Public Domain Redesign #13 - American Eagle

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By raamesirote

I dont know alot about public domain characters, but i managed to come up with a character that seams like he could really use a redesign ! This character is American Eagle!

American Eagle was the secret identity of scientist Tom Standish. While performing experiments for the US government, he was accidentally exposed to a mysterious black ray. The ray gave him the powers of the Bald Eagle--flight, strength and (of course) patriotism. Standish used his powers to fight the Nazis and other enemies during World War II. He was accompanied by his young companion Bud Pierce who, as "Eaglet", had powers similar to the American Eagle.

The concept of the challenge is to give American Eagle (and also Eaglet if you want ) a new and more modern looking costume.

Deadline is: 8.8

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ARMIV2

...I might have something for this, but I don't know if I'm going to be here for voting...

SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SteveRodgers

i would love to enter something but seeing as my upload trouble, i don't think i will be. great choice tho

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Decept-O

@Rockfall: Yet another great choice in the PD contest.

Dbennett6684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dbennett6684
No Caption Provided

(From the "Solicits" [with tongue firmly planted in cheek])

"It's 2015, and it's America vs. EVERYONE: this ain't your Granddaddy's world war. Inspired by the American Eagle, the great hero of World War II, former scientist, ace fighter pilot, and current Wind Suit parachuting champion David Carter knows the nation needs a new hero to swoop in and bring justice to an unjust world. That hero is the ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AMERICAN EAGLE!"

The story:

Carter is trying to replicate the black ray that gave powers to the original American Eagle and comes close, gaining exceptional strength and durability with the addition of extremely durable, hollow bones, but not the inherent ability to fly. Using his unique skills, he fashions a flight suit that is lined from wrist to ankle between each arm and leg with a track of sorts that can deploy a fully retractable red, white, and blue set of glider wings made of a durable, thin fabric. His belt and boots have high powered, yet compact air compressors that create enough force to allow him to fly continuously without strong wind and hover/take off. He also develops wrist grapnels (talons) he can use for a bigger takeoff by slingshotting himself off of the tops of buildings.

The pic-

Pastel background pic of the original American eagle. Pencil and ink for new AM Eagle and page burst colored in paint.net

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raamesirote

@Dbennett6684: Cool!

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ARMIV2

Here are my entries for the American Eagle and Eaglet.

American Eagle

No Caption Provided

Being the grandson of Tom Standish, the original American Eagle, Mason Standish had inherited only a small portion of the original abilities that were synonymous with the original hero. "Not enough" for Mason to feel like a hero, yet enough for him to do remarkably well physically. Although given opportunities by both his grandfather and father to further enhance himself to super-human standard, Mason preferred to reach peak condition through 100% natural means. And as for heroics, Mason would rather be on the front lines fighting for freedom with the other brave men and women in uniform then flying around playing "some golden pretty boy". He believes that his abilities, however small in potential, do better in war.

But things change for Mason when he gets word that both his grandfather and father have been kidnapped. Called away from active duty by a government agency that is set up to work with super-powered individuals (C.M.H.A), he is assigned the task of bringing them back to prevent enemy forces from obtaining any information that would be harmful to America and the rest of the free world. But Mason doesn't need any reason other than to get his family back, and he will do whatever it takes to do so...even if it means becoming the hero he never wanted to be.

Eaglet

An active (and exceptionally talented) agent of the C.M.H.A (Center of Meta-Human Affairs), Denise Maynard is assigned to accompany Mason Standish (A.K.A "American Eagle III") while on his rescue mission. Although she is 100% proficient in combat, fire-arms, and espionage, her main objective is to gather/protect any vital information that they may come across while rescuing father and grandfather Standish. She is given the name "Eaglet II" by her superiors during the mission, but when asked about it, she'd rather be called mud.

Dbennett6684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dbennett6684

Good stuff! From the slide design on the pistol I see you even outfitted him with a Desert Eagle.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ARMIV2

@Dbennett6684 said:

Good stuff! From the slide design on the pistol I see you even outfitted him with a Desert Eagle.

Thank you! And I'm really glad you noticed. I figured it fitting for the American Eagle to have a Desert Eagle.

Avatar image for deactivated-60776620030e6
deactivated-60776620030e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By raamesirote

@ARMIV2: Grate entry! Awesome detail.

@jkloog: Good work. I like the beak mask.

artiom1q2w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By artiom1q2w
No Caption Provided
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frischdvh
No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Decept-O

@artiom1q2w: Original and unique and a great job.

Dbennett6684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dbennett6684

@frischdvh-cool costume man

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raamesirote
No Caption Provided

'The American Eagle' and his pet 'Eaglet'

Uno_Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Uno_Oscuro

@FrischDVH: Awesome Design.

'@Rockfall: Love your drawing style, and the American Flag as wings is an awesome touch

@artiom1q2w: Your idea is very unique and original.

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By payno
No Caption Provided
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ARMIV2

@payno said:

No Caption Provided

Epic design, mate.

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By payno

@ARMIV2: Thanks.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By batkevin74

@Dbennett6684: Very New 52, they're doing a whole bunch of issue #0's with bursting through the 'old pic'.

@ARMIV2: I like the pairing, though your American Eagle looks a little shark like though

@jkloog: Nice work, reminds me of Battle of The Planets

@FrischDVH: Great new costume

@Rockfall: American Eagle with his American Eagle ha ha ha

@payno: Always good work! Did you think about putting wings on him? I only ask that due to his expression

Well done all round guys/girls/peoples :)

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ARMIV2

@payno said:

@ARMIV2: Thanks.

You're welcome.

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By raamesirote

Reminder: The deadline is tomorrow, so get your entries in wile you can!

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers