Resources/Tips for Aspiring Writers?

calley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By calley

I'm pretty new to the site and I'm really liking it so far, but I was wondering if there are any other writers out there.  There's a lot of artists and that rocks, but my artistic development was stunted somewhere in the stick-figure phase so I'm feeling very lonely out here while you all are drawing and stuff.  Are there are any more of you out there?  If you know of any other sites with resources or anything, let me know.  But mainly, just say hi because....

I'm so ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone....

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By zombietag

hey. im a writer myself and you can check out my site here. a great resource ive found recently is jason aarons column on cbr. he talks a lot about the behind scenes parts of being a pro comic book writer and its very useful. other than that i say you learn best by just writing and writing and writing. 

....and writing and writing and writing and writing....

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tonis
@calley: welcome calley to the jungle that is vine :) 
My drawing abilities got stunted at about the same point, thank God for other ways to do things. 
For finding the great writers on here, and there's a TON of them, you'll definitely wanna hit up the RPG section. Even if you don't play, it's a writers playground all should enjoy. 

Seek the one they call Sha, there you will find many answers ;)
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite
@calley: Like Tonis said the RPG section is full of great writers. There's also lots of helpful threads on RPGing(which is very good for writing practice) and character creation.  

You could also post some stuff in the Fan Fic section and as for some feedback/tips from other writers. 
calley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By calley

Haha, nice!  That's really helpful.  I haven't been reading comics for too long but I'm working on writing my first script.  Tough cookies!! 

I'm getting good vibes from this RPG section.  I feel it sucking me in.... NNOOoooo.... and I'm gone.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tonis
@calley said:
" Haha, nice!  That's really helpful.  I haven't been reading comics for too long but I'm working on writing my first script.  Tough cookies!!  I'm getting good vibes from this RPG section.  I feel it sucking me in.... NNOOoooo.... and I'm gone. "
lol, if the RPG section don't suck you in, there's still gonna be something on Vine that ends up doing it. 
Resistance is futile :) 

Are you shooting to write a comic script or something more general?