#1 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my rendition of a cover of one of the Children's Crusades comics from Vertigo. I did it back in '95. That's Tim Hunter from the Books of Magic.

#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#3 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks. You've given me the guts to put up some more. It's true what they say, you are your own worse critic. I'm not happy with my stuff. Most of the stuff I'll be putting up was done in the 90s. I haven't drawn much since. A lot will also be stuff that I looked at and tried to reproduce. Not sure if that counts. Some will be in my own style.
Post Edited:2007-01-26 00:09:51

#4 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

This next one started out with the foot of the headless guy. I thought it was a really great foot so just added stuff to the pic. I was inspired after looking through a WWII book.

I do have more but got tired of scanning and uploading them.
Post Edited:2007-01-26 00:16:10

#5 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, nice to know you're a calvin and hobbes fan. I can't think of a single comic that has infuenced my life more than that tiger looking for his tuna fish.

Staff
#6 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

That last one looks like a part of a level from Day of Defeat.

Great stuff! Love the Superman.

#7 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by comixdude (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Madman and The Tick look great.

#9 Posted by Lady Solbright (7 posts) - - Show Bio

these are great G-Man!
Post Edited:2007-01-26 18:42:12

#10 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah until you put your stuff up and put me to shame. Thanks though.

#11 Posted by jayran (60 posts) - - Show Bio

thats a cool looking spide

#12 Posted by Mind (256 posts) - - Show Bio

So it seems that our G-man has talent. How I envy anyone that can draw.

#13 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff. My favorite are the superman, batman, tick, and calvin and hobbes.

#14 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey good work G-man

#15 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow 80 days since I put anything up. But it's been a heckuva lot longer since I've actually put a pencil to paper. Like most, I'm too critical of my own stuff. But many thanks to all the kind words. So with that encouragement, here's a few more.

In honor of our fallen hero, here's a Cap I did back in '94. It's from one of my favorite covers, I'm sure you've seen me put it up in different Cap threads. I just got rid of the uzi and (tried) to draw a shield. Since he was so angry, I decided to put in a burning flag in the background. I had started it in August of '94 in New York, let it sit for three months unitl in the beginning of November I finished it.

The next is called "This is a job for...huh?" It's from '96 when Ron Garney first started drawing Cap (before Marvel made the brilliant decision to take the book away and do the Heroes Reborn with Rob Liefeld drawing man-boobs on Cap.

This next one was done in late November of '94. This is what I thought of after hearing the Nirvana cover of David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World." In the center by the hole, is a long box of comics filled with "Death Of Superman" comics. Someone in this world thought it'd make them a lot of money.

This last one I did January 1, 1995. After a dream (must've been some New Year's Eve) I got the idea. It's called, "Go On Without Me." Basically you hear that line so many times in movies and tv. Here, some guys are about to go off to battle. The one dude is just kicking back, reading a comic and tells the other guy to go on without him. That's all the info. I have on that.

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Really like "This is a job for...huh?"

#17 Posted by Tawa Pax (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cascader says:

"Ha, nice to know you're a calvin and hobbes fan. I can't think of a single comic that has infuenced my life more than that tiger looking for his tuna fish."

Oh Calvin & Hobbes looks great! Can we get his transmorgrifier?

#18 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ash pic is awesome.

#19 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks everyone. Maybe I should scan in some more...

#20 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard for me to say it but those are damn impressive.

#21 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Its hard for me to say it but those are damn impressive."

Coming from you, that means a lot.

#22 Posted by warlock360 (28054 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the "Batmen" pic is the best...but u have a..."vast" imagination^^
Post Edited:2007-07-26 17:44:52

#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen that guy in the subway before ;P nice Hulk pic

#24 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought I'd dig out some more old stuff. Again, this was all from the 90s.

"Things On My Mind"

"Hole In My Heart"

"Love Is Blind"

Hulk

"Goin' to Work"

#25 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

those cool to be only scribbles. I like the Hulk one

#26 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks. Funny. I never really liked the way it came out. Think it's the feet. I have a "colored" version of the Hulk that I found in some of my stuff in my classroom. I think some of the shading I did came out decent. I'll have to remember to bring it home to scan it.

#27 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh those are great, G-Man. I love the wizard especially.

#28 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, nice wizard going to work. Didn't know that they took the subway. Figured they'd fly. Or ride the magic school bus.

#29 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

They're really awesome, G-man :D The wizard looks like Dumbledore on the tube

#30 Posted by G-Man (36682 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Heh, nice wizard going to work. Didn't know that they took the subway. Figured they'd fly. Or ride the magic school bus."

He's actually floating a little in the pic. I'll admit that I got the idea from some fantasy card that was in an issue of Diamond's Previews. I think the artist's name was David B. Matthews (that's what I wrote on one of the background posters). The background I added myself, including a "Concrete for President" poster, an ad for a sperm bank and Barking Pumpkin Records. The graffiti says "Eric Draven Lives." Don't ask me for the "good times" phone number. 753 was the prefix for numbers at my university.

#31 Posted by Golem (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick-@$$ Death's Head!