Public Domain Redesign contest #39: Alias the Dragon

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ARMIV2

This one caught my interest on name alone, but unfortunately it would seem not a whole lot is really known about him.
"Police scientist Sgt Bill Norton used his police knowledge to capture criminals as Alias the Dragon. He has no powers, but uses a flame thrower for a weapon which is how he got his nickname."

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Alias_the_Dragon

No Caption Provided

But I figure the vagueness of his character leaves plenty of opening for some fantastic redesigns.

Will run up "till....October 24th? Yeah, let's do that.

And @shatterstar, could we get a pin on this please?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Oooh interesting. Might have a few workable ideas for this :)

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Blizaga101
No Caption Provided

Thought this character was a great choice for this contest, His story is compelling enough, but the flamethrower seems kinda overly aggressive, but I took that aggression and ran with it.

"Bill Norton wasn't always an unhinged figure in the Police department, but when you become a target from the people your supposed to trust, it could be said he changed. No one knows why his methods became so violent and his refusal to work with anyone became and issue for his superiors, but he got the job done.

But like all mysteries there is an answer to Bill's malice. Before his personality switch Bill was an up in coming sergeant soon be inspector, but he dived too deep into a case that revealed the corruption in his department and city in general.

He soon became the target of several of his fellow lawmen, some he considered friends. But friends or not they threw him over that bridge that night, riddled with bullets, severe head injury and they watched him sink...

However, Bill was not fated for death, but something worse, the truth.

He was saved by a group of scrapheap gizmo hobos. Somehow this rag tag group of oddballs, put him back together, through many means of surgery and unimaginable modification...

After months of rehabilitation, Bills mind, damaged and scarred was fueled for vengeance. His new friends were happy to supply him with the means to save his city from the claws of corruption. For him they created a device which allowed him to dispel a flammable, invisible chemical. When met with any kind of friction or spark would engulf the air or any surface it meets in flames. They also grafted a complete flame resistant costume. With his enhancements, his strength and durability were above exceptional.

With all he needed he set his plan in motion. After months missing he returned to his work. He saw the ghost white faces of all his enemies and he knew they were fated to meet each other again soon, but he wanted things to move sooner and arranged a meet up. But all they met was a fiery end ;P

Bill returned to work, unhinged and paranoid but certain he was going to bring down all corruption his the city as ALIAS THE DRAGON."

I probably rambled a bit with this origin,but that's how I do.

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn, Blizaga... That's awesome!

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redscare: thanks, I think I got really into that back story. If I actually had the patience to make a comic I'd prolly give it a go :P

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent redesign, Blitz. You should think about that comic idea...

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting real close to wrapping up here. Should I extend the deadline a few more days for any more potential entries or...?

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

@armiv2: I'll put something in by tomorrow so that his victory is not just by default.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Decept-O

@blizaga101: Very nice. Incredible work, you continue to up the ante.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are these public domain contest characters truly public domain, as in I could use them without any copyright penalty?

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are these public domain contest characters truly public domain, as in I could use them without any copyright penalty?

I'm not really sure if it works out like that. If it does, then there's a few I think I'd like to work with.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

So here's a sketch for you. Tried to Shinkawa it up without much effect. Altered the character some to where the flame throwing part is actually part of the mask. From there I kind of went in a more Asian way for the character. It made more sense to me when I started designing the mask. Anyway, yeah, no scanner so I had to take a pic with my phone and the light was bad but it hardly matters.

No Caption Provided

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14 shatterstar  Moderator
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ARMIV2

So here's a sketch for you. Tried to Shinkawa it up without much effect. Altered the character some to where the flame throwing part is actually part of the mask. From there I kind of went in a more Asian way for the character. It made more sense to me when I started designing the mask. Anyway, yeah, no scanner so I had to take a pic with my phone and the light was bad but it hardly matters.

No Caption Provided

Holey crap, that is cool.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ARMIV2

Well alrighty, we got our two incredibly awesome entries in so I think I'll wrap this up and get the voting going.

Aaaaaaand voting is up!