid gave Melisa unusual powers everything she breathed on or touched melted. She corroded everything around her and ran for her life. She became homeless and secluded herself until Night Hound found her and offered a place on his team. She only joined so that she could kill the men that ruined her life and possibly her father who shouldn’t have gotten her involved with his dealings

#35 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Yet again, more great creative designs. Awesome.

#36 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: thanks decepto kinda think im ona roll today posted 4 entries in different contest, i cant say im behind now :P

#37 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Yes, man I noticed that! Awesome job on each and every one as well.

#38 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok peeeeeople!! The contest is closed now! Thanks all artist who joined. It's time to choose your favourites.