#1 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been cranking out work in preparation to start a new comic in the coming weeks. These are my most recent work (after spending a couple of weeks studying anatomy, composition, etc). I'm pretty happy with a lot of this stuff and feel like I'm getting more comfortable with the style I want to use for the new comic book. Plus, it gave me a reason to draw Mister Miracle, one of the all-time great comic book costumes.

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet! Really good work dude!

#3 Posted by longbowhunter (7537 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you do commissions?

#4 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

Do you do commissions?

I do, actually. I generally do them at conventions but have been known to do a little side work here and there when I'm not prepping for a con.

BTW, somehow my Gambit didn't make it into that post.

#5 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Sweet! Really good work dude!

Thanks!

#6 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocketpig:

Nice work man! My fave is Green Arrow.

#7 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, Rams! I'm working furiously on the new comic now... After several weeks of anatomical studies, composition studies, layout studies, color studies, blah blah blah, I'm actually drawing pages. I still have some work to do on the coloring (it's not *quite* where I want it yet) but it's getting close. Here's a sample page that I'm using as a test page for color tests. I'm close to settling on a style and now it's on to the next page so I can see how flexible this style is for various pages.

#8 Posted by weenman1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

That's some nice work!

#9 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice of stuff!

#10 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks a lot!

#11 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocketpig: I love the Mary Marvel best of the bunch. Good work on all, great colors.

#12 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Thanks! Odd that you find the MM pic most appealing... It's probably my least favorite of the bunch. To each their own, though, right? :D

#13 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@rocketpig: Certainly. While there may be a few minor things "off" about the Mary Marvel piece, they aren't enough for me to dislike it by any means. I like the pose you drew, the perspective and esp the colors and background.

#14 Posted by dngn4774 (3397 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful drawings! My favorite pic was the 2nd one, though Ollie really isn't Ollie without the beard XD.

#15 Posted by bennyq (410 posts) - - Show Bio

great work mate. Excellent. Love your colouring too. What's your comic about? Are you publishing it?

#16 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

Beautiful drawings! My favorite pic was the 2nd one, though Ollie really isn't Ollie without the beard XD.

Heh, I was watching the TV show when I drew that so I just kind of made up a hybrid version of GA. Arrow might be my favorite superhero so I'm also a big fan of his beard (and absolutely despise the New 52 treatment of the character).

#17 Edited by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@bennyq said:

great work mate. Excellent. Love your colouring too. What's your comic about? Are you publishing it?

I'm slowly posting pages on my site but haven't started "really" producing pages yet. I'm still working out some of the kinks with drawing style, coloring, site layout, etc. I plan to "officially" launch it in about two months after I get more content on the site. You can check out what I have in the meantime, though:

http://selfcentent.com/