Robotman and My Thoughts on Starting to Sketch Again.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I remember drawing and making comic books as a kid around age 8 or so but I never kept it up. When I was a teenager I loved sketching but I would often get frustrated with my inability to depict things how I want. I basically told myself "There are so many people better than me this is pointless". Having recently become interested again in comic books over the last three years has made me more incline to actually pick up a pencil and get back at it. Reading webcomics and browsing the Artist Show-Off board have been a huge influence on this venture of mine too. And being a little more mature about it this go around I've finally realized seeing amazing and beautiful artwork shouldn't make me feel ashamed of my work but help teach me and inspire me to get better and learn some fundamentals. So I kinda just wanted to thank everybody here for the great work they share here and ask what inspires you all to draw and work towards becoming a better artist? Feel free to post any of your work that your particularity proud of!

Robotman
Robotman

I also just bought a tablet to mess around with sketching on the computer which I'm now obsessed with.

This is my first drawing with it...be gentle lol.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Good work, very Mignola...... *notices avatar*......

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@cattlebattle: Thanks! Yeah, I definitely admire Mignola's style. I was actually looking at a picture of Robotman and Hellboy when I drew this lol.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tonis

@DoomDoomDoom: welcome to the artists corner and very well said. I feel the same way about the inspiration from the talent on here, it's truly infectious :)

Really cool that you got yourself a tablet, that'll help with exploring your artistic side. I was very much the same way when I was a kid about drawing. I wanted to make pictures but I couldn't get my hands to make the pictures I wanted to see. Eventually I settled on digital methods like 3D but I'd credit my early efforts with drawing as the motivating factor to try anything else. :)

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Hellman? Robotboy?
BB

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By cattlebattle

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@cattlebattle: Thanks! Yeah, I definitely admire Mignola's style. I was actually looking at a picture of Robotman and Hellboy when I drew this lol.

Mignolas a pimp, his style is definitely under appreciated

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@tonis: Thanks, looking forward to seeing some of your work on the board.

@Billy Batson: That first ones gotta ring to it.

No Caption Provided
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Billy Batson

@DoomDoomDoom:

The robot from hell.
BB

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

It's a good start, though Robotman looks a little bit more simian than mechanical.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Thanks!