#1 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

The Public Domain Contest Artist Showdown is a contest meant to update characters from the Golden Age to the Contemporary Era. It has stopped for a bit of months now and upon the recommendation of Blizaga101, he requested me to revive this contest that was able to give some interesting recreation of characters.

For this revival of character let us have Iron Lady.

A villainess (?) whose powers are derived from her iron gloves that gives her strength among other things. Recreate this anti-hero.

Final Submission will be on May 15, 2013.

Good luck and hope you get inspired with this Golden Age character

#2 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

ping please

#3 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks very much iceprince. Perfect idea to get this contest back on its feet, and great choice. Will definitely participate.

#4 Posted by ARMIV2 (8673 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwwww, this one is just beeming with possibilities...

#5 Edited by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceprince_x: Originally, she was actually a super heroine, according to a website devoted to public domain characters. That info could be wrong BUT this is a great choice.

I happen to have my own character rendition for Iron Lady for some pending projects but will make a new drawing so it complies with the rules. Glad this got picked up again, always a fun contest.

#6 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the info Decept-O, I got it from here actually he he he....may be you can help edit that page to put this Lady in her proper place in the heroes league.

Looking forward on your take with her.

#7 Edited by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceprince_x: hey hun heres my entry for a public domain character known as Iron Lady, the plan was to update her character so i gave her a more brawler/martial artist twist as i picture her as a heavy hitter yet graceful. I also upgraded her powers so instead of having the gloves i made it so she has the ability to make herself have the same density as iron, so she becomes as invunrable as iron as well as having the strength level too :)

Iron Lady Ready For Battle by kiss_lamia

#8 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking hot! Good start to break (or melt) the ice

#9 Edited by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

My take on Iron Lady is more of Heavy Metal approach...bustier lady with an attitude. Instead of a glove...i made a full jacket like machine that converts her upper appendages with fire power and slicing action.

#10 Edited by BumpyBoo (10045 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiss_lamia:

I love your take on her, she has a kind of Elektra feel to her, I really like what you have done with the character <3

@iceprince_x:

Woah! That is seriously cool, she looks vicious! Love it :D

#11 Posted by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my original design for Iron Lady, one of the key villains in a pending comic book project I am currently working on. This image and design are copyright Eric N. Boyd, May 12th, 2013.

May add some color to her but for now, here is my entry.

#13 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

wonderfully crafted Decept_O really looks cool

#14 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceprince_x: Thanks, man, wanted to keep her design simple. I really dig yours as well. I usually comment on pieces in the contests but have been a bit busy of late, so my apologies. Also, when peeps don't use the reply button *hint hint* I don't always know when someone has said something to me. Bwa Ha Ha!

Good choice for the contest. At least it still has interest from people.

#15 Edited by kiss_lamia (1247 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o: Nice Iron Lady :) reminds me of a female silver surfer a bit :)

#16 Edited by Seathdroke (18 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by BumpyBoo (10045 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o:

I love this, what a cool piece! She looks awesome :D

@seathdroke:

Really like your pic, particularly the colour work :)

#18 Edited by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work seathdroke!

#19 Edited by Seathdroke (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you guys!

#20 Posted by Seathdroke (18 posts) - - Show Bio

a little update

#21 Edited by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess this won't go to voting?

#22 Edited by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceprince_x: Perhaps you forgot about the voting thread for this one?

#23 Edited by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry...been busy with work...will be setting up the voting thread in a few