#1 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

Previous contest here.

I had this one down to three characters, but I ultimately went with the character known as Firehair (because Duke of Darkness didn't have a whole lot to his story and Dr.Vampire is...well, you can read up on him and see for yourself). Her story and character are just full of awesome redesigning possibilities!

I think this thing can go on till the 30th of this month. Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with!

#2 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (707 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. This one sounds pretty fun. Not sure of the criteria for this challenge though. I can redesign her in any way I see fit? If I want to make her a Sangheili warrior maiden fighting the Covenant with a Plasma bow, is that considered acceptable? Not that I plan to mind you, but how far out are we allowed to go with these?

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Cool. This one sounds pretty fun. Not sure of the criteria for this challenge though. I can redesign her in any way I see fit? If I want to make her a Sangheili warrior maiden fighting the Covenant with a Plasma bow, is that considered acceptable? Not that I plan to mind you, but how far out are we allowed to go with these?

I have seen some pretty original designs in past contests, so I'd say its safe to go all out with it. I think as long as the character has something to do with the character in the challenge it is all good.

#4 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (707 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. I decided to take my version in a radically different direction. In stark contrast tot he native American upbringing from the original (according to the link you provided), I went cyber-punk. Rather than being lost as a child and raised by native Americans, my "Firehair" was conscripted into an augmentation program and 'borged. (lol, is it the 90s again? Must be.)

So originally I was just going to give her the bright orange hair like so:

But upon reflection, I decided to make even the hair part of the augmentations. Though I may have to call her "Plasmahair" or "Lazerhair" or something like that. :D

Anyway, here's my entry:

#5 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

OK. I decided to take my version in a radically different direction. In stark contrast tot he native American upbringing from the original (according to the link you provided), I went cyber-punk. Rather than being lost as a child and raised by native Americans, my "Firehair" was conscripted into an augmentation program and 'borged. (lol, is it the 90s again? Must be.)

So originally I was just going to give her the bright orange hair like so:

But upon reflection, I decided to make even the hair part of the augmentations. Though I may have to call her "Plasmahair" or "Lazerhair" or something like that. :D

Anyway, here's my entry:

That is really cool, man!

#6 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: crazy cool design, I totally love the plasma hair, great idea and makes for a badass looking character :)

#7 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: just found this page at the Digital Comic Museum that offers free reading of some of those classics with Firehair, great resource for anyone researching into her :)

#8 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis said:

@ARMIV2: just found this page at the Digital Comic Museum that offers free reading of some of those classics with Firehair, great resource for anyone researching into her :)

Thanks for the page!

#9 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

My take on Firehair is simple. She is a red head who grew up with Indians and her Cowboy parents. She has learned mysticism and magic while being a downright gun loving cow girl. She combine the two to protect the lands that her parents and friends call home.

She can cast illusions and possess individuals; summon spirits of the earth and control weather.

What she cant do with magic she uses her gun to blow her enemies.

#10 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (707 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: Thats fantastic! Nice work!

#11 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X said:

My take on Firehair is simple. She is a red head who grew up with Indians and her Cowboy parents. She has learned mysticism and magic while being a downright gun loving cow girl. She combine the two to protect the lands that her parents and friends call home.

She can cast illusions and possess individuals; summon spirits of the earth and control weather.

What she cant do with magic she uses her gun to blow her enemies.

Nice! Very, very nice!

#12 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@IcePrince_X: always love your take on ladies and those creative poses you come up with, nice job Ice :)

oh and slick just coloring the hair, really accents the whole theme with her.

#13 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get a lot of chances to use horses in my pictures so I couldn't resist the chance here :)

Firehair
#14 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis said:

I don't get a lot of chances to use horses in my pictures so I couldn't resist the chance here :)

Firehair

...EPIC.

#15 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

I came up with this one recently.

#16 Posted by gorilla_girl (134 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't resist a chance to draw a redhead, so here's my entry. From what I've read, Firehair's story is one of revenge and rejection. So, I think she should look like this:

#17 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

#18 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (707 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Wow. Homerun buddy. Nice work.

These are all really great. I pat the collective forum on the back.

#19 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

Thank you!

#20 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@gorilla_girl said:

I can't resist a chance to draw a redhead, so here's my entry. From what I've read, Firehair's story is one of revenge and rejection. So, I think she should look like this:

That is freaking awesome!

#21 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (707 posts) - - Show Bio

@gorilla_girl: Love the subtle details. The small tattoo, the pin buttons on the shirt. Very well done. Thumbs up!!!

#22 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

Thank you!

Why are you thanking me, ARMIV2? I was talking to tonis. :D

#23 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

Thank you!

Why are you thanking me, ARMIV2? I was talking to tonis. :D

But...then what's it doing in my mail box?

#24 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

I have no idea. Why Ted Turner? Because he lives in Atlanta like me? :D

#25 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

That's Ted Turner? Huh, 'cause I scanned it up out of a psychology book from my school.

#26 Posted by gorilla_girl (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: @ZZoMBiE13: aww thanks guys! :3

#27 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

That's Ted Turner? Huh, 'cause I scanned it up out of a psychology book from my school.

Yeah, that's Ted. He's a piece of work.

Back when he was in his 30's and early 40's and the owner of the Atlanta Braves, you couldn't go anywhere in Atlanta without running into him. Then he married Jane Fonda and became unpopular over night! LOL!!!

#28 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (707 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

Back when he was in his 30's and early 40's and the owner of the Atlanta Braves, you couldn't go anywhere in Atlanta without running into him. Then he married Jane Fonda and became unpopular over night! LOL!!!

And let us not forget, Ted was pretty much responsible for the best wrestling shows ever! Sure, Nitro eventually crashed and burned. But the competition brought about by Nitro vs RAW was amazing. Both big companies trying to out "Badass" the other one. Fan-babby-tastic. The best it ever was.

Also, nWo 4-life!

#29 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

And let us not forget, Ted was pretty much responsible for the best wrestling shows ever! Sure, Nitro eventually crashed and burned. But the competition brought about by Nitro vs RAW was amazing. Both big companies trying to out "Badass" the other one. Fan-babby-tastic. The best it ever was.

Also, nWo 4-life!

Some people don't like him but Ted WILL go to heaven!...because he's spent his whole lifetime CREATING JOBS!!!

#30 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis:

AHA!!!

#31 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

Awrightie, folks, 'member that this thing here ends tomorrow.

What time? Probably around 4:00.

#32 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible designs by everyone. Another great choice to re-design.

#33 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by KEROGA (992 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Nice artwork!

#36 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

Does tonis know that he won this contest?

#37 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

Probably not since he's been extremely busy working on a project and hasn't been back regularly in a while. Roxanne mentioned he's helping Bob.

#38 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Probably not since he's been extremely busy working on a project and hasn't been back regularly in a while. Roxanne mentioned he's helping Bob.

Ah.

#39 Posted by Blizaga101 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

are we gonna see the next one anytime soon? Been itching to give the next one a try but its been ages :(

#40 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

are we gonna see the next one anytime soon? Been itching to give the next one a try but its been ages :(

I don't know. Tonis hasn't gotten back to it yet, so I'm not sure what to do with this.

#41 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: You should probably contact a mod about giving the win to second place since it has been so long.

#42 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockfall said:

@ARMIV2: You should probably contact a mod about giving the win to second place since it has been so long.

I'm considering that, or I might just give it to second place myself.

#43 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: any news on the starting a new contest? I'd hate to see a contest disappear. Its been a month.

#44 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockfall said:

@ARMIV2: any news on the starting a new contest? I'd hate to see a contest disappear. Its been a month.

I've gotten nothing from gorilla_girl, so it looks like somebody else is going to have to take over.

#45 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: the way we have done it in the past is if the winner doesn't step forward than last months can step forward and start the new contest. I'm fine with that as long as everyone else is

#46 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207 said:

@ARMIV2: the way we have done it in the past is if the winner doesn't step forward than last months can step forward and start the new contest. I'm fine with that as long as everyone else is

I'm perfectly down for it at this point. This needs to go somewhere.

#47 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: then in my opinion go ahead and start the new contest. If anyone has problems I'll take the blame!

#48 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207 said:

@ARMIV2: then in my opinion go ahead and start the new contest. If anyone has problems I'll take the blame!

Alrighty then...

Guess I'll start getting to work on that new contest.

#49 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good to me

#50 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio