Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
Hamlet
Hamlet

Okay, I sometimes become a literature-nut... Just a warning.

I like to read, I guess we all do otherwise why would we spend time on comic books, and while my Shakespearean knowledge is limited I do know of some Hamlet. Of course, one of the most famous quotes from this play is the following:

First Clown: A pestilence on him for a mad rogue! 'a pour'd a flagon of Rhenish on my head once. This same skull, sir, was, sir, Yorick's skull, the King's jester.
Hamlet: This? [Takes the skull]
First Clown: E'en that.
Hamlet:Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it.

This scene in the play focuses on what starts to be a series of jokes against clowns. That is until the skull of the king's court jester is dug up bringing Prince Hamlet to the sour conclusion that all living things die. Making the morbid jokes cease and philosophical aspect of decay surround the scene. This is where the famous line: "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio" (sometimes misquoted: "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him well") comes from.

After this Shakespeare lesson I would like to present you to my parody of this scene. I mentioned before that most of the time, when I don't know what or who to draw I resort to drawing Gwen Stacy, Disney’s Ariel (The Little Mermaid) or the Scarlet Witch. Once again in this case I drew Scarlet Witch:

No Caption Provided

It's not my best work, I know but I do hope you guys liked my little parody of the scene with one of the best couples in comics that is presently separated by death (or Stature if she counts).

PS. Drew this back in April but I forgot I had which is why I'm just now posting it.

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @sora_thekey

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By tonis

@sora_thekey: what a cool idea Sora, I'd love to see a whole Shakesperian play with superheroes, that'd be a total trip :)

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By kiss_lamia
@sora_thekey: Very cool, any chance you were inspired by the Wolverine and the X-men version of Wanda? it looks like her alot :D
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

@tonis: Oooh! I want to read that comic book! Thanks

@kiss_lamia: Ha! You noticed! Yes her costume is from Wolverine and the X-Men. Out of every outfit she has worn over the years that one in particular is my favorite! Thank you!

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By kiss_lamia
@sora_thekey:  Yay i liked her look in that series she looked awesome :D and Selene rocked to miss posh and stuck up loved it loool
kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#5  Edited By kartron

Oooh nice curves!

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers