• 103 results
#1 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I give the specs on Round Robin #3, I wanted to give a quick refresher on how the Round Robin contests work, since they're still fairly new:

Traditionally, the winners of the Artist Show-Off contests get to pick the theme of the next contest in the series as a reward. The Round Robin contests are different because the winning artist then picks someone else in the Comic Vine community to pick the theme for the next contest. Why all the roundabout? This contest is meant to promote that other Viners who don't traditionally visit the Artists Show-Off forums come and hang out with us. It also injects some fresh ideas into the contest themes.

Now on to Round Robin #3!

The theme for this round was picked by Silkcuts:

Make your self a BIO-MECHANICAL DISNEY character.

Any character in the Disney universe is up for grabs!

Deadline is October 15th, 2011, 12:00PM Eastern Time. Any medium is accepted.

#2 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis
I guess since I do praticly live there I should do this one ! But who to do ? And good ideas?
#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting.

#4 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
BIO-MECHANICAL
I love you Silk.
#5 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting idea.

#6 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Bio-Mechanical?

#7 Posted by jennifermontes (47 posts) - - Show Bio

What?!? This topic is pretty awesome :)

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh! I know what characters I'm doing. Nobody take Toy Story! :)

#9 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!
#10 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

working on it. I hope will post today

#11 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't finish today. See a preview

#12 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: aww he looks epic, cant wait to see the rest of it

#13 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@maxicere
That is cool!  I had a feelin someone was gonna go lion king.  From the preveiw...this is already an amazing job!
#14 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: @DomDom: Thanks!

Here my entry. Scar from Lion King.

#15 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: oh man, so cool on so many levels man. That is freakin monumental of your pieces, my favorite for sure :)

#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Awesome! Mine look like pansies compared to yours, lmao.

#17 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Holy Pepperoni! Maxicere, this is awesome. Great work, and quickly done as well. Wow!

Great idea for #3 of the Round Robin contest. Can't wait to see more entries for this one!

#18 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere said:

@Blizaga101: @DomDom: Thanks!

Here my entry. Scar from Lion King.

Holy crap, that's good!

#19 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Wow wow and triple wow... Here I thought i'll try to do a robo bagheera, but not anymore!! LOL.. :P

#20 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: OH JEEBUS!!

That is far more epical than i first assumed, makes me wanna re-think my design :P

Im doing the little mermiad by the way

#21 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Awesome (and fast) work man... I love the satellite dish... Great entry!!!

#22 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

When Silkcuts threw his ideas at me, I really hoped this was the one he chose, because there's a LOT of epic to play with when it comes to Disney.

Ideally I would have went with Huey, Louie, and Dewie cause I secretly wanted to be a junior woodchuck back in the day :)

Not surprisingly though, good 3d models of Disney characters are even tougher than your regular ole comic character to find and there was no duck I was gonna be happy with.

I went with plan 'T', which is my next favorite idea, 'TinkerMECH'

TinkerMECH
#23 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: Holy Tinkerbot!!!! That's awesome Tonis!
#24 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis
Love it!  Really Really cool design!  Tink rocks =) 

@maxicere: 
That is epic...
#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: I love the wings. Def one of my favorites by you.

#26 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
TinkerMECH

Nice! 

Chartreuse...one of my favorite colors!!!
#27 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks all for the comments!! I really apretiate!

@tonis: Amazing work!! I love the composition you do!!

#28 Edited by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: @ssejllenrad: @DomDom: @Gambit1024: @maxicere: Thanks guys, this has become a personal fav of mine to make, Tinkerbell is just such a cool little pixie.

I'm surprised though that no one has busted out Mecha Mouse yet. :)

#29 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Actually to be honest i was wondering how you would pull of a disney character, however my doubts were nothing to worry about. This actually makes Tinkerbell cool almost super hero-ish, but ofcourse we all know Tink is the coolest character in the world :P

#30 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

Daisy Duck as Lady Ducknika

#31 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: Killer version of Daisy. She's looks like such a bad ass :)

#32 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine!

#33 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: hahahaha, oh man, you do manage to pick out the gems and I knew you weren't gonna miss a chance to mech out. That is so awesome :)

#34 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: Awesome!! Nice pose! Looks sexy ;)

#35 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even a week in and this is already shaping up to be one of my favorite contests ever on this board.  You guys are so awesome!

#36 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

Not even a week in and this is already shaping up to be one of my favorite contests ever on this board. You guys are so awesome!

I echo M.S. Feather's statement here, everyone is going full out on this one and I am impressed immensely by all the designs and colors, every one's work. Will be exceedingly difficult to choose on this one.

#37 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i love the name everyone is making up the most!!!

#38 Posted by feebadger (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely interested in this.

Am new here so bear with me, but where do you put the finished piece?

Do i just post it up here in this thread?

#39 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger: Yes you do. Just upload your image in this thread, same as you posted your comment.

#40 Edited by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Reminds me of a mix between a power ranger and something from robotech and other animes!!! Very cool!!

@IcePrince_X: What if daisy duck did barbwire?!!!

#41 Edited by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for appreciating guys! i am still in my dry spell in my art, i just wish I can get over it soon.

@deadpool1109

Thats a great idea! She will be one sexy duck! Will try to render that suggestion.

I did a Hellfire Queen version of her and Minnie Mouse before as the White Queen and Black Queen. They both look awesome.

#42 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I will change my entry. I want to add another characters, was the first idea but my anxiety won.

#43 Edited by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, This is my new entry BUT maybe I will change another time (because Captain Hook and a witch still alive in my mind ...) I'm happy with this contest!

#44 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere:

This is actually quite good, maxicere!

#45 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I know mine's nothing compared to what's already here, but here's my entry. It's a little sloppy, but I think it fits the new direction I went with the character:

Meet Buzz Lightyear 2.0! This is what happens when the evil emperor Zurg takes complete control of the universe, destroys Star Command, and even manages to capture Space Ranger, Buzz Lightyear. After years of analyzing and toying with Buzz's Star Command space suit, he managed to fuse it to his body in hopes that it will corrupt what Zurg wanted to be "the son he never had." This, however, did not turn out well for Zurg, as Buzz rebooted to an "overkill mode" and wiped out Zurg's entire space station and fleet. Zurg had begged for his life and revealed to Buzz that he was his actual father: Neil Aldrin Lightyear-- the founder of Star Command. Buzz, confused and enraged, told him that his only family was wiped out by a bloodthirsty, egotistical maniac, and virtually vaporized him with the laser canon Zurg had equipped on him. Buzz currently roams galaxies far and wide, rebuilding Star Command little by little to make sure peace lives on in space and that nobody would ever suffer through the horrific ordeals Buzz had to overcome.

#46 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: damn, killer way to take Buzz into the future. That's an epic story idea :)

#47 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Close pick of Jafar

#48 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: Lol, I actually meant that the one you made, looks like if daisy duck did barbwire!! :P, she definitely has the look for it. :D

#49 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: I bet by the time the contest is over you'll have a whole splash page of a lot of these bio-mech characters... Nyeheheh! And great job by the way.. :D

@Gambit1024: If that is sloppy, you are in Bizarro land. That's an awesome piece you have there.

#50 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

painted her.