Public Domain Redesign Contest #9 - Solarman

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By payno

For this contest I'd like everyone to redesign the Golden Age character; SOLARMAN.

No Caption Provided

Solarman was a young humanoid alien native to Saturn. His planet was peaceful and without crime. Saturn's greatest scientist, Quinto, saw just how miserable Earth looked by comparison, so he teleported Solarman to the third planet via a master vacuum-ray projector, in hopes that the young man would be able to help the Earthlings out. Once on Earth, he used his great strength and intelligence to fight crime and generally aid any humans he encountered.

Deadline is April 12th.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

@payno: Great choice.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rasarima
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tried a different technique in this one...

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tonis

@Rasarima: nice transformation there, looks natural around the mask area, you wouldn't even know it was added without seeing the before/after. Out of curiousity, why'd you take out the gun? It works just as well without it but also accents how monstrously huge the artist made the pointy finger on that hand (I guess for perspective). You could take that finger out at this point and it'd still look like a normal fist. (more so actually).

Great choice of colors, I think what I like the most is the subtle yellow highlights you spread throughout, that gives it a nice final touch of lighting. :)

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rasarima

@tonis: tks, didnt saw a gun in the original by @payno then i choose to took it out... could have fixed the finger but, like the belt, i didnt saw the real diference :(

the light is a shot. I wanted to keep the "scratchy" touch of the original art, so i tried it in the light to...glad you liked it :)

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By spawndon

great overpainting!

one question: is the original a Flash Gordon picture?

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rasarima

@spawndon: I believe so, yes...After the tip from , i got a lot of line arts, and alike, from the comicvine art pics :)

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By payno
No Caption Provided