#1 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

NoMan - Essentially the consciousness of 76 year old, wheelchair bound, scientist Dr. Dunn transferred into the body of an Android with super strength and an invisibility cloak. Dunn can transfer his consciousness between the multiple androids he has stationed all over the world instantaneously to help wherever he is needed. He works as an agent and scientist of T.H.U.N.D.E.R. and though his android body allows him mobility and great power, Dr. Dunn is slowly losing touch with humanity.

Contest will end Saturday September 29th at 12:01AM ... Have fun everyone!

#2 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed the fact that he was used in DC comics as late as 2011 ... is he still eligible?

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

@UdontKnowMe: Ahh...here's the rub...according to some info, NOMAN and the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. agent characters, several of their comics are considered Public Domain because a few issues were never trademarked nor copyrighted when published....they forgot to include that info when they were published.

So, the deal is, only a few issues of the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents comic books are considered Public Domain. The rest, however, are indeed property of DC.

The rules for what constitutes public domain can get tricky with all the legalese.

So, its yes and no...but...I would say it is a good character to try, no matter.

#4 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

...Awwwww...

I need to get this scanner going PRONTO.

#5 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say he's good to go ... even his most recent appearances didn't include any sort of character update ... so all should be well. Unless I hear otherwise.

I love the premise for the character ... I'm already sketching out some ideas.

#6 Posted by KEROGA (992 posts) - - Show Bio

kool, ive actually read the recent thunder agents...thought it was good and original

#7 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5445 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this is where the idea for Galahad came from? 
As always, eager to see what comes of this :) 

#8 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna try and do this. Scanner or no scanner.

#9 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5445 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV2: UPLOAD FROM CAMERA MAYBE? 
excuse the cap lock :/
#10 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Donovan Montgomery said:

@ARMIV2: UPLOAD FROM CAMERA MAYBE? excuse the cap lock :/

Maybe...maybe...

#11 Posted by SamCopsey (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Challenge.... Wait for it........... ACCEPTED

#12 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, here's my entry. Got it to work via scanner, but unfortunatley the scanner I'm using here isn't half as good as the one back home...so the quality of my work suffers.

But anyway, here is NoMan...or what has become of him..

No one is exactly sure what happened to Dr. Dunn that day the lab came under attack by unnamed enemy forces, but everyone knows that a strange, lanky mechanoid wearing a familiar cloak stumbled out of the wreckage. In truth, that figure was an unfinished prototype for a new series of mechanical bodies that were to be used by Dr. Dunn. During the attack, In order to live, he had no choice but to transfer his mind into the unfinished machine. Doing so with a prototype so early in development was risky in itself, but with the surrounding chaos something wrong was bound to happen...

The good doctor does not remember who he is. He cannot return to rebuild his lab for he has no memory of it. He has no official contact with T.H.U.N.D.E.R anymore, and as the robot body is designed, he cannot speak save only through connecting to other electronic devices...

What he does retain however, are his feats. The prototype body, though more slender in frame, is faster, stronger, and a tad more durable than the previous body model. He still helps those in need, though what drives him to still do that is unknown...

He only has the one body now, and with it he has truly become the NoMan. He isn't human anymore, but he will still walk among us as a mute guardian of the oppressed.

#13 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: If it weren't for the fact that I love your Avatar Korra pics so much, this would probably be my favorite thing you've ever done. Love how you brought out the android. Of course now I'm going to have to come up with another design because that is basically exactly what I was going to do, but I can think of worse ways to spend my time. ;)

Seriously, great work. :)

#14 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: Wow, thanks man! I'm kinda stunned actually...

You're design is gonna be cooler than mine.

#15 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Wonderful job! I like the basic design of it!

#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

@ARMIV2: Wonderful job! I like the basic design of it!

Thanks!

#17 Posted by KEROGA (992 posts) - - Show Bio
Before turning himself into an AI VIRUS,this scientist built 3 androids,and now in his AI form he can opposes these androids.
#18 Posted by SamCopsey (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: Nice, I'm really digging the virus aspect. Makes him seem even stronger.

@SamCopsey: Wicked design!

#20 Edited by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Nice work!

#21 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Thanks, man!

#22 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@SamCopsey: I like how you took a unique character and gave him a unique design!

#23 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: Creepy as hell. I like it!

#25 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

of course it because he is "nohuman"

#26 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: that is a very interesting direction for this character ...

#27 Posted by payno (978 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Decept-O (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Love it.

#29 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool payno

#30 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Great job!

#31 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno said:

Bloody cool as always!

#32 Posted by ShadowsofBirds (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno said: