Public Domain Redesign Contest #50 - Golden Arrow

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PR_1030

Well, it's the 50th edition of Public Domain Redesign Contest! That's a golden anniversary, so I thought I'd go with a character with "golden" in the name.

The character for this contest is "Golden Arrow".

No Caption Provided

Roger Parsons' parents were killed in an arranged accident by a competitor, Braddock while Roger's dad was testing a revolutionary gas. Rodger, and he was left for dead but was saved by an old prospector, Nugget Ned. The boy grew up healthy and strong and well-skilled in all kinds of athletic endeavors, particularly archery. He coated his arrowheads with gold leaf. After Ned died, Roger dealt with Braddock. Then, using his characteristic weapon as a name (since he'd been raised in secret and was therefore unknown to the townspeople), Golden Arrow and his horse, White Wind, embarked on a heroic career. When he ran out of golden arrows he got gold for new ones from a secret mine.

More images:

Deadline is June 25. Good luck everybody! If you need more time, just let me know, and I'll extend the deadline.

@shatterstar: Can you please pin this? Thanks!

P.S. This is my first time holding a Public Domain Redesign Contest, so if I made a mistake, please feel free to tell me.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool Choice!

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3 shatterstar  Moderator

Pinned and edited that its the 47th edition, unless I'm totally missing something, the last one was #46.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't usually enter these Public Domain contests, but I think I may make something for this if time allows. Great choice of character @pr_1030. :)

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@pr_1030: Nice choice and congrats on the win.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PR_1030

@shatterstar: Um, I think the last voting thread was misnamed. I think this might be the 50th. You can confirm it by checking the winners thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/artist-show-off-4/public-domain-contest-winners-1507633/

@zzombie13@anbu_b_team@decept_o: Thanks guys!

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 shatterstar  Moderator

@pr_1030 said:

@shatterstar: Um, I think the last voting thread was misnamed. I think this might be the 50th. You can confirm it by checking the winners thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/artist-show-off-4/public-domain-contest-winners-1507633/

@zzombie13@anbu_b_team@decept_o: Thanks guys!

Thanks for double checking, corrected!

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Yeah, this one was pretty fun. I decided to make a modern take on the premise. A crossbow instead of a standard bow, an Indian Motorcycle instead of a horse, etc. Hope you dig it. :)

No Caption Provided

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzombie13: Woah. Love that crossbow design. I was an idiot to think that I was the only one with the idea to modernize Golden Arrow... I mean, I have a bike design too! On a side note, I'd like to commend you on your fast submission!

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Anbu_B_Team
No Caption Provided

Colored Version...

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: Nice! You guys work fast. Last time, entries didn't come in this fast. You and ZZoMBiE13 submitted in less than 24 hours!

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sketches can be done in an hour....coloring and inking can take hours. Felt inspired by this one. Nice choice!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: Really digging that design my friend. Love the duster. :)

@pr_1030 said:

@zzombie13: Woah. Love that crossbow design. I was an idiot to think that I was the only one with the idea to modernize Golden Arrow... I mean, I have a bike design too! On a side note, I'd like to commend you on your fast submission!

The bike was fun to draw. But if I'm 100% honest, I've always had trouble drawing horses. No idea why, I just can't make them look natural at all. Never have been able to do so. At this point it's probably a self-defeating thing where I've convinced myself I can't do it so I can't do it.

All that aside though, the idea of making White Wind and using part of the INDian motorcycle logo was the first thing that sprang to mind when I read the initial post. Glad you dig the crossbow. I started to do a compound bow, but realized there's literally no way to use one of those while on a bike. lol

Can't wait to see yours! :)

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

@zzombie13 Thanks. "I started to do a compound bow, but realized there's literally no way to use one of those while on a bike." Haha who even thinks about the logistics of shooting from a bike like that.....you do. Nice job!

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started to do a compound bow, but realized there's literally no way to use one of those while on a bike. lol

Can't wait to see yours! :)

Err..that's exactly what I'm working on right now. Mine has a bike and a compound bow. Let's just say he's extremely skilled?

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, here's mine.

Yeah, sorry about the "noones" typo. My English isn't really that bad. I'll try to find a way to color it. It's either colored pencil or digital. Does anyone know how to digitally color pencil-drawn material? I'll just edit my post when I correct my spelling.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

cool

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@frischdvh: Wow that art is incredible. Awesome stuff friend.

Keep up the good work ^_^

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr_1030: I am almost done a colored version of the sketch posted. Is the deadline end of day on the 25th?

Mrnoitaull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

POOP, this one got away from me!

Sigh.. I know there's been a extension on just about every contest so . . GOOD LUCK, FELLAS!

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: Oh, really sorry, I've been preoccupied with an internet ban on weekdays, so I wasn't able to look over this thread. Well, it's over at the end of the 25th I guess. If you finished your colored version before then, go ahead and post it as soon as you can. I'm really sorry guys for not looking over this thread well enough. I'll make a voting thread in a couple hours.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Great designs by everyone. Gonna be hard to decide.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay guys, the voting thread is here!

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/artist-show-off-4/public-domain-redesign-contest-50-voting-thread-1686993/

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

hard choices to make