#1 Posted by PoachedPig (75 posts) - - Show Bio

As is tradition, the winner of the previous Round Robin gets the honor of choosing another user on the Vine to bring a fresh new idea to the table. My choice was LordRequiem. He is very creative and I always admire his works.

Now, the theme for this Round Robin:

"With monarchy, extravagance is a must. They always put on a proper display when addressing any audience. Draw a character as if they were royalty, indulging in lavish attire only ridiculous wealth can yield. Modify their costumes to represent their new-found heritage."

DEADLINE:

• June 12 ( Tuesday)
  • 9am GMT

Have fun everyone :D

#2 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh this sounds interesting, definitely gonna paint for this one, try and reflect royal art

#3 Posted by SteveRodgers (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron King, i feel like his ego would let him do this

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

More great ideas for the Round Robin Contest.

#5 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambit Prince of Thieves!
#6 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockfall said:

Damn. That is fantastic. Kudos friend, kudos.

#7 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: Thank you very much : )

#8 Edited by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres my entry :P

Milady WONDER WOMAN!!!

I wanted to create a design that would show some royal aspects such as the collar, large crown, shoulder pads which I tried to relate to puffy shoulders. This design is mainly inspired by medieval monarchs as that was such an interesting age of clothing. Even though I wished for the royal aspect to shine through Wonder Woman is herself without battle attire therefore I wanted to create a blend of war and royalty shown through her armoured gauntlets and boots.

#9 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: I'm glad you picked somone that was already royalty, that shows some daring, as it would most likely be more difficult to alter that which is already what it needs to be.

#10 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem: to be honest i know wonderwoman is royalty but she never comes across as a princess in my opinion, more of a warrior, so thats why i went with her and gave her a more regal costume to reflect her royal heritage whilst hinting to her warrior nature :P

#11 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@Rockfall said:

Damn. That is fantastic. Kudos friend, kudos.

love that drawing...reminds me of those dolls...

#12 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool6_6_6: thank you

#13 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockfall said:

@deadpool6_6_6: thank you

yvw

#14 Posted by PoachedPig (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Can somebody make the the voting thread tomorrow for me? Pretty please?

School is killing me right now and I don't have internet at our dorm.

TT_TT

#15 Posted by payno (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

KING KANG

#16 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Crud. I spend to much time failing at making a new Thanos that I completely forgot about this one. Doubt I can make it happen, but I already had an idea for this one. Maybe I can throw something together before the deadline.

#17 Posted by redscare (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: This is really good. The watercolor really shines here and that can be a pretty easy medium to mess up. Well done!

#18 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Yes! That's exactly what I had in mind when I set this, except I pictured Spider-Man.

#19 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Never mind. I thought I could throw something together, but I don't want to submit something rushed and unprofessional. Sorry I forgot this one, it was a great idea. Maybe next time. :(

#20 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: I had a great idea for King Wonder Man, but missed the deadline, I'll post it up on this thread anyway though, I'd love to see what you had in mind.

#21 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm suprised that nobody drew Impulse.