#1 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio

Howdy hey, party peoples.

I do believe this is my first time ever winning a Round Robin contest, so I'd first like to say a big fat thank you to everyone who voted for me. Secondly, I'd like to thank Raiiyn for coming up with this awesome idea, which is as straight forward as I think it can get. Any current character (favorite or otherwise) in the 1930's. Ooh, the possibilities for this have got me all excited and everything!

Now, for a deadline...hmm...I'm gonna be out of town from the 28th 'till the 11th of August I believe, so....maybe the 12th or 13th? I hope that is workable. If not, it can always be changed.

So anyways, have fun and...yeah, have fun!

#2 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds awesome

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see somone do Al 'Cyclops' Capone! DO that and myvote is yours! :)

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Great idea fellows! Hope all the image uploading issues get fixed.

#6 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984: Cyke is one of my favorite X-men. That does sound cool. I hope someone takes you up on your offer, I'd like to see it. :)

#7 Posted by batkevin74 (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: @tomdickharry1984: @ZZoMBiE13: SImple cut paste & paint :)

#8 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: @batkevin74 @ZZoMBiE13 Ha ha ha ha yha WINNA!!!! Al 'Cyclops' Capone, mutant mobster from Xaveris outfit :) Noice!

#9 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Human Torch (Jim Hammond). This is tongue-in-cheek, and the character is sort of current...his remains appeared in Civil war But this would be my guess as to how he appeared in the 30s, pre-Invaders, in Horton's lab.

#10 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dbennett6684 Very clever :) Good stuf

#11 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

So...I wanted to try a 30's Mafia-esque Deathstroke. So here's mine... Hope you all like.

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dbennett6684: That is very clever! I like this, good work :)

@Krissyjump: Nice take on Deathstroke. Question, his left arm, is that a shield or what? I'm not sure what that circle on his arm is

#13 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a tommy gun pointed straight forward. And thank you for the compliment. :)

#14 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm diggin' deathstroke, pretty cool

#15 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Krissyjump Noice! He loooks kinda asian, like one of them old school martial films they did in the 1970's set in the 30s. Good stuf

#16 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

My rendition of a 1930s Batman! (:D

#17 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations Very, very nice work, especially the car

#18 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

My rendition of a 1930s Batman! (:D

Duuuuude....woooooaaaah.....!!!

#19 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@4donkeyjohnson: @ARMIV2:

Glad you liked it, Thanks!

#20 Posted by batkevin74 (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: I love the pic, just one thing: Batman was around in the 1930's. First appearance May 1939 Detective Comics #27 :)

#21 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@RamsIllustrations: I love the pic, just one thing: Batman was around in the 1930's. First appearance May 1939 Detective Comics #27 :)

I don't know for sure and I can't speak for Rams, but I kinda think that was the point. Just sayin.

#22 Posted by Blizaga101 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an entry not sure though if ill be able to colour it soon but ill give it my damndest :P

#23 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

Glad you liked it, I am trying to understand your point.

This contest is about characters that are around now and where, or can be placed in the 1930's. I am aware of his first appearance and chose this because of it. Did I miss something you are trying to point out? (8 P

@ZZoMBiE13:

Thanks Zzombie!

#24 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations:

WOW!!!

Silkcuts and I are cooking up something that I think you'll enjoy, Robert. Just stay tuned. :D

#25 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr:

Thanks for the "WoW"!

Let me know about your project...

If you get a chance have Tony look at my vintage 1030s Batman, hes always been a Bat-head fan! :)

#26 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dbennett6684: @Krissyjump: both are unique and making it hard to pick already lol

#27 Posted by batkevin74 (9725 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: Not a dig or anything man, I just thought it was other characters who weren't in the 1930's already...but it's an awesome drawing, you should take a look at this: http://www.francescofrancavilla.com/ He's done some Batman 1930's work also.

#28 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74:

Thanks!

No offense taken by any means. I did read and reread to make sure but as long as it's a current character regardless of whether he existed in the 30s or not should apply, If not, at least I added something that you liked! :)

#29 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@Roxanne Starr:

Thanks for the "WoW"!

Let me know about your project...

If you get a chance have Tony look at my vintage 1030s Batman, hes always been a Bat-head fan! :)

I'll check on Silk's progress on the project as soon as I'm done answering all my email.

Tony should have some time to catch up with you the weekend of the 11th of August. Bob will be on a business trip and Tony will have The Hacienda all to himself. :D

...and I think Bob has given orders to Tony not to let me and Velcro in there until he gets back! XD

#30 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by artiom1q2w (338 posts) - - Show Bio

it supposed to be a wildcat from dc comic

#34 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w He looks a little like if Frank from Donnie Darko was cartooned and he had an older jock brother! I kinda like this, good picture

#35 Posted by skillin villin (88 posts) - - Show Bio
red hood
#36 Posted by skillin villin (88 posts) - - Show Bio

final version of red hood.

Red Hood
#37 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio

Heads up! I'm ending this thing tomorrow.

Get 'em in while you can!

#38 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by momarkey313 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's an idea for 1930s Wolverine